The Dark Blues
harry94

Cammy Kerr - Signs New Contract

Rate this topic

Lazy signing....

😜

• Confused 1
  • Funny 2

Great news. Cammy is still learning and he says that on the video on the official site.

Big, big season ahead for him. 

Chuffed with this. No great surprise he signed when a deal was put in front of him.

He has his critics, myself included (sure I said Horseshit, I mean Horsefield was a better player rather prematurely🤮). He has not had a great time of it the past couple of years, successive managers have handled him horribly via wrong positions, no support or cover, dropping him out the picture all together. Under McPake we will likely see the very best Cammy Kerr, with the support of the manager and the confidence that brings I have no doubt we will see a massive improvement in his performances.

His crossing needs to improve along with composure on the ball but as a defender he is still pretty good, very rarely beaten 1 on 1 and is a good tackler. His work rate and pace are a given. He's far from the best but he is no where near as bad as some folk like to make out.

That said, it is a massive season for him. If he fails to do well in the Championship under a manager who believes in him then I think that will be it for him at Dundee. However, I am positive he will be a success this season and a look forward to him marauding down the right hand side and smashing DABs into the Derry for the Dark Blue hordes to rip limb from limb!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Big, big season ahead for him. 

Big, big season ahead for everybody.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Exactly. Huge season for around 18 players. If most don't perform we're in trouble. 

41 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You took the words right out my mouth there Rev ... That was my immediate reaction on reading that part of Pepe' Post.

Could be real exciting season ahead & all players will be well versed into what's expected of them when New Season starts:chaplin:

We may not need a team of Cammy Kerr's but we definitely need one.

Great news for the club as he is an asset on the pitch and in the dressing room - he will ensure everyone in the squad knows exactly what it means to wear Dark Blue with pride, if McPake has left anyone in any doubt.

• Like 1

A core of players who have a connection with club is very important.

Otherwise you end up with players turning over every 2/3 years with no connection to the club or with the fans.

Helps if the core of players are worth their place but they contribute more to the club than their performances on the pitch.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

A core of players who have a connection with club is very important.

Otherwise you end up with players turning over every 2/3 years with no connection to the club or with the fans.

Helps if the core of players are worth their place but they contribute more to the club than their performances on the pitch.

You are correct Bobby but we have been turning players round twice a year for the last three years.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

If he was a brand new signing who we had no prior association with, I'd be very optimistic about signing a 23 year old right back who has played around 100 games at top flight level. In the wee glimpse we had of McPake's management, he seemed to have Cammy utilised in his perfect role and back to the sort of style of player he was under Hartley so hopefully that bodes well for this season.

Good start, probably another 10 to go!

JN should be the ideal guy to help Cammy get his  form back and fulfil his potential.

• Like 1

Glad to see Cammy signing up, and talking positively about how much he's looking forward to working with Jimmy Nicholl, and improving his game. I think the management team will also use Cammy well, to ensure no new arrivals are in any doubt what Nelms & McPake mean when they talk about the 'Dundee identity'.

I agree with WW's comment, this is a crucial year in Cammy's career....a great chance to show he can take a wee 'step back' to the form of his POTY season, work & learn on anything Nicholl can help him develop, and make himself 'undroppable'.

I don't think any of us have any doubt he'll be giving that 100%, every day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

JN should be the ideal guy to help Cammy get his  form back and fulfil his potential.

For a few seconds, I was wondering how Nelms is going to influence Cammy's form.... :slaphead: 

With a JN as CEO & assistant manager, and one JM replacing the previous JM, we maybe need a couple of new abbreviations. Another excuse for a poll? :o 

Jim1/Jim2 ???

• Funny 1

Glad to see our Cammy sign for another 2 years but now has to practice his crossing and defending the back post.

I'm delighted he's re-signed. I don't see many right backs better than him in the championship. 

• Like 2

Great to see Cammy re-sign, I can see under McPake and Nicholl him flourishing. 

• Like 1

Chuffed with this signing, we know what we get with Cammy and as he's maturing he'll be more of a 'face' in the squad.

• Like 1

Echo all of the above. I feel it was important going forward to retain Cammy as not only part of the team but part of the club

• Like 2

Fantastic news

• Love 1

Great start for the new boss! Just what we needed.

Delighted with this. I’m certain McPake will give Cammy his mojo back and if he does we easily will have the best right back in the league.

• Like 1