Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Double Blue

Betfred Cup Draw

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Not great. Given that 1) we rarely beat ICT 2) both Peterhead and Raith have knocked us out of cups in recent years and 3) we might need as many as 10 points to qualify, I'm not overly optimistic about escaping our group.

Hopefully one of our away games is against Cove to boost our chances as we don't need to two awkward away games at that time of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I right in saying top seed plays second at home so that would be Icy Tea at Dens?  Would love Cove away and get the new ground ticked off, having been to their old park!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kemback1997 said:

Am I right in saying top seed plays second at home so that would be Icy Tea at Dens?  Would love Cove away and get the new ground ticked off, having been to their old park!!!

I think we're also due Peterhead at Dens, think we've been there 2-3 times now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think we're also due Peterhead at Dens, think we've been there 2-3 times now?

It’s not about being “due” a team anywhere.

The fixtures against the unseeded teams are based on the order they were drawn. As top seeds, we play the second-drawn unseeded team at home...which in this case happens to be Peterhead, but if they’d come out in the first or third cycle we’d be playing them away again.

That means we have ICT and Peterhead at home, and Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markthedee said:

It’s not about being “due” a team anywhere.

The fixtures against the unseeded teams are based on the order they were drawn. As top seeds, we play the second-drawn unseeded team at home...which in this case happens to be Peterhead, but if they’d come out in the first or third cycle we’d be playing them away again.

That means we have ICT and Peterhead at home, and Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers away.

Shall we all stand to attention & salute, headmaster?  :spock:  

"Due", as in it's about time we didn't have to travel up there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Shall we all stand to attention & salute, headmaster?  :spock:  

Eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.