The Dark Blues
Cobra

New Kit Verdict

Rate this topic

New kit  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new kit?

Decent. Would have liked a white band on the sock turn-over. Traditional colours.

Dinna get folk what's no to like simple dark blue with a tiny bit of white trim, very well done to the club.

• Like 1

It's a nicely designed shirt and the badge work is fantastic. I just find the rainbow sponsor a little bit too eye-catching but I suppose I'll get used to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's a nicely designed shirt and the badge work is fantastic. I just find the rainbow sponsor a little bit too eye-catching but I suppose I'll get used to it.

That's pretty much me as well. 

21 minutes ago, Souppie1893 said:

Dinna get folk what's no to like simple dark blue with a tiny bit of white trim, very well done to the club.

It's not dark blue though

• Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

It's not dark blue though

It’s certainly lighter than the last few puma efforts which imo went almost too dark. There’s been quite a number of strips of that shade over the years however particularly late 80s if memory serves me right. It is a tad scotland like but I think it will grow on me

1 minute ago, dblair said:

It’s certainly lighter than the last few puma efforts which imo went almost too dark. There’s been quite a number of strips of that shade over the years however particularly late 80s if memory serves me right. It is a tad scotland like but I think it will grow on me

Good point. We've moved away from the classic dark blue before.

Tommy-Coyne-4-10-87.thumb.jpg.ec95a7a144af6efc00e89dca541cc893.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dblair said:

Not saying I don't like it but I'd prefer if it was dark blue.

• Like 4

I do like the style, the sponsor name colour doesn’t bother me, just wish it had been a bit darker blue

Looks good, like the all dark blue version shorts and all. Now to see it swinging round someones head after they score against the horrible tangy mob 😀

First impressions are that it's the best we've had for years. 

If it looks as good in real life I'll be getting one for the holidays.

• Like 1

OK for me! Only negatives: the collar and the lack of red as a trim on the shirt and shorts but especially not having the socks red.Decent Effort though!!

Will look forward to the Away Kit with interest

This might be the first one I buy in a long time. It could do with being darker but apart from that I love it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Souppie1893 said:

Spot On, how does it go "Wer Blue Wer White Wer Fecking Dynamit..............................."

• Like 1

I agree the club deserve praise for designing such a nice kit.

Anyone remember that kit that was so hated it was pulled? I think there was only one made and some lucky Dee got hold of it.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I agree the club deserve praise for designing such a nice kit.

Anyone remember that kit that was so hated it was pulled? I think there was only one made and some lucky Dee got hold of it.

If I recall didn't steven robb/mcnally pose with it?

Looked like a sh**e stick of Blackpool rock? Striped blue red and white? 

I usually don't get too excited by this new shirt malarkey but that is a thing of beauty imo.  Excellent design and even the colour design of the sponsors add to the overall effect.

If I was younger with a more athletic body shape I would get one for my holidays in a couple of weeks.  I might just have a mid life/late life crisis and get one anyway. 😀

• Like 3

Love it and deffo be buying one 

Nice and traditional blue and white.

• Like 1

Pretty good, agree about the sponsor logo colours jarring a bit tho. Blue is perfect for me, dark can be too dark. Drab even. White shorts thank God! 

Too many flashes and logos for me but that's progress (?). 

Any chance of a t-shirt in that vein? Cheaper and not that orrible nylon fabric which my wife won't let me wear. Cotton please, no sponsor. Thank you. 

Edited by blueboy