The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

McPake

Rate this topic

James McPake taking over  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with James McPake being handed the manager's job?

Much, much more excited now than I was with the prospect of Goodwin. 

• Like 5

Very pleased with these appointments. congratulations to everyone involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Good luck and congratulations Jazza, and welcome to Dens Jimmy! Am really excited about this and know that at least now we will have some heart back in our great club, let’s get back where we should be and get everybody pulling the same way for the same cause! When does the season start? Ah cannae wait now, away to get in the queue for a couple of season tics.💪💙🇫🇷

Hello Abernethy ... Just thought I'd congratulate you for managing to put so much enthusiasm in what is a relatively short post .

Hope you've had "the okay" fae that fine wee DFC lass o' your's. Eh take meh cue & direction fae her. Although together, ye seem

to be a "Braw Team" :wub:

(I decided to hae a break fae the forum aboot an 'oor ago & noo the managerial team is looking bigger than the playing squad):chaplin:

• Like 2

Buzzing for McPake. Really likeable guy who clearly cares about the Club. Feeling positive about this season now. 

• Like 4

Well that's the 'I Love Jaz' curtains and bedspread ordered.........at least I think that's what it says.😂💦

• Funny 9

Good interview. I know he means it.  I wouldn't have chosen him first although would have liked to see him getting prepared to take over at the club at some point. Here now and will get my backing.  I voted no but I am absolutely delighted for him.

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

It could be said it's not all about talking the talk & the words have got to be turned to winning performance, results & points.

But at this very early stage, I feel I've listened to a thoughtful, honest knowledgeable man, that has grown in confidence & stature in a matter of weeks, since his first conversation on camera, as caretaker man. John Nelms, a few days ago was reported as saying, he was impressed with Jim Goodwin. I really cannae believe, he came over any better than this. He has proved already he has the heart & courage of a lion. And his love & respect for DFC (players & fans) shone all the way through this interview. I wish him well.

Big Welcome Again James (& Jimmy)...In now your new permanent roles :wub:

Let's all get behind him. The club, the players & all supporting staff.DFC:chaplin:

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Next thing we need to get sorted is someone to conduct interviews, I always find myself cringing at some of the daft questions.

Totally agree mate. I think that video was from the tully so not sure who the interviewer was

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Next thing we need to get sorted is someone to conduct interviews, I always find myself cringing at some of the daft questions.

“Are you willing to share with us who your signing targets are?”

🙄

• Funny 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

“Are you willing to share with us who your signing targets are?”

🙄

I know, that was a bit naive. Where do you want to be at the end of the season and have BOD set you any targets were also a bit daft.

I thought that interview should've been something positive to promote the new appointment. Instead we got a laddie just out of nappies asking awkward questions and putting McPake on the spot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I take your point Rev ..

But that of course is a reflection of the interviewer & no' the person who has to try to respond to them on a knowledgeable, serious (or humorous) level.

Some questions by the paid professionals, are so obvious & daft, I am surprised the interviewee can even keep a straight face, let alone answer them :wacko:

James gets top marks fae me today, for the way he presented & answered :happyyes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dblair said:

Totally agree mate. I think that video was from the tully so not sure who the interviewer was

"Tele's Steven Rae" it says at bottom of page dblair

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Speaking today at his press conference new Dundee manager James McPake confirms Gordon Strachan involvement and also confirms Andy O'Boyle joining the backroom staff.

O'Boyle who is currently Head of Elite Performance for the English Premier League was also a coach at Coventry City, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Very important ^^^^ and not part of the McPake video I've seen.

Securing Nicholl and O'Boyle is very significant. Presume that's Ross Hughes surplus to requirements?.

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Well that's the 'I Love Jaz' curtains and bedspread ordered.........at least I think that's what it says.😂💦

I wonder if he was considered when we signed MacIntyre. Might have been a different story now.

5 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Much, much more excited now than I was with the prospect of Goodwin. 

Feeling more positive than when I asked who you wanted, it would’ve too been  mean to quote you 😂..... good to have a happy WW 👍

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The club can only provide the boy to answer the questions, its up to the media to get someone in to ask some serious questions. If they want to screw up the chances to ask some proper questions, that's on them.

Here you go everyone. 💪🏻

• Love 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

The club can only provide the boy to answer the questions, its up to the media to get someone in to ask some serious questions. If they want to screw up the chances to ask some proper questions, that's on them.

Having said that the questions being put on DEETV  historically were truely embarrassing.

What was far worse though was McCann's responses when he had lost the plot.

Edited by Dondeh

6 minutes ago, dblair said:

Here you go everyone. 💪🏻

See #143

• Confused 1