Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

McPake

Rate this topic

James McPake taking over  

126 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you happy with James McPake being handed the manager's job?



Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

See #143

Saw it, what’s your point caller? 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dblair said:

Saw it, what’s your point caller? 😕

Caller relates to the McPake vid

Caller relates to no mention of Strachan, 

Caller wants to see McPake talking about the  incredible appointment of Nicholl, Strachan and O'Boyle. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Caller relates to the McPake vid

Caller relates to no mention of Strachan, 

Caller wants to see McPake talking about the  incredible appointment of Nicholl, Strachan and O'Boyle. 

 

So I post a video interview of him so everyone on here can see it without having to go searching, and your response was to ask me to look at your post #143 which questioned when he mentioned Strachan. Right 🙄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Caller relates to the McPake vid

Caller relates to no mention of Strachan, 

Caller wants to see McPake talking about the  incredible appointment of Nicholl, Strachan and O'Boyle. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/wavefmnews/status/1134445885969055744

there you go. Doesn’t confirm Strachan appointment but @GregTeamDee only mention his “involvement” but confirms O’Boyle and the fact that he says been getting advice from Strachan. Now bore off

As an aside, you dont go under the guise of Noahrab elsewhere do you? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by Dondeh
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dblair said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wavefmnews/status/1134445885969055744

there you go. Doesn’t confirm Strachan appointment but @GregTeamDee only mention his “involvement” but confirms O’Boyle and the fact that he says been getting advice from Strachan. Now bore off

As an aside, you dont go under the guise of Noahrab elsewhere do you? 

WTF? Are you for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dblair said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wavefmnews/status/1134445885969055744

there you go. Doesn’t confirm Strachan appointment but @GregTeamDee only mention his “involvement” but confirms O’Boyle and the fact that he says been getting advice from Strachan. Now bore off

I'm getting a bit of a buzz watching all the vids, was getting a bit glassy eyed at one when he was describing Cammy Kerr's passion for the club and I'm not the 'glassy eyed type'. I just hope the energy that seems to be getting generated turns into something on the park. I've even been swithering about getting our ST's, think I'll stay strong for this season but can see me eating into my 20/21 ST stash to watch this seasons game PATG.

  • Love 1
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dblair said:

As an aside, you dont go under the guise of Noahrab elsewhere do you? 

Please no, don't let it be true!!!!!!!!.😭

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm getting a bit of a buzz watching all the vids

It's like porn for Dee fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

was getting a bit glassy eyed at one when he was describing Cammy Kerr's passion for the club 

Same here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's like porn for Dee fans.

:lol:

Yup, now where's that picture of Isla Fisher in a Dundee top.....

 

  • Love 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

WTF? Are you for real.

About you being Noahrab, no not entirely!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

:lol:

Yup, now where's that picture of Isla Fisher in a Dundee top.....

 

I've got one, her home Dee top has turned into the away top for some reason though.😂

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm getting a bit of a buzz watching all the vids, was getting a bit glassy eyed at one when he was describing Cammy Kerr's passion for the club and I'm not the 'glassy eyed type'. I just hope the energy that seems to be getting generated turns into something on the park. I've even been swithering about getting our ST's, think I'll stay strong for this season but can see me eating into my 20/21 ST stash to watch this seasons game PATG.

His passion for the club is infectious. Think Cammy will be high on the list for club captain if/when he signs a new deal

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A classy centre half whose career was cut short by injury that goes on to be Dundee manager...........anyone else thinking Jim Duffy.........2 cup finals please Jazza :D .........let's hope to f*ck it's not 2 relegations 🙈

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harold Finch said:

A classy centre half whose career was cut short by injury that goes on to be Dundee manager...........anyone else thinking Jim Duffy.........2 cup finals please Jazza :D.........let's hope to f*ck it's not 2 relegations 🙈

Good point Harry. But.....

My abiding memory of getting Duffy was beating Hibs to his signing. At the time this was huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dblair said:

His passion for the club is infectious. Think Cammy will be high on the list for club captain if/when he signs a new deal

Not sure that would be best for the young fellah, while he's a couple years older, if there's the likes of Kenny Miller in the team it would be a big call. If Cammy stays long term (and I think its good for clubs to have a few fans in their playing staff) he'll have plenty time to make the captaincy his automatically. I'd rather have him as a player unfettered by it for now but I don't know the personalities so maybe talking bollocks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chomp my root said:

Not sure that would be best for the young fellah, while he's a couple years older, if there's the likes of Kenny Miller in the team it would be a big call. If Cammy stays long term (and I think its good for clubs to have a few fans in their playing staff) he'll have plenty time to make the captaincy his automatically. I'd rather have him as a player unfettered by it for now but I don't know the personalities so maybe talking bollocks.

Yeah I see where your coming from there bud. And it was noticed by many his dip in performance levels when he was given the role before. I just think that the way McPake talks about him speaks volumes about his trust and value of him at the club. Time will tell. Wether he is or isn’t I agree with The sentiment that he is vital to the identity of our club/team going forward 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the pub with my mates and we were all speaking about this appointment and how exciting it is. Got another three of them signing up for season tickets :) Roll on next season! 

  • Love 1
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dblair said:

Yeah I see where your coming from there bud. And it was noticed by many his dip in performance levels when he was given the role before. I just think that the way McPake talks about him speaks volumes about his trust and value of him at the club. Time will tell. Wether he is or isn’t I agree with The sentiment that he is vital to the identity of our club/team going forward 

I've hoped for a long time that Cammy would be the new Barry Smith, only on roids, as he's grown up a Dee. Barry was lucky enough to be at the club when we were paying some daft money to players and I hope Cammy is equally rewarded for his loyalty. Its not like Cammy is a passenger, the guy doesn't disgrace himself and if he can impart his love of the club to teammates then he more than earns his corn for me. Interesting that GS says passion for the club is a massive attribute, I wholeheartedly agree, passion can make up for a lot of shortfalls, not just in football  but in any activity. While I doubt we'll ever see another Deefiant season, it was passion that drove that.

  • Love 1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a start for the new boss. Positivity all round (nearly). Some great, well thought out backroom appointments and contacts. No bulls**t in the interviews, just heart on sleeve determination. You can feel the bond and the determined enthusiasm he's going to bring to this. If I was a player I'd be keen to be involved with his vision and the coaching team..

I'm tempering early expectations because I'm hoping we're looking at something for the longer term here. A steady start and let's watch it build from there.

A good day to be a Dee. And it's been a while since I've said that! 💪

  • Love 1
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dblair said:

Yeah I see where your coming from there bud. And it was noticed by many his dip in performance levels when he was given the role before. I just think that the way McPake talks about him speaks volumes about his trust and value of him at the club. Time will tell. Wether he is or isn’t I agree with The sentiment that he is vital to the identity of our club/team going forward 

I think that Cammy was definitely given the armband too early in his career. When things were going badly he was scapegoated (is that even a word?) and publicly stripped of the honour. When various managers were in a need of a result, often at tough away venues, Cammy was rolled out and then hung out to dry. I think that McPake will put his faith in Kerr, both privately and publicity, and Kerr will respond with a passion and respect for his manager, his on and off field duties and the club.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's like porn for Dee fans.

Easy now Rev ...

Us young ains maybe widnae go quite as far as that :excited:

(Admin John introduced me to a Whole New World) :jawdrop:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Fantastic pictures by David Young on the link

 

https://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/index/G00002An3sTB8osc/I0000lL36xYtARVA

Yes indeed.

Hasn't John Nelms aged since he's been here...... 😉 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.