The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
markthedee

Tv Games

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Take Arbroath away which will certainly be on tv.

lets say we are top of the league.

id say 3000 would make the trip on a Saturday afternoon 

a Friday night on the tv and you could half that.

Thats Arbroath losing 20-25k in gate receipts...

Least they get there 8k from the BBC 

They get nothing from the BBC.

The TV money goes into the general pot and is distributed as part of the prize money to all divisions - which means the Premiership actually get more of the Championship TV money than Championship TV clubs do.

We can't complain, though, because the Championship gets money from the (mostly) Premiership TV contract.

Is anyone aware how much money clubs get from these live BBC games? Is it £x per game over the season? 

11 minutes ago, markthedee said:

They get nothing from the BBC.

The TV money goes into the general pot and is distributed as part of the prize money to all divisions - which means the Premiership actually get more of the Championship TV money than Championship TV clubs do.

We can't complain, though, because the Championship gets money from the (mostly) Premiership TV contract.

It roughly works out at 8k per game when tv money is added, if you are on an average amount of times..

Arbroath will lose out if games against Dundee teams are on a Friday night

1 minute ago, Mr Sensible said:

It roughly works out at 8k per game when tv money is added, if you are on an average amount of times..

I don't know where you're getting this from but it's wrong - there is no additional money paid for being on TV.

The money paid by Sky, BT and the BBC is just part of the general prize pot.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Quite partial to a friday game too, it kind of buggers up saturdays though. The early kick off is a bit of a pest though.

Agree with you both . My lad overjoyed cos he’s got himself a wee Saturday job. Not sure when to tell him I’m no taking him😂

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Is money critical to clubs like Arbroath? Of course they welcome any cash they can get but these wee clubs never seem to go out of business. They survive on fresh air in the lower leagues for years on end with no TV money. 

Rarely a year goes by without talk of a financial crisis at the likes of Dundee, United and Dunfermline but Arbroath, Forfar and Brechin will no doubt we here 100 years from now, as happy as Larry with their attendances of 200 and their tasty half-time pies.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Prefer a Friday night to a Sunday midday and in fairness the only away game from those I'd have been at is the derby and I'll still be going that anyway, so not much hassle for me.

Saturday and 3pm is still where it's at though.

Whipping the Arabs on a Friday  night , few britneys, what a way to start the weekend !

• Love 1
  • Like 1

TV stops people going to games, especially BBC . Sit in the house and pub and watch it for free or scurry about after work on Friday and spend £50 or so to get there and get in etc. Absolutely shocking. Should be 3pm Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Is money critical to clubs like Arbroath? Of course they welcome any cash they can get but these wee clubs never seem to go out of business. They survive on fresh air in the lower leagues for years on end with no TV money. 

Rarely a year goes by without talk of a financial crisis at the likes of Dundee, United and Dunfermline but Arbroath, Forfar and Brechin will no doubt we here 100 years from now, as happy as Larry with their attendances of 200 and their tasty half-time pies.

They rely a lot on sponsorship, one player I know is on an incredible wage for Arbroath, plus the fact he will work full time it’s some income...

They have sold out there hospitality for the four games versus the Dundee teams, showing how much it means to there fans these types of games...

My original point is it’s a shame that a fantastic day out for dees and very nice payday for Arbroath could be blunted somewhat if we play them on a Friday night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markthedee said:

I don't know where you're getting this from but it's wrong - there is no additional money paid for being on TV.

The money paid by Sky, BT and the BBC is just part of the general prize pot.

The clubs all get a set figure from the BBC for agreeing there matches to be moved to a Friday night...

its maybe paid out together with prize money but it’s a totally different figure from the prize money...

its an absolute pittance of a tv deal.

Anyone remember the first ever time Dundee were live on the telly?

I recall one game against St Johnstone that ended 0-0 20-odd years ago. Might have been our first game on Sky.

5 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

few britneys,

Beers,

Cheers,

or

Tears?.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Anyone remember the first ever time Dundee were live on the telly?

I recall one game against St Johnstone that ended 0-0 20-odd years ago. Might have been our first game on Sky.

I recall a cup game against the diddies. It was in the very early days of Sky.....it may even have been in the days of BSkyB. Anyway, I think we lost an early goal and it was effectively game over🤬

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

You seem very concerned about a club that voted to get us relegated into their division just so that they could get decent gates a couple of times a season or that would happily have seen us go under if relegation to the third tier meant that. Still, they managed it when Rangers folded and their fans started following The Rangers.  

Short memories some people.

f**k Arbroath; like United they will not be seeing a single penny of the money I work hard for.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

You seem very concerned about a club that voted to get us relegated into their division just so that they could get decent gates a couple of times a season or that would happily have seen us go under if relegation to the third tier meant that. Still, they managed it when Rangers folded and their fans started following The Rangers.  

Short memories some people.

f**k Arbroath; like United they will not be seeing a single penny of the money I work hard for.

I’d support Dundee if they were playing a terrorist 11...

As a club these past 16 years, really don’t think we can take the moral high ground against clubs who have been ran  well and paid there way and there debts.

Bought your season ticket yet?

Not seen a thread on it for a while 🤔

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Beers,

Cheers,

or

Tears?.

Cheers always

5 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

You in Spain?.

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You in Spain?.

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You in Spain?.

Yes

But not at game 😎🍺😎

Edited by Mr Sensible

5 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

16 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You in Spain?.

He's Basqueing over there mate.

• Funny 1