The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Just seen this, would expect young 'Grasshopper' McPake will be looking to show his old boss what he can do.

44 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

There will be a well kent face in the opposition dugout when we play them and another keeping their players superfit.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1438981-paul-hartley-named-manager-of-spfl-newcomers-cove-rangers/

DB, my son played with Cove Rangers a number of years ago, the pre season work they did, would embarrass some senior clubs, none of the players looked forward to it and all looked after themselves through the summer knowing what was coming. The Dunes at balmedie beach are littered with spew from lots of players, Cove were always one of the fittest sides at the start of the season. They have always ran a tight side. This game will be a battle.

I wish him all the best - IMO he did a job for us.  Sadly, it all went sour at the end but doesn't it always?

• Like 3

Agree with this. Would be pleased if he remembers all the helpful suggestions that he got from the many posters on this forum. Hope he goes back over the history and remembers a couple of gems, " square pegs in round holes" and "give up the tombola selection procedure"

Hartley 2014-2016 was fantastic but in the summer of 2016 the dark clouds descended on Dens and Hartley's career. PH looked like he was at a funeral when he talked about the loss of Stewart and Hemmings. I thought "Cheer up mate, it's not the end of the world" but unfortunately it kind of was. Dundee and Hartley have been in freefall ever since. Hopefully though the Dee and PH can enjoy some good times again. 

• Like 1

He'll get backed quite well and I'll no doubt be putting them on to win the league next season. I'm expecting them to be in the promotion play offs this season. 

Edit : Fyvie is up there training again. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Like 1