The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
HK Blues

Fixtures Out

Rate this topic

Dunfermline away to  start

Edited by HK Blues

Home to United 2nd last game, then away to Thistle to finish. Butterflies a'ready. Assuming these games matter by then.... 

4 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Home to United 2nd last game, then away to Thistle to finish. Butterflies a'ready. Assuming these games matter by then.... 

Ach well. We'll just have to hope we can relegate them again.

😜

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

At their sh*t hole end of August 

Same weekend as the Ugly Sisters first meeting. Rules out a Sky live game but we'll no doubt end up on BBC Scotland or thon foreign language ALBA effort probably on the friday night. I've a feeling all the derbies will end up on Friday evenings.

Looking at the fixtures clarifies that it is likely to be a tough season. We need to hope McPake continues to bring in the right quality of players; gets a good balance in the team; and manages to get them to gel quickly (I seem to be saying the later every pre-season these days!!). Onwards and upwards.

The marketing of this league is crap. They have a chance to stage holiday fixtures around Xmas/New Year but choose to throw in a couple of Tuesday rounds in October and March. Away to Partick on Sat. 23/12, Away again to the DABs on Sat 28/12  and home to ICT on Sat 4th with no doubt a poor away support doesn't do much for the coffers. England especially the Championship play up these holiday times with 4 or more  games over a fortnight etc. Personally I would have done away with the Saturday before Xmas fixtures, usually poorly attended and gone for Boxing Day 26th, Sat 28th/or Sun 29th , New Years Day/or 2nd Jan ans put the next weekends fixtures to Sunday 5th if necessary to try to get a bit of excitement into the festive fixtures period. The Premier League have a Boxing Day fixture list, why not the rest of the SPFL? 

As far as the overall picture is concerned opening at Dunfermline is a good away day for the fans but we don't have a great record there and hopefully won't end up a banana skin like last season's start. Dunfermline seem to start season's well and then fade!! Two home games before the derby seem ok. Starting the season and finishing both away together with the less than attractive festive fixtures from a financial point of view seems a bit harsh compared with the DABs who of course have the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, troodee1893 said:

Same weekend as the Ugly Sisters first meeting. Rules out a Sky live game but we'll no doubt end up on BBC Scotland or thon foreign language ALBA effort probably on the friday night. I've a feeling all the derbies will end up on Friday evenings.

Think you are absolutely correct - I don’t mind which day of the week we blow them away

9 hours ago, troodee1893 said:

The marketing of this league is crap. They have a chance to stage holiday fixtures around Xmas/New Year but choose to throw in a couple of Tuesday rounds in October and March. Away to Partick on Sat. 23/12, Away again to the DABs on Sat 28/12  and home to ICT on Sat 4th with no doubt a poor away support doesn't do much for the coffers. England especially the Championship play up these holiday times with 4 or more  games over a fortnight etc. Personally I would have done away with the Saturday before Xmas fixtures, usually poorly attended and gone for Boxing Day 26th, Sat 28th/or Sun 29th , New Years Day/or 2nd Jan ans put the next weekends fixtures to Sunday 5th if necessary to try to get a bit of excitement into the festive fixtures period. The Premier League have a Boxing Day fixture list, why not the rest of the SPFL? 

As far as the overall picture is concerned opening at Dunfermline is a good away day for the fans but we don't have a great record there and hopefully won't end up a banana skin like last season's start. Dunfermline seem to start season's well and then fade!! Two home games before the derby seem ok. Starting the season and finishing both away together with the less than attractive festive fixtures from a financial point of view seems a bit harsh compared with the DABs who of course have the exact opposite.

Purely selfish, but I'm delighted we're not playing on Boxing Day. We've got family coming and going and we're either having folk in or heading to someone else's on Boxing Day. The other half usually works on Christmas Day so I feel guilty as hell excusing myself to go watch football when we're kind of having our Christmas Day. 

Just shows that's there's no best for for everyone. Other than that I always find fixture announcement day totally underwhelming. You got to play them all sometime.  

So we kick off with games against Dunfermline and Ayr (the teams who embarrassed us in the cup last season). Then we face ICT, who we've got a dire record against and then we go to the sticklebrick.

It's a tough introduction to life in the Championship. We'll need to start performing from matchday one.

For purely selfish reasons I'm happy to kick off against Dunfs, its on my doorstep so as long as we pummel them I'll not have to take it out on some of my neeburs. :angry:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

For purely selfish reasons I'm happy to kick off against Dunfs, its on my doorstep so as long as we pummel them I'll not have to take it out on some of my neeburs. :angry:

Lucky you. I have to wait until November for my 'home' game!

48 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Lucky you. I have to wait until November for my 'home' game!

Hopefully you'll not need to lay some smack down on some your neebs after the game too.

• Funny 1

On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 09:36, troodee1893 said:

Any idea when the first set of live televised games are announced ?.

On 21/06/2019 at 11:05, troodee1893 said:

Your right, the English Xmas and New Year fixtures keep things on the boil nicely.

On 21/06/2019 at 09:36, troodee1893 said:

Sky don’t care about the Championship. Well, not anymore at least... so it’ll be BT or BBC.

I’ll not bother dignifying with a response your crass comment about Gaelic being “foreign”. 

• Like 3

The new BBC Scotland channel could be deid soon. Apparently its in its knees viewing figures wise. And no wonder, they learned nowt from the appalling STV2!

I buy two newspapers a week and these are at the weekend ...

One is the Daily Mail (Only for detailed TV programmes & Fitba/Sports Comments)

And the other is the "National" (And I'll let you all decide why I would buy that paper)

Politics aside, I'll read a quote from one of these papers.You can guess what one ;)

It is a reference to Scotland and Scottish People ...

"The days of "too wee, too poor, too stupid"...are over.

Scotland is big enough, rich enough & smart enough,

and that is the message we must spread"

Apologies for moving off topic heading. but I am trying to add fairness to points made in posts above.

IMO it's about having self belief. We don't need to undermine ourselves. Plenty others will gladly do it.