The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Lovejoy

Kerr Waddell Away

Rate this topic

McPake must be close to confirming another CB if he's let Waddell go.

KW posed a threat for us at set-pieces but wasn't particularly good defensively.

Sorry to see Kerr leave, but all the best big man! Wish you all the luck in the world, loved these goals against Hearts.👍💙

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

McPake must be close to confirming another CB if he's let Waddell go.

KW posed a threat for us at set-pieces but wasn't particularly good defensively.

I'm really not sure McPake had any say in this mate, we offered him a new deal which he has obviously rejected. It was widely speculated that McIntyre wasn't planning on retaining Waddell's services which probably means we hadn't offered him a new deal, within the timeframe, on at least the same terms in order to guarantee at least a development fee. It seems Waddell has made this decision.

• Like 1

He'll do well at Arbroath and will command a starting spot every week something that wasn't guaranteed with us... Wishing him all the best. 

• Like 2

Only way we will sign another CB is if Davies leaves, we already have 4 and CK who can cover if need be

• Like 1

Sorry to see him go, I thought he had potential to make it at Dens.

2 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Only way we will sign another CB is if Davies leaves, we already have 4 and CK who can cover if need be

Think you're right Beto, Waddell's wage won't free up much cash. If Turner is still a target then I think we'll need a big earner to leave before we see him coming in. I could be wrong but I'm sure I read that Davies family are still in England so it'd make sense for him to find a club closer to them if he isnt to be one of McPake's first picks 

5 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Sorry to see him go, I thought he had potential to make it at Dens.

He has potential but that's probably it. He was unlikely to be given the opportunity to fulfill that potential here as he'd have been 4 choice at least for his position. He was a big laddie at a young age and that probably got him a wee bit more notice than the average kids around the same age and saw him progress through the age groups.

8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Davies didn't make the squad yesterday, which suggests he's still injured or on the way out. Meekings has a dreadful injury record and McGhee's natural position is FB. That just leaves Forster so with Waddell gone I expect McPake to be looking for one more CB.

Just now, Cobra said:

Davies didn't make the squad yesterday, which suggests he's still injured or on the way out. Meekings has a dreadful injury record and McGhee's natural position is FB. That just leaves Forster so with Waddell gone I expect McPake to be looking for one more CB.

I'm guessing mate but when we took our fullbacks off yesterday we still played McGhee at centre half. Apparently McGhee can play right across the back 4 yet we had right footed Callum Moore playing left back and late on Josh Mulligan on the right. Based on that I'd say McPake sees him firstly as a central defender.

Had posted a swipe at Dundee on Twitter that he "only found out he'd been released through Twitter" and then deleted his account. He was on the bench for Arbroath yesterday. 

:lol: 

3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm guessing mate but when we took our fullbacks off yesterday we still played McGhee at centre half. Apparently McGhee can play right across the back 4 yet we had right footed Callum Moore playing left back and late on Josh Mulligan on the right. Based on that I'd say McPake sees him firstly as a central defender.

If McPake is comfortable starting McGhee at CB in league games then I guess we are covered in that position.

30 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Had posted a swipe at Dundee on Twitter that he "only found out he'd been released through Twitter" and then deleted his account. He was on the bench for Arbroath yesterday. 

Not sure he was. His name was on a list of players but with NR I think next to it. I'm assuming that Arbroath were assuming that he would become their player, hence him being listed as part of their squad, and NR meant not registered.  Kinda guessing though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Elliot Parish also had a dig at 'previous Managers' on Sportsound yesterday.

I'll need to listen again but I'm sure he also said something about 'lack of commitment from some'  last season.

Kerr was never offered a new contract by DFC. He was told in February that his contract would run down and that Dundee would not pursue a development fee for him.

Although the writing was on the wall, club website and Twitter is the wrong way to go about confirming it to the boy, who possibly hoped that now we were rid of the impostor McIntyre, McPake might have a change of heart.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm really not sure McPake had any say in this mate, we offered him a new deal which he has obviously rejected. It was widely speculated that McIntyre wasn't planning on retaining Waddell's services which probably means we hadn't offered him a new deal, within the timeframe, on at least the same terms in order to guarantee at least a development fee. It seems Waddell has made this decision.

We had until the 31st May to make the offer so still time for McPake and the club to have made the offer so as to retain him. Would think he’s maybe said no as he wouldn’t start and so we agreed to say thanks and let him go.

Sounds like the club didn't treat Kerr particularly well. He should have been told the news to his face.

Hopefully he kicks on and fulfils his potential elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bjs said:

We had until the 31st May to make the offer so still time for McPake and the club to have made the offer so as to retain him. Would think he’s maybe said no as he wouldn’t start and so we agreed to say thanks and let him go.

I refer you to my previous answer.

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Sounds like the club didn't treat Kerr particularly well. He should have been told the news to his face.

Hopefully he kicks on and fulfils his potential elsewhere.

He was first choice along with Hendry in the centre of defence at the start of NM's reign. He scored those 2 goals against Hearts and was awarded a new contract/extension (?) pretty soon after that. Then all of a sudden thereafter he was jettisoned.

What happened?.