The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Dundee V Scunthorpe

Rate this topic

Next up for the Dee is a game against The Iron on Friday at 11am at La Manga Club in Murcia. I believe this game is being played behind closed doors.

Scunthorpe sent us Andy Dales and James Horsfield last season. It seems the two clubs have a wee bit of a relationship going on.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

It seems the two clubs have a wee bit of a relationship going on.

Aye a love hate relationship! They loved getting the players loaned out to us and we f**cking hated having them!

• Funny 8

One or both of the teams would have requested the game behind closed doors.

Apart from not wanting to advertise shape/tactics etc, also a chance to field trialists in some privacy. So I'm guessing it's Scunthorpe more than us?.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Apart from not wanting to advertise shape/tactics etc, also a chance to field trialists in some privacy. So I'm guessing it's Scunthorpe more than us?.

I'd like to think that we'll have a look at someone but it doesn't seem to be McPake's style. It looks like he's after proven players rather than those touted by agents.

Wonder if Dales and Horseshit will be involved,or if they've been moved on.

6 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Despite it being behind close doors I'm sure a few of those at the Forest game will be able to blend in with the millionaires at La Manga and get a peep at the match. Where there is a will there is a way.

• Like 1

Game has a morning kick-off on Friday and looks like the squad fly home after the game.

23 hours ago, Double Blue said:

Despite it being behind close doors I'm sure a few of those at the Forest game will be able to blend in with the millionaires at La Manga and get a peep at the match. Where there is a will there is a way.

Strachan will be there as he lives there. No need to be a millionaire tho. Affordable holiday stay for many of modest means.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Strachan will be there as he lives there. No need to be a millionaire tho. Affordable holiday stay for many of modest means.

I didnt realise Gordon let out rooms in his mansion. Good to know for future reference. 😈

I see the game is listed on Xscores as a fixture tomorrow at 11am which I think means it's more than just a bounce game so I'm hopeful we might getting some useful updates before and during the match.

With a noon local time kick-off, I'm guessing it's not outside?. 

If it is reported as 11am (local time) then that is 10am here in Scotland. Nothing in the official site at the moment so I guess with it being behind closed doors there will be no text commentary. We don't usually get much info from games behind closed doors - sometimes not even the score.

Forecast is for it to feel like 31C during the game. I bet the players will be glad in some ways to return to the cool of Dundee tonight.

Kick off is 11am uk time. Game on flash scores and William hill for anyone who wants to keep count of the goals we score 😉

38 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

If it is reported as 11am (local time) then that is 10am here in Scotland. Nothing in the official site at the moment so I guess with it being behind closed doors there will be no text commentary. We don't usually get much info from games behind closed doors - sometimes not even the score.

Kick-off is 11am BST.

• Like 1

Starting line up - Ferrie, Kerr, McGhee, Ness, Forster, Byrne, Nelson, McGowan, Marshall, Anderson, Mulligan.

Subs - Hamilton, Meekings, Todd, McDaid, Curran, Robertson, Moore, Cameron, Fisher #thedee

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

Starting line up - Ferrie, Kerr, McGhee, Ness, Forster, Byrne, Nelson, McGowan, Marshall, Anderson, Mulligan. Subs - Hamilton, Meekings, Todd, McDaid, Curran, Robertson, Moore, Cameron, Fisher