Ladbrokes Championship
Ayr United v Dundee
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.05pm

Friday 1 November, 2019
Ladbrokes Championship
Dundee v Greenock Morton
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.05pm

• Like 5

Those away games to Queen of the South and Ayr are a nightmare for 7.05 on a Friday night.  Would be bad enough at 7.45.

• Like 1

Was expecting something totally different when I saw the thread title..... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, markthedee said:

Those away games to Queen of the South and Ayr are a nightmare for 7.05 on a Friday night.  Would be bad enough at 7.45.

If you're going to swerve away games then these two have worked out not too badly being live on the BBC. Good wee trips on a Saturday at 3pm but maybe not so much on a Friday at 7.05pm.

• Like 1

I doubt a Dundee derby will ever played on a Saturday again. It'll be Friday night every time this season and after that it's the Premiership and Nou Campy for Dundee and financial meltdown and liquidation for the dabs.

• Star Post 1

We could have 2 home games on the trot  moved and on TV. Morton and the DABs.

F**k TV football.

That's five of our first twelve on Friday. The first game in the next tranche is a derby, so that will be six out of thirteen.

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 6

Doesn’t work for me because of the time difference. Guess I’ll be watching on replay a lot this season🙁

From a selfish point of view - having 3 away games I was unlikely to go to on tele I'm happy with.

United game moving to Friday was always going to happen. At least it is 7.45pm k/o

7pm kick off for Morton home game is pish for me coming from Edinburgh after work and will mean I miss it.

So some wins and some losses for me. What a lot of sh**e though having first division football on the tele. Another kick in the nuts for fans who actually want to go to games. If you were to ask fans of first division clubs to decide if games should be shown on tele I would guess over 95% would be against it.

There is zero thought to fans views regarding Scottish football. All about getting a few extra quid.

• Like 1

Just now, Edin_Dee said:

From a selfish point of view - having 3 away games I was unlikely to go to on tele I'm happy with.

Same here.

• Like 1

Unless the team are ripping it up not sure this is going to do anything for attendance at matches and in fact could be a negative .

Football authorities wonder why "out of town" supporters, and others, are reluctant to buy season tickets. Go figure.

• Like 1

I love a Friday night game. The atmosphere at the games are always better but I understand why people might struggle to get to them. 

9 minutes ago, steven dee said:

I love a Friday night game. The atmosphere at the games are always better but I understand why people might struggle to get to them. 

Quite partial to a friday game too, it kind of buggers up saturdays though. The early kick off is a bit of a pest though.

• Like 1

I've been reminded that each club can only be shown at home twice by the BBC. So choosing the home game against Morton that rules out one of the home derbies. However, it might be chosen by Sky or BT.

The 19:05 kick-offs in Dumfries and Ayr are lousy for the media team. We're just volunteers, not paid employees. It means taking the afternoon off each time, and some simply won't be able to do it. We'll be setting off not long after lunch.

• Like 2

Take Arbroath away which will certainly be on tv.

lets say we are top of the league.

id say 3000 would make the trip on a Saturday afternoon 

a Friday night on the tv and you could half that.

Thats Arbroath losing 20-25k in gate receipts...

Least they get there 8k from the BBC 

27 minutes ago, Rumple said:

I've been reminded that each club can only be shown at home twice by the BBC. So choosing the home game against Morton that rules out one of the home derbies. However, it might be chosen by Sky or BT.

The 19:05 kick-offs in Dumfries and Ayr are lousy for the media team. We're just volunteers, not paid employees. It means taking the afternoon off each time, and some simply won't be able to do it. We'll be setting off not long after lunch.

It’s understandable if you miss it

8 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

It’s understandable if you miss it

I'm not whining (really). Being on the media team is a great gig. But the unwritten code of honour is that if you can get to the crappy away games then you turn up for them in order to justify all the other perks. It wouldn't work if people only agreed to do the attractive ones.

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 1

Prefer a Friday night to a Sunday midday and in fairness the only away game from those I'd have been at is the derby and I'll still be going that anyway, so not much hassle for me.

Saturday and 3pm is still where it's at though.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Take Arbroath away which will certainly be on tv.

lets say we are top of the league.

id say 3000 would make the trip on a Saturday afternoon 

a Friday night on the tv and you could half that.

Thats Arbroath losing 20-25k in gate receipts...

Least they get there 8k from the BBC 

They get nothing from the BBC.

The TV money goes into the general pot and is distributed as part of the prize money to all divisions - which means the Premiership actually get more of the Championship TV money than Championship TV clubs do.

We can't complain, though, because the Championship gets money from the (mostly) Premiership TV contract.

Is anyone aware how much money clubs get from these live BBC games? Is it £x per game over the season? 

11 minutes ago, markthedee said:

They get nothing from the BBC.

The TV money goes into the general pot and is distributed as part of the prize money to all divisions - which means the Premiership actually get more of the Championship TV money than Championship TV clubs do.

We can't complain, though, because the Championship gets money from the (mostly) Premiership TV contract.

It roughly works out at 8k per game when tv money is added, if you are on an average amount of times..

Arbroath will lose out if games against Dundee teams are on a Friday night

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

It roughly works out at 8k per game when tv money is added, if you are on an average amount of times..

Arbroath will lose out if games against Dundee teams are on a Friday night

I don't know where you're getting this from but it's wrong - there is no additional money paid for being on TV.

The money paid by Sky, BT and the BBC is just part of the general prize pot.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Quite partial to a friday game too, it kind of buggers up saturdays though. The early kick off is a bit of a pest though.

Agree with you both . My lad overjoyed cos he’s got himself a wee Saturday job. Not sure when to tell him I’m no taking him😂

• Funny 2