The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Lovejoy

Jordan McGhee

Rate this topic

Signs on a 2-year deal. Also has the number 3 shirt. Take it that’s the confirmation we need that Ralph is definitely gone.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/jordan-signs/

never realised there was already a thread!

Edited by Cannigia
  • Like 1

Good player has experience at this level, solid signing. 

Mixed views on Jordan on the Falkirk FC Facebook page - but it may not be the best source of accurate views. We all know what online posters are like 😈😉

• Star Post 1

21 minutes ago, Cannigia said:

Signs on a 2-year deal. Also has the number 3 shirt. Take it that’s the confirmation we need that Ralph is definitely gone.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/jordan-signs/

never realised there was already a thread!

Don't worry mate, I think there was about 5 threads going at the same time.😄

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Mixed views on Jordan on the Falkirk FC Facebook page - but it may not be the best source of accurate views. We all know what online posters are like 😈😉

If the Falkirk Facebook is anything like the Dundee one I wouldn't take the views too seriously.

• Like 1

Good player. Will be an asset. MacPake seems to be giving the press the run around because neither of the two signings were mentioned in the press.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Don't worry mate, I think there was about 5 threads going at the same time.😄

More threads than Mr M Haber Esq

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

Looks decent enough. I think that's a responsible enough signing. No major injury problems (....yet) and a player with 122 games in the top two leagues in Scotland who has previously been very highly regarded and although he's not lived up to the stories about Juventus signing him, he's not exactly went off the rails and completely imploded like a lot of players with these stories as he was responsible enough to captain the side at a young age.

A lot of work to do but that's a good option and gives us someone to come in and challenge Cammy or maybe compliment him by playing at centre back (perhaps in a back three or in a two with an experienced partner).

• Like 1

And all that experience and still a very young lad at 22! Good luck Jordan and welcome to Dens.💙🇫🇷💪

I've kust checked rhe online Tele to see what they are saying about Jordan and the answer is "zilch", not even on their twitter page. Never mind they still have their main sports story of Five Things for United Fans to be Positive about for next season. 😕

Good signing. Solid experience, young, Scottish. Mcpake will know doubt know what his personality is like. Personally, drive and ambition is a big part of success. Klopp at Liverpool is brilliant at that.

• Like 1

Good signing on paper and maybe the level we will be dealing in.  Happy with this and defenders is one area of the squad where JMP should be able to spot a player. 

• Like 1

JN obviously is having an input on our signing targets, he knows every player in the league worth consideration.

Imo this is much more positive than our previous forays into Europe’s nowhere divisions for untested nobody’s.

Edited by Spiritof62
  • Like 1

The Falkirk fans seem gutted he's gone. Apparently he's got a great attitude and he's got bags of experience for someone his age. He is also young enough to push on and he can cover any defensive position which is a bonus. Quite quick for a defender too.

• Like 1

I see Falkirk's best run of the season (1 defeat in 12) coincided with McGhee being made captain in January.

Looks a good signing. He's a natural RB it seems but can play CB and LB. I wonder if McPake will try to fit both him and Kerr in the same team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I see Falkirk's best run of the season (1 defeat in 12) coincided with McGhee being made captain in January.

Looks a good signing. He's a natural RB it seems but can play CB and LB. I wonder if McPake will try to fit both him and Kerr in the same team.

Falkirk fans say he is a centre half but they played him at right back at times due to lack of other options. The only way i could see him playing in the same team as Cammy  is if we play 352 with Cammy wing back and McGhee in the back 3 with Meekings and Davies possibly.

Very happy with this signing (welcome to Dens Jordan) congrats to everyone responsible for getting this over the line, quality, very encouraging.

Just now, nemsadzDEE said:

Falkirk fans say he is a centre half but they played him at right back at times due to lack of other options. The only way i could see him playing in the same team as Cammy  is if we play 352 with Cammy wing back and McGhee in the back 3 with Meekings and Davies possibly.

Interesting. Transfermrkt say RB is his main position.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jordan-mcghee/profil/spieler/193881

Let's hope McPake has thought more about this signing than Hartley thought about the Williams signing!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Positionally, it reminds me of John Souttar emerging for United coming through as a centre back but then getting thrown around the back and into midfield without being allowed to settle.

The focus for me is consistency. Competition is good but I think we really need a back two or three (perhaps Waddell and McGhee with someone more experienced) and really drill them together for a long period of time. 

41 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Yeah that’s what we want to see. Decent no nonsense, good quality, young signings from the domestic leagues.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Positionally, it reminds me of John Souttar emerging for United coming through as a centre back but then getting thrown around the back and into midfield without being allowed to settle.

The focus for me is consistency. Competition is good but I think we really need a back two or three (perhaps Waddell and McGhee with someone more experienced) and really drill them together for a long period of time. 

Maybe looking at Cammy as a holding mid ??? I'm not reading anything into the no. 3 jersey.

Edit to add, when the missus told me he'd signed I was familiar with the name but couldn't 'picture' him, a quick skeg around the internet and I'm happy enough, a young lad who can obviously play and has the character to be a captain at a young age. Seems versatile too.