The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Guy tweeting that there are distressing scenes at Starks Park, players in tears, anyone know whats going on?

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

45 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Guy tweeting that there are distressing scenes at Starks Park, players in tears, anyone know whats going on?

Who is saying this? Can't find anything.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Who is saying this? Can't find anything.

Nothing on Raith official, fans forums, P&B, BBC, STV, Sky etc. If something was going on I'm sure it would've been leaked by now.

2 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Guy on Twitter called Matthew Elder

Looks like his tweet has been deleted if I'm reading correctly?

• Like 1

It does appear the Kirkcaldy journalist has been advised to take it down.

• Like 1

How Yogi managed to get Raith relegated against THAT Brechin side over two games I'll never know.

Would be a real shame if they went under 25 years after our current assistant took the League Cup back to Stark's Park.

9 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Guy on Twitter called Matthew Elder

He knows his stuff, born and bred Kdy, lifelong supporter who has worked st the Fife free press for donkeys. Must be something up. ☹️

And just lost their two best players to rivals Dunfermline, would hate to see anything happen to Raith, just strikes a chord with us after what we have been through.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

How Yogi managed to get Raith relegated against THAT Brechin side over two games I'll never know.

Would be a real shame if they went under 25 years after our current assistant took the League Cup back to Stark's Park.

It was still a shock but you have to remember that Brechin had arguably the best defender and goalscorer at that level in Dougie Hill and Alan Trouten respectively. They left that summer due to travelling commitments and I think without them, they pretty much lost all chance of ever upsetting higher opposition players.

Still incredible though how badly it went for Yogi. He's had a few bad spells and run ins but there's never been a time in his career where his side have lost the plot as badly as that. Maybe there were some underlying issues and he was the worst person to sort that.

22 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It was still a shock but you have to remember that Brechin had arguably the best defender and goalscorer at that level in Dougie Hill and Alan Trouten respectively. They left that summer due to travelling commitments and I think without them, they pretty much lost all chance of ever upsetting higher opposition players.

Still incredible though how badly it went for Yogi. He's had a few bad spells and run ins but there's never been a time in his career where his side have lost the plot as badly as that. Maybe there were some underlying issues and he was the worst person to sort that.

Sounds familiar.

This has been a misunderstanding. Elder retweeted something from 2017, when they were relegated and had to make cuts, and it caused a bit of confusion.

Glad to hear it's old news... Although seeing people in tears on the streets of Kirkcaldy is quite a common sight 😉

Edited by Wackyjim
  • Funny 1