The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

McPake

Rate this topic

James McPake taking over  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with James McPake being handed the manager's job?

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

hey were right that Goodwin was being offered the job and in advanced talks but he surprising said no.

Who told you that he had been offered the job like? Oh yeah, the media 🙄

• Like 1

While we're on the topic of McPake, does anybody know if Josh McPake at Rangers has any relation? He's a young guy who has just got on the fringes of the first team and looks a talented winger.

Maybe a shout for a loan if there is 

Official now - noticed it says management team and not manager and assistant. Could this mean its both like Ross Co gaffers?

Nothing about Strachan.

Management team, slightly odd announcement.

All the best James. We are all behind you big man 💪🏻

• Like 7

1 minute ago, dblair said:

All the best James. We are all behind you big man 💪🏻

Absolutely.

Best wishes to both James and Jimmy.

Has he not signed anyone yet? Ffs,  Nelms is clearly out his depth. 

All the best for season 19/20 and to James McPake 💪🏻

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Official now - noticed it says management team and not manager and assistant. Could this mean its both like Ross Co gaffers?

Aye thought that myself, but in the Nelms interview on the fishul he did state Jimmy Nicholl is his "number 2". Also, interestingly he talked about "senior guys" who McPake will have but he didn't really elaborate further saying McPake will say who they are if he wants to so I'd imagine we will hear from the big man shortly.💪

Strachan will probably be announced later I'd guess to not take the spotlight from McPake just now.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Aye thought that myself, but in the Nelms interview on the fishul he did state Jimmy Nicholl is his "number 2". Also, interestingly he talked about "senior guys" who McPake will have but he didn't really elaborate further saying McPake will say who they are if he wants to so I'd imagine we will hear from the big man shortly.💪

Strachan will probably be announced later I'd guess to not take the spotlight from McPake just now.

Magic mate - didn't manage to watch the video as in work and couldn't put the volume up haha. 

Sounds good to me - now Strachan and some signings 💪

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Maybe overthinking but I get a wee feeling that we might be hiring Hartley out again with the talk of the support network etc. It'd make a lot of sense that he'd be someone McPake would use.

• Like 1

Really hope he does well, dont want to see the same thing happen to him as did McCann. 

4 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Magic mate - didn't manage to watch the video as in work and couldn't put the volume up haha. 

Sounds good to me - now Strachan and some signings 💪

Sh**e supporter.😂

• Funny 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Maybe overthinking but I get a wee feeling that we might be hiring Hartley out again with the talk of the support network etc. It'd make a lot of sense that he'd be someone McPake would use.

We will see Hartley shortly, he was coaching at Cove Rangers towards the end of the season. 

player recruitment will be very important.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DFC123 said:

Really hope he does well, dont want to see the same thing happen to him as did McCann. 

It looks like the club are putting in a number of motions to prevent the debacle of last season, the youthful exuberance of McPake, the auld heed in Nicholl and the contacts associated with Strachan, this has lots of potential, however we will all have to be patient all the way up to board level. It is a better foundation than we have had for a long time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

didn't manage to watch the video as in work and couldn't put the volume up haha

Boooooo! Head phones my man. Or if you have a door close it, doesn't look suspicious at all trust me👀:blink:

5 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

It looks like the club are putting in a number of motions to prevent the debacle of last season, the youthful exuberance of McPake, the auld heed in Nicholl and the contacts associated with Strachan, this has lots of potential, however we will all have to be patient all the way up to board level. It is a better foundation than we have had for a long time. 

I agree, the signings he makes will be interesting but I think Cammy Kerr will be the first one he wants signed up. 

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

C'mon Jazza & Jimmy Nic!!!. Let's get some Feckin positivity for this pair, forget the past and move forward. Jimmy and the support network can make the big calls behind the scenes and Jazza can pick up experience along the way and be the motivational face on the front line. Goodwin, Robertson, Robbie Feckin Neilson can Feck off, McPake's the man now and gets my full support. Thoughts of season tickets are flooding my brain. Best of luck to all the new appointments. DDYB.💪⚽👏

As a show of intent, Nelms should sanction us to spend £1 million on that Safranko sh**e and have McPake and Nicholl butcher him to death in the centre circle during the beer festival. It'd be bold but an action like that would sell season tickets IMO.

• Funny 7

Congratulations James McPake and welcome to Dundee FC Jimmy Nicholl

#jimjam

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

As a show of intent, Nelms should sanction us to spend £1 million on that Safranko sh**e and have McPake and Nicholl butcher him to death in the centre circle during the beer festival. It'd be bold but an action like that would sell season tickets IMO.

BBQ him, feed the troops, recoup some of £1 million. Twa birds, one stone.

• Funny 1

Having had a night to sleep on it and seeing the official appointment confirmed with McPake and Nicholl at the helm, I’m now feeling more confident about this.

That experienced head next to JM’P is vital and hopefully with Strachan coming in upstairs will even further add to that, meaning McPake will have sh*t tonnes of fitba knowledge and wisdom to lean on when he’s struggling a bit etc.. 

It is still risky but tbh anyone we chose, even Goodwin would have come with a massive risk because this league is unforgiving and even experienced guys like Houston have struggled to navigate it at times.. Nicholl and strachan take the risk down a notch too..

Good luck James, loved your passion and commitment to the dark blue a total warrior at the back, that last minute goal against the dabs at the dump to effectively trigger their demise is in my all time favourite moments of all time, knee shattering celebrations and yer 💪 will haunt them again next year 🤪😂

DDYB 💙

• Like 7

Encouraging appointment for the younger players. Should be plenty of games where Josh, Finn, Lyal, George etc. can get some minutes in over the course of the season. Other than the final game of the season our youth haven’t been given a chance to prove themselves for quite a few seasons now. Pretty sure James will change that. 

• Like 1