The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Anyone on here heard from him? Sent him a DM regards an upcoming visit to craggy Island. I hope he's not run away because he knows i'm coming!

Joking aside - I hope he's ok because he's had health issues previously.

2 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Anyone on here heard from him? Sent him a DM regards an upcoming visit to craggy Island. I hope he's not run away because he knows i'm coming!

Joking aside - I hope he's ok because he's had health issues previously.

No personal news Seb' but was he not on the forum a day or two ago?

16 minutes ago, Gedee said:

No personal news Seb' but was he not on the forum a day or two ago?

Not sure mate. He's normally a regular though. Hope athin is ok

2 hours ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Still nae sign of him. The forum is quieter without his random musings and complaints 

Seb I occasionally had a looky at Dundee Mad (once or twice a month) And although I've no bothered to visit "the old forum" in the past month, I know he flirted with some posts there ...  When he got fed up, wi' what he perceived as the personal insults/abuse on here ... (Or if the posters on here, simply got fed up wi' him)

I know he's no' awebody's cup o' tea (there again neither am eh) :wacko:

I'm sure there is naebody on here, wid wish him ill-will. Cheers:chaplin:

44 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Seb I occasionally had a looky at Dundee Mad (once or twice a month) And although I've no bothered to visit "the old forum" in the past month, I know he flirted with some posts there ...  When he got fed up, wi' what he perceived as the personal insults/abuse on here ... (Or if the posters on here, simply got fed up wi' him)

I know he's no' awebody's cup o' tea (there again neither am eh) :wacko:

I'm sure there is naebody on here, wid wish him ill-will. Cheers:chaplin:

Hi Gedee - just asking because i was actually going to meet him for a pint in islay the other week, messaged him and never heard back. Maybees he just thinks my patter is brutal 🤣

11 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Hi Gedee - just asking because i was actually going to meet him for a pint in islay the other week, messaged him and never heard back. Maybees he just thinks my patter is brutal 🤣

I think at times Islay takes himself (& probably others) far too seriously.

He also quite freely admits, he doesn't have a sense of humour, or even "mad moments" ... which is tough for me, as a "total daftie" to accept at times

But in fairness to him he never openly appears to hold a grudge, always appears to keep his cool & his manners on here in responding to other posters,

who at times can be little personal/insulting, is impeccable. Tho' he did one time say to me that Seb's patter is "brutal" (Think he said sh*t or minging;)

Seriously friend, keeping in mind his stress on politeness & protocol, the fact he's not responded to your message, maybe he really is unwell.  Hope not.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Things must be very slow on TDF if you are having to set up a topic headed ‘Islay’ because I have not posted for a while. 

Despite what you make think the main reason that I have not been posting on TDF is because I discovered that I had to sign in again and I could not be bothered.

However my time has not been wasted as last November one of my friends and fellow Dundee supporter persuaded me to join Facebook. Despite my reservations at the time I registered at it had been one of the best things I have ever done. 

Since then I have joined several Facebook groups including two sites that are closed Facebook groups and I can post my political views on other Facebook groups. 

A couple of weeks ago I viewed the Northern Lights from my front garden in Islay at 1am in the morning,

Last Tuesday I was at the Blackpool game and it is the first home game that I have seen Dundee win since we defeated St Johnstone 2-1 in April 2018 with Moussa heading the winner. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
  • Star Post 1

Good to see you back, Islay :)

We were worried about you, I even checked the online Ileach to look for reports of anyone chaining themselves to the Finlaggan, we were going to set up a donations page to raise funds to set you free. A few of us even had a whipround at the Raith game, so far we have raised half a packet of Juicy Fruit, a pie stained napkin, a used train ticket, some blue fluff and four Polish Zloty. We'll keep it as a starter kitty for when we have to break you out of Facebook jail.

You must have had a cracking view of the Northern Lights over the bay, I've only ever seen them over the Sidlaws, I've never been lucky enough to see them the few times I've been to Shetland, I'll get the timing right one of these days.

Now, get back posting and tell us your thoughts on what's been happening at Dens :)

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Things must be very slow on TDF if you are having to set up a topic headed ‘Islay’ because I have not posted for a while. 

Hi Islay... Posts have been a bit slow on the "Auld Forum", but I think you may have misinterpreted the situation:chaplin:

This exclusive topic heading, was surely reflection of how much you're loved, as well as how much we all miss you :tears:

Us on the forum (maybe a wee bit like yourself) are hesitant to show our gentler, softer, sensitive & more loving side.

What may seem at time a cauldron of simmering, festering hatred, directed at you, is only our way of showing love :wub:

I'm sure you have attracted a wide audience on facebook (Mind & keep them right)  But dinnae be forgetting TDBF :)

Hi Gedee,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I was waiting for Seb to get in touch after I had PM him. I was sitting outside sunbathing waiting for his phone call but he never got in touch. However all was not lost as I made my annual visit to see what was being discussed at the local community council meeting and guess what it was the same crap as a year ago when I attended my last local community council meeting. 

They discuss the same things but nothing ever gets done. 

17 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Good to see you back, Islay :)

We were worried about you, I even checked the online Ileach to look for reports of anyone chaining themselves to the Finlaggan, we were going to set up a donations page to raise funds to set you free. A few of us even had a whipround at the Raith game, so far we have raised half a packet of Juicy Fruit, a pie stained napkin, a used train ticket, some blue fluff and four Polish Zloty. We'll keep it as a starter kitty for when we have to break you out of Facebook jail.

You must have had a cracking view of the Northern Lights over the bay, I've only ever seen them over the Sidlaws, I've never been lucky enough to see them the few times I've been to Shetland, I'll get the timing right one of these days.

Now, get back posting and tell us your thoughts on what's been happening at Dens :)

Hi Harold,

I suggest that you keep the kitty as a starter for the cost of the new stadium development. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I was waiting for Seb to get in touch after I had PM him. I was sitting outside sunbathing waiting for his phone call but he never got in touch. However all was not lost as I made my annual visit to see what was being discussed at the local community council meeting and guess what it was the same crap as a year ago when I attended my last local community council meeting. 

They discuss the same things but nothing ever gets done. 

Maybe your visits are too infrequent Islay... 

And they require a more regular appearance of your good self, to stimulate more "open"  & vigorous debate :explode:

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Maybe your visits are too infrequent Islay... 

And they require a more regular appearance of your good self, to stimulate more "open"  & vigorous debate :explode:

Hi Gedee,

My annual appearance at an Islay Community Council meeting is more than enough as the meetings are as exciting as watching paint dry. 

The discussions are so predictable that I could probably write the minutes for the next full meeting in August 2019 as the same things are discussed at every meeting. Sadly nothing ever gets done. 

4 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Harold,

I suggest that you keep the kitty as a starter for the cost of the new stadium development. 

I will do Islay...............the new stadium is going to cost a Zloty money :D