The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Abernethy Dee

John Nelms/Fps

Rate this topic

Good Day Abernethy...You are right on the mark with all your comments in your post above.

No one is daft enough, to predict with absolute certainty, the success of Dundee FCs future.

But if ever I felt after a much more profesional approach from all concerned at the Club that

the much needed Parts are now in place ... It is now. And like yourself (imo) that deserves a

Big Thanks to all concerned in this process ... Especially to John Nelms, who recently has

been the Butt of much criticism (not least by me) The appointment of James Mc Pake & his

trusted friend Jimmy (plus others) I think it is safe to sa,y has brought all (or nearly all of us)

A New Sense of Hope .. If we can just hing in & show a wee bit understanding and patience.

It does look that in James Mc, we've not only found a winner on the field, but Winner in front

of Camera. I think up to date he's not only got everything right, but unconsciously, he's shown

he has the charm, knowledge, strength of personality, to get the fans/supporters on his side :happyyes:

Tim & John (of the FPS ilk) have more than played their part not only in the backing us again,

but the hard demanding work in the Back/Front Scene. DFC Success on the field is the priority.

But its an unarguable fact, if you get the fans (& players of course) on board, the job is easier.

Thanks to everyone. I'd ask again, those representing DFC at every level, never, ever forget the

importance of communication...DFC Supporters will walk through fire for the club we love :wub:

• Like 3

well said! this is exactly what the club needs, rebooted! start again. We have all got to give this man a fair chance and patience is going to be key. He has surrounded himself with experience and he is clearly well respected in the game so this can only be a great thing for us. Time to be optimistic and get back to enjoying watching a team who will fight for everything. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Abernethy Dee said:

I am going to stick my neck out and also put on my tin hat with this, but John Nelms has come in for a lot of stick recently, and I feel IMO that most of this has been down to a lack of connection and communication with the fans, but hey can you fault the way he and FPS have handled the Manager change, I am really happy that he has done the full process very, very well, and (also in my opinion) he has done exactly the right thing in giving the gig to an inspirational man like Jazza, who knows the club and the fans so well, and Jimmy, a man with integrity and a brilliant pedigree in the game, along with the other experience available on tap from GS and AB, he has also kept the fans informed of the due process and what stage we are at!

So thank you to John and Tim for continued support and hopefully this new era of communication will continue and the trust between fans and board can continue to grow and the “new culture” at the club can be eastablished with everybody pulling the same way, at the end of the day we each and every one of us, whether we are mere fans or board members or management team or staff working behind the scenes all want the same thing a successful team on the park that make us all proud to be Dees! 

Good luck to all at Dens and fellow fans, let’s make it happen it’s going to be tough this season, but let’s all stay with the long term plan, with no knee jerk reactions patience is key, and it may take a little longer than some hope for, but I honestly feel that we are well set up now and given time we will get where we aspire and deserve to be, CMON DUNDEE!

Great great post. All our stars are linked- can’t wait to get new season underway !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Great great post. All our stars are linked- can’t wait to get new season underway !

Thanks DBK, me neither mate.👍

2 hours ago, dee1893 said:

well said! this is exactly what the club needs, rebooted! start again. We have all got to give this man a fair chance and patience is going to be key. He has surrounded himself with experience and he is clearly well respected in the game so this can only be a great thing for us. Time to be optimistic and get back to enjoying watching a team who will fight for everything. 

It looks very much, like at last, on the Managerial and Coaching side, we have a Top, Organised Team in place:chaplin:

There first real test for them will be getting together a Team of Players of the same standard & motivation on the park.

Patience from the fans may well be the key. Both at the start & throughout the season. It is possible we will get of the

blocks flying. But is is just as likely, next season we will still be iN a "building mode" As it stand at the moment I feel I'm

prepared to be patient, but not always quite so easy when the season proper starts. But I will keep reminding myself of 

season we have left behind us. And even if coming season, does not live up to expectaions, I'll know we are on our way.

It will be instilled in all DFC players (old & new) what it means to play for DFC. I'm expecting Pride & Passion... DFC :wub:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Abernethy Dee said:

I am going to stick my neck out and also put on my tin hat with this, but John Nelms has come in for a lot of stick recently, and I feel IMO that most of this has been down to a lack of connection and communication with the fans, but hey can you fault the way he and FPS have handled the Manager change, I am really happy that he has done the full process very, very well, and (also in my opinion) he has done exactly the right thing in giving the gig to an inspirational man like Jazza, who knows the club and the fans so well, and Jimmy, a man with integrity and a brilliant pedigree in the game, along with the other experience available on tap from GS and AB, he has also kept the fans informed of the due process and what stage we are at!

So thank you to John and Tim for continued support and hopefully this new era of communication will continue and the trust between fans and board can continue to grow and the “new culture” at the club can be eastablished with everybody pulling the same way, at the end of the day we each and every one of us, whether we are mere fans or board members or management team or staff working behind the scenes all want the same thing a successful team on the park that make us all proud to be Dees! 

Good luck to all at Dens and fellow fans, let’s make it happen it’s going to be tough this season, but let’s all stay with the long term plan, with no knee jerk reactions patience is key, and it may take a little longer than some hope for, but I honestly feel that we are well set up now and given time we will get where we aspire and deserve to be, CMON DUNDEE!

Great post mate!. I've been critical of John Nelms and just maybe some of that criticism has been unfair. The fact that we've been starved of information for much of his time here has led to lots of speculation and that's probably fuelled a lot of the stuff that's been posted on here. It looks like Nelms has taken on board our need to be kept in the loop to some extent and his new open approach has been very welcome. I think a lot of us just needed a scapegoat after a very tough season and Nelms, with his rather guarded approach, was maybe an easy target. Hopefully we're starting afresh with clean slates and open minds. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Great post mate!. I've been critical of John Nelms and just maybe some of that criticism has been unfair. The fact that we've been starved of information for much of his time here has led to lots of speculation and that's probably fuelled a lot of the stuff that's been posted on here. It looks like Nelms has taken on board our need to be kept in the loop to some extent and his new open approach has been very welcome. I think a lot of us just needed a scapegoat after a very tough season and Nelms, with his rather guarded approach, was maybe an easy target. Hopefully we're starting afresh with clean slates and open minds. 

That sums up my own feelings perfectly. As fans, it’s important that we show patience and support for the players. That alone can mean so much. It’s now time to look upwards.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Hopefully we're starting afresh with clean slates and open minds.

I'd like to think that you are right on the mark there Rev ...

Communication & respect (bearing in mind no one likes to be taken for granted) will always be the key for me.

Even in the perfect ideal domestic/work relationship, it does no harm to remind ourselves, we need each other.

And then (even occasionally) do or say something, to show this. That said, eh'm still no getting pocket money :tears:

As fans we are no wanna be slavered over. And maybe at times we've been over cricical. But it's shown to both

sides over the past few weeks what can be gained by taking time to show a little love & respect...DUNDEE FC :wub:

• Like 2