The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
WoodStein

Re Scott Bain's Fallout At Dens....

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Maybe just the impression you chose to buy into.

Bain owed us no great loyalty, he came here to further his career, same as the vast majority of players. That he wouldn't pander to some fuds in the stand seems to have made him a target, no surprise he didn't take some pleasure in moving on. He wasn't a badge kisser, he just did his job, aye, he maybe did take himself a bit too seriously but most young fellahs do, the one time I interacted with him he was a gent, getting his picture taken with the laddie who was with us and he was in a fast food outlet at the time so not 'at work'. 

Caulker was a known gamble, it didn't pay off and we move on, so which hard working 'journeymen' (I'm not fond of the expression, it seems misused but hey ho) have you got your eye on for us next season ????

And as for the "journeymen" comment,

It's not talent that makes the player, it's the application, the hardwork, the effort that goes along with it.

So yes, a team of hardworking,  good honest pros is what we do need this season, players who not necessarily kiss the badge but leave the pitch having given their all for each other and more importantly the manager.

Edited by Jocky Scott's tache
Missing word

Have removed the above chain of posts for obvious reasons.

The sooner the football gets back underway the better!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jocky Scott's tache said:

a team of hardworking,  good honest pros 

^^ John Hughes. 

2 hours ago, Jocky Scott's tache said:

And as for the "journeymen" comment,

It's not talent that makes the player, it's the application, the hardwork, the effort that goes along with it.

So yes, a team of hardworking,  good honest pros is what we do need this season, players who not necessarily kiss the badge but leave the pitch having given their all for each other and more importantly the manager.

Nice tidy up of your previous post(s). This comes across as coherent.

• Like 1

Can’t believe we are even still discussing/getting worked up about this/him. As cobra says the sooner we start playing again the better! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dblair said:

Can’t believe we are even still discussing/getting worked up about this/him. As cobra says the sooner we start playing again the better! 

Scott Who !!!!!

On 11/06/2019 at 19:20, Jocky Scott's tache said:

Bain is a 100% c*nt

When did ever see the other team get a penalty n think Bain might save this... f**cking never.

F**k Scott Bain... the cream may raise but not if its f**king sour. The boy thinks he's better than he is, can't wait to see another keeper in the sticks for Scotland before him

No problem with you giving your view on him but i think you're wrong....Bain is a far better keeper than anyone we have had in goal since he went. Not saying that he was faultless in what happened but put yourself in the same position if it happened to you in your workplace, would you cave in to your manager if you thought you were being hard done by...in my opinion the Dundee support turned on him and pushed him towards the door......one thing i do know is that we might not have been in this position today had we cut him some slack.

A workplace has many different characters in it but that shouldn't mean they can't work together.

Maybe Bain and McCann were too similar in character and clashed as a result.

The manager should really be able to man manage the situation for the benefit of the club.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

25 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

A workplace has many different characters in it but that shouldn't mean they can't work together.

The manager should really be able to man manage the situation for the benefit of the club.

Man management wasn't  McCann's strong point. The big losers were the club. No point on dwelling on it. Hopefully McPake will have learned something from it about handling players. He doesn't come over as being so arsey as McCann though. 

• Like 2

It's going to be a helluva tough ask for McPake to go from team mate, to youth coach to first team manager and expect a certain level of respect. The thing that goes for him is most of the squad will be his own. If Kenny Miller stays around, he could be pretty key to the managers authority in the dressing room. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

It's going to be a helluva tough ask for McPake to go from team mate, to youth coach to first team manager and expect a certain level of respect. The thing that goes for him is most of the squad will be his own. If Kenny Miller stays around, he could be pretty key to the managers authority in the dressing room. 

WW, IMO I reckon that's why Jimmy Nicholl is there, he will bridge that gap, hopefully allowing McPake to develop into the role.

• Like 5

no been on for a while so just catching up...….bain and McCann can away and f**k.....gets on my t*ts when you hear of players and managers falling out....bain wasn't playing for McCann..he was playing for Dundee...and McCann should have been using the best players available to him...bain wasn't his to treat like sh**e.

On 16/06/2019 at 10:15, Wattie Rojas said:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... as soon as you put people in the mix it can get a bit awkward and when most of those people are egotistical young men then its no surprise that it can get a bit volatile. I'm not taking sides, I've no idea what happened and I don't feel the need to jump on a bandwagon and pick a side, it is what it is.

I've made life difficult for bosses in the past if I thought they were riding roughshod over the troops, especially for their own ends, it probably doesn't matter what 'industry' you work in, people are people.

• Like 3

Celtic miss out on tens of millions in the Champions League thanks to Scott Bain. Who's laughing now?

Image result for neil mccann laughing

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Celtic miss out on tens of millions in the Champions League thanks to Scott Bain. Who's laughing now?

Image result for neil mccann laughing

What happened?

Bain is a pretty decent keeper.......... or he used to be lol

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

What happened?

Palmed a shot out wide and it got rifled in to make it 3-3. Cluj's 4th to win the game was sublime. 

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Palmed a shot out wide and it got rifled in to make it 3-3. Cluj's 4th to win the game was sublime. 

Just goes to show that a keeper is only as good as his defence when they are playing lesser opponents (Until you play better teams and then you're found out!)

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

Just goes to show that a keeper is only as good as his defence when they are playing lesser opponents (Until you play better teams and then you're found out!)

Celtic's defence is terrible, they were ripped open time and time again tonight only some poor final balls and a couple of really, really bad misses kept them in the game. They needed two Cluj defenders to tackle one another for Edouard to get on target. 

Employing Lennon again is a masterstroke. Roll on the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

What happened?

Arguably should have saved the penalty as it was quite central... https://streamja.com/oKzL

He definitely could have done better with Cluj's decisive third... https://streamja.com/gKNE

The fourth was a peach mind you... https://streamja.com/MdRM