The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/save-76-with-season-ticket/

With the conclusion of the SPFL Premiership play off yesterday the competing teams in the 2019/20 Championship is now known.

The Board of Directors have taken the decision to further extend the ‘Super Early Bird’ Season Ticket price until early June and now can confirm Pay at the Gate prices for next season.

The matches against Dundee United will be Category A matches (£26) while all other league fixtures will be Category B (£24).

This means the current season ticket prices represent a saving of £76 for adults.

Under 12s Season Tickets are still priced at just £1.

Season Ticket prices of the current period are as follows –

Adult – £360, U/18s – £130, O/65 and FTE – £250, Disabled – £250, U/12 – £1

Visit the Ticket Office now inside Dundee Direct or call 01382 889966 to secure your seat for the 2019/20 season.

£24 to watch Dundee v Arbroath 😂

The board have priced it like that to encourage season ticket sales but don't see that happening. You only have to miss 3 games and it's the same price as  season ticket. 

So once it goes to full whack for a ST the savings compared to PATG are negligible. 

Even £76 ain't huge, basically pay for 15 matches, get 3 free.

Not exactly an enticement to get one is it??

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

So once it goes to full whack for a ST the savings compared to PATG are negligible. 

Not exactly an enticement to get one is it??

I haven't got one yet and unlikely to now, will just pick and choose my games. 

This may well have tipped me towards not getting a ST. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This may well have tipped me towards not getting a ST. 

Me too, pretty sure this will have the opposite effect the club were expecting!

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Not exactly an enticement to get one is it??2

IMHO it won't go to full whack, it's been a "bargain" for too long now.  I expect a "prices held" announcement in the next week or so.

14 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

£24 to watch Dundee v Arbroath 😂

The board have priced it like that to encourage season ticket sales but don't see that happening. You only have to miss 3 games and it's the same price as  season ticket. 

It's a leap of faith with no Manager and no team 😉

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

By announcing the season ticket prices so early they essentially backed themselves into a corner regarding PATG prices, so this comes as little surprise. 

I've missed about 8 games this season with my ST so won't be renewing, which is a shame as I like my seats just now but will just have to see what I can get buying tickets at the club shop. 

• Like 3

£24 to watch us play the Pars at Dens or £20 to watch us play them in Dunfermline. Wont be the only game that will be cheaper to watch us play away and possibly with a better chance of winning (based on last 2 seasons), and with a better atmosphere. Are they selling away season tickets 😉 ?

• Star Post 2

This doesn't bother me as I was always picking and choosing games anyway and I'd reckoned it'd be £23. It is getting mighty expensive and where groups of boys used to go in I can see their numbers dwindling and in turn, damaging the (already poor) atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

By announcing the season ticket prices so early they essentially backed themselves into a corner regarding PATG prices, so this comes as little surprise. 

I've missed about 8 games this season with my ST so won't be renewing, which is a shame as I like my seats just now but will just have to see what I can get buying tickets at the club shop. 

Very much this. They took a big gamble putting the squeeze on us as early as they did. If they had even told us in January that the tickets were going on sale mid March it would have given us time to find the funds and have our moan and get it out our systems. As you say, it tied their hands with PATG prices too. I hope this isn't a huge own goal by the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Adult Admission price is £15

Chuck in a lunch time chippy buffet at the bell rock before the game and it's still cheaper than watching Dundee v Arbroath at Dens.

3 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Chuck in a lunch time chippy buffet at the bell rock before the game and it's still cheaper than watching Dundee v Arbroath at Dens.

I messed up, was last season's pricing.

• Funny 1

Time to introduce 5 matches for £100 mini books which exclude DABs games. Decent way to reverse out of the culdesac they are in.

It could make you question the season ticket value but I think most purchasers don’t buy it based on the equivalent per game price- I miss 4/5 per season like many- it just my way of supporting the club whilst others buy hospo, sponsor, merchandise etc. 

Im all for getting more cash in the coffers and enticing fans back and the above offer may help. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Time to introduce 5 matches for £100 mini books which exclude DABs games. Decent way to reverse out of the culdesac they are in.

It could make you question the season ticket value but I think most purchasers don’t buy it based on the equivalent per game price- I miss 4/5 per season like many- it just my way of supporting the club whilst others buy hospo, sponsor, merchandise etc. 

Im all for getting more cash in the coffers and enticing fans back and the above offer may help. 

I'm sure the reason given why these 'mini books can't work is its uncontrolled who gets in so there is the potential for either too many getting in or people getting turned away. I agree its unlikely but from the clubs perspective I can see why it could put them in another situation where they draw heat or break H&S rules.

It would be good if they could somehow 'magic' themselves clear of this but even a retrospective decrease or refund would maybe seem as a failure of some kind to themselves. Its all seems a bit of a mess.

Next season might be the last with a 10-team Championship as the SPFL are considering expanding to 12 teams:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-considers-expanding-scottish-championship-to-12-team-league-1-4921969

If we decide to have another horror season there would be no relegation.

23 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm sure the reason given why these 'mini books can't work is its uncontrolled who gets in so there is the potential for either too many getting in or people getting turned away. I agree its unlikely but from the clubs perspective I can see why it could put them in another situation where they draw heat or break H&S rules.

It would be good if they could somehow 'magic' themselves clear of this but even a retrospective decrease or refund would maybe seem as a failure of some kind to themselves. Its all seems a bit of a mess.

I think these mini-books are vouchers, which you take to the ticket shop to exchange for a match ticket.

(before someone jumps on your 'H&S rules' comment)

Neil's got it under control 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think these mini-books are vouchers, which you take to the ticket shop to exchange for a match ticket.

(before someone jumps on your 'H&S rules' comment)

Neil's got it under control 👍

and queue twice..... I'm out. :lol2:

Just putting it out there (or some half arsed version of it) the reason/justification that's been suggested in the past why these things were a no go. I don't have a personal issue with it. It seems like a good idea to me too.

• Funny 3

Be interesting to see Arbroath's pricing

Will they make Dundee and United games more expensive to make a few extra quid.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

and queue twice..... I'm out. :lol2:

Just putting it out there (or some half arsed version of it) the reason/justification that's been suggested in the past why these things were a no go. I don't have a personal issue with it. It seems like a good idea to me too.

Go early....no queues...get your ticket, and you can squeeze in an hour of 'hillwalking training' playing king cole up & down the hill at the back of the SE, or you can do the stairway to heaven umpteen times (but don't trip over the hoses).  ;)   

• Funny 2

21 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Go early....no queues...get your ticket, and you can squeeze in an hour of 'hillwalking training' playing king cole up & down the hill at the back of the SE, or you can do the stairway to heaven umpteen times (but don't trip over the hoses).  ;)   

Or enter the Coxy concourse and enjoy an al fresco, with cover, pastry delight, now in house, with a hot drink from one of the baristas and relax with local banter amongst fellow fans. Am I over egging this ?

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Or enter the Coxy concourse and enjoy an al fresco, with cover, pastry delight, now in house, with a hot drink from one of the baristas and relax with local banter amongst fellow fans. Am I over egging this ?

Scottish 'street food' then ????? :lol2:

16 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Scottish 'street food' then ????? :lol2:

They're doing kebabs?

• Funny 1