The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Said in Tele last night United sold over 3000. Anybody know how many we have sold? I obviously know not as simple as that when comes to kids and oaps etc but anybody any information?

Edited by Gowrie Dee 1962
typo!

James just said it as it is on his Dee TV interview. The more fans buy season tickets the more he has for players.

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

James just said it as it is on his Dee TV interview. The more fans buy season tickets the more he has for players.

Just now, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

So we have not sold many?

107405859-waist-up-shot-of-surprised-and-amazed-good-looking-stylish-bearded-male-raising-eyebrows-shrugging-w.jpg

Hopefully they continue to rise. We need as many fans in our end for our promotion push. 

I think it's fair to suggest that if figures were fantastic the club would have shared that info so we can probably draw our own conclusions from that.

2 hours ago, Rosco said:

Hopefully they continue to rise. We need as many fans in our end for our promotion push. 

Just because people don't buy a season ticket doesn't mean they won't be in our end for the promotion push.

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Just because people don't buy a season ticket doesn't mean they won't be in our end for the promotion push.

I think that the issue is that the more ST sold the more funds McPake will have at his disposal for the promotion push. 

Banking on PATG is just guess work.

That's not a dig at anyone not buying a ST, it's just a reality. ST money is cash in the kitty now, PATG money is nothing until it's there.

They're remaining the same price until the league season begins so there are still over 5 weeks. My brother for example hasn't got his yet.

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

I think that the issue is that the more ST sold the more funds McPake will have at his disposal for the promotion push. 

Banking on PATG is just guess work.

That's not a dig at anyone not buying a ST, it's just a reality. ST money is cash in the kitty now, PATG money is nothing until it's there.

The implication in the post I quoted was that if season tickets aren't sold people won't go. That will only be the case if we struggle or the fayre is sh**e again.

3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Ah, that's why they want us to buy season tickets, who knew......

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

The implication in the post I quoted was that if season tickets aren't sold people won't go. That will only be the case if we struggle or the fayre is sh**e again.

I think the implication in the post you quoted is that it would be good if more STs were sold because that would mean a better chance of bigger crowds on a more regular basis for the upcoming season.

If the team is good then hopefully that happens anyway but I can't see any reason not to encourage folk to buy a ST, but it's perfectly reasonable if people choose not to.

2 hours ago, Rosco said:

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

I think the implication in the post you quoted is that it would be good if more STs were sold because that would mean a better chance of bigger crowds on a more regular basis for the upcoming season.

I disagree, the implication is clear to me. Rosco is hoping season ticket sales continue to rise so that there will be more fans in our stands completely disregarding, probably not deliberately, PATG fans contribution to the crowd numbers.

Just now, Prince Buster said:

I disagree, the implication is clear to me. Rosco is hoping season ticket sales continue to rise so that there will be more fans in our stands completely disregarding, probably not deliberately, PATG fans contribution to the crowd numbers.

Fair enough, I don't see the point in us getting in a twist over semantics. I don't think he's suggesting that PATG punters are somehow lesser, but there does seem to be a bit of a chip on the shoulder by those who, perfectly reasonably and with (many) good reason(s), are changing from being ST holders to not being ST holders whenever anyone suggests that it might be good if we sold more.

Every club needs ST sales to be as high as possible and they are then hugely grateful for whatever PATG punters add to that total on a fortnightly(ish) basis.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Ah, that's why they want us to buy season tickets, who knew......

Nae  need mate. I just like to try and help our club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Haven’t been on here for ages, but we get it mate, you might,or might not get a season ticket.😴

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Fair enough, I don't see the point in us getting in a twist over semantics. I don't think he's suggesting that PATG punters are somehow lesser, but there does seem to be a bit of a chip on the shoulder by those who, perfectly reasonably and with (many) good reason(s), are changing from being ST holders to not being ST holders whenever anyone suggests that it might be good if we sold more.

Every club needs ST sales to be as high as possible and they are then hugely grateful for whatever PATG punters add to that total on a fortnightly(ish) basis.

I'm feeling guilty about it but certainly no chip on the shoulder about it. Will probably still PATG every week.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Nae  need mate. I just like to try and help our club. 

Sorry if I offended mate, my sarcasm wasn't aimed at your good self, more at the club (or in this case, the manager). We all know why they want our cash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I'm feeling guilty about it but certainly no chip on the shoulder about it. Will probably still PATG every week.

And ultimately then put more money in the club's coffers. 👍

6 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

5 hours ago, Rosco said:

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I possibly didn’t word it correctly and I apologise for that but I was simply referring to this earlier post regarding McPake stating the more fans that buy STs, the bigger his initial summer budget to get the additions McPake wants for this promotion push. It was not at dig at PATG supporters or people who chose not to buy a season ticket as they are well within their right not to. It’s a personal choice for everyone. 

• Like 1

Available to collect from Dundee Direct for all ST holders. (It's just a joke by the way).😋

me__2__400x400.jpg

• Funny 1

Season ticket sales surpassed the 2000 mark just after McPake was appointed...

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/lets-get-the-spirit-back-at-this-football-club/

...just published on the official this afternoon as a rallying call for supporters.

• Like 2

Why are numbers classified, like some ufo crash.  Scary stuff, just let the people know the truth. What's the problem.