The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Fixtures Out On 21st.

Rate this topic

I always like to start with an away day as we usually take a large support. Where would people like to start? 

Tannadice?

My preference would be Arbroath away.

Morton or Arbroath away 

Arbroath away on the new BBC Scotland channel is my prediction  nailed on for either us or the DABS  to go down there  first game of the season  with Arbroath getting the league flag etc.

A supposedly winnable away day did not serve us well last year and set the tone for a disastrous season. I know our home record has been poor but I wouldn't mind a home game against a team that would bring a decent support to us for a change, say Dunfermline, and a hoped for win to set us up for the season. Next away to the Dabs and two wins would certainly improve the expectations around the new seasons prospects.

Arab Bas t**ds at the dump. Get our first points 

on the board. 

Something like Alloa or Morton away for me.

I'm missing the opening day so would rather it wasn't a derby or one of the enjoyable trips. 

I'm not sure they will put a derby first. I can see them wanting one near the end of the season as a potential title decider which would mean the first derby nearer the end of the first round of fixtures. 

I need a good home game on Feb 29, 50 years and a day since my first game at Dens, a 3-0 win over Killie. Ayr (closest to Killie) or Morton (blue and white hoops as opposed to stripes) would do. Pity we got relegated...nae chance of Killie again.

the dabs for me away guaranteed 3 pts!!!

I'd like United as late as possible. Even if pre-season goes really well, it's going to be a mostly new team and they'll need a bit of time to settle. Not ideal to have your hardest match first in those circumstances.

Arbroath or Alloa would maybe be decent but famous last words....

• Like 1

For purely selfish reasons, away to Dunfs would suit me. Its a good ground and not far for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

For purely selfish reasons, away to Dunfs would suit me. Its a good ground and not far for me.

Pish, you're only after the steak birdies, dinnae lie! 😛

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Pish, you're only after the steak birdies, dinnae lie! 😛

I've been known to dabble.... :rolleyes:

As long as its not united the last. weekend is August then whatever suits me.

I'll be greedy and say Thistle away for the first game. 

Edited by TheWhiteCafu

Difficult one to decide, look to play 1 of the smaller teams and it doesn't go well, confidence is knocked. Play United and lose, already on back foot and playing catch up. However a win could have us soaring. Last place I'd want us going on first day of season is Palmerston. Think I'd settle for Morton at Dens.......

Have a feeling it’ll be a home game against Ayr.. no reason whatsoever for that prediction but a chance to make up for the awful 3-0 pumping they gave us in the cup last season.. 🤪