The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Shaun Byrne - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

Fantastic signing. Big hats off to Nelms and Keyes also. They’ve backed the manager today with transfer fee/compensation fee as well as sanctioning these signings. Great intent by all involved at Dundee FC.

Even as we are there is a superb looking team there

Hamilton

Kerr, McGhee, Meekings, Marshall

McDaid, Byrne, McGowan, Todd

Nelson, Miller

Subs. Ferrie, Davis, Curran, Robertson, Anderson, Cameron

I genuinely believe that team will challenge for the title. I’m still expecting another centre half, a wide player, central midfielder and a striker. Then that will be us I reckon. Waddell, Doolan and Jesse would make up three of the four. If we got someone like Ness as the fourth then as long as McPake can get them playing as a team and not individuals then we could have our best season since our last time in this division.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bjs said:

Fantastic signing. Big hats off to Nelms and Keyes also. They’ve backed the manager today with transfer fee/compensation fee as well as sanctioning these signings. Great intent by all involved at Dundee FC.

Hamilton

Kerr, McGhee, Meekings, Marshall

McDaid, Byrne, McGowan, Todd

Nelson, Miller

Subs. Ferrie, Davis, Curran, Robertson, Anderson, Cameron

I genuinely believe that team will challenge for the title. I’m still expecting another centre half, a wide player, central midfielder and a striker. Then that will be us I reckon. Waddell, Doolan and Jesse would make up three of the four. If we got someone like Ness as the fourth then as long as McPake can get them playing as a team and not individuals then we could have our best season since our last time in this division.

Think we just need another midfielder and a striker...

Is Byrne a holding mid? 

15 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Think we just need another midfielder and a striker...

Is Byrne a holding mid? 

Started of his career as an attacking midfielder but with Livi he’s played sometimes as the box to box midfielder but more often as the defensive midfield enforcer type of player as far as I’m aware.

1 hour ago, bjs said:

Hamilton..

Stopped reading after that. New GK please.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Scott Fox? Free agent and someone who has plenty of experience in premiership and championship. 

Unfortunately I can't see the club getting rid of Hamilton after paying a fee for him.

He's a number 1 (although sh**e) and having both him and Fox at the club wouldn't work. I think we are stuck with him so better get used to it :(

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yep I think its imperative we sign a goalkeeper as I dont think Hamilton is good enough to be 1st choice for us. We have the makings of a really decent team, with the new signings, and it would make sense to add a good experienced goalie.

• Like 1

I'd rather Ferrie started. 

Hopefully Forster, Waddell, Jesse, Ness and rudden sign. I think we'd be pretty strong. I'd sign frear too if possible. 

Great news and great business.

Really like the type of player McPake is targeting here. No fuss, no bulls**t, just guys that get on with the game. 

• Like 1

Just noticed as well that although we've reported Byrne as being on a 2yr deal with a 1yr option the player himself seems to see it as a 3yr deal. Looks like the option is in Byrne's favour.

https://twitter.com/Shaunbyrne93/status/1141264466752999425?s=20

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Just noticed as well that although we've reported Byrne as being on a 2yr deal with a 1yr option the player himself seems to see it as a 3yr deal. Looks like the option is in Byrne's favour.

https://twitter.com/Shaunbyrne93/status/1141264466752999425?s=20

Meh, once he gets the 'Holt Hairdryer' he'll see it as 2 years. 😂

• Funny 4

This is night and day from this time last year. It is quite simply common sense signings. They have all played in this league and it looks like we are getting our sense of identity back. Byrne is a great signing. At last there seems to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Good work by management team and board.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Impromptu love for Nelms breaking out everywhere😍 

New DFC poster boy.♥️

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

43 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

New DFC poster boy.♥️

Tell you what , him and his lads felt it last year like the rest of us when things were going badly

15 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

This time last year we were getting excited about Spence, Wolters and Mendy!

Until  we saw them at brechin.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Until  we saw them at brechin.

Agreed Parcbara and then at Stirling even though we won 4-0 !!!!!!, feels totally different this time, known established players, the only problem being is that because they are known, our expectations  / demands might also be higher, they will need time to gell as a unit.

• Like 2