The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
markthedee

Tv Games

Rate this topic

On 04/07/2019 at 16:45, Dondeh said:

We could have 2 home games on the trot  moved and on TV. Morton and the DABs.

And with the Morton game on BBC Scotland with a 19:05 k/o. The DAB game the following Friday would likely be on BT Sport or Sky with a 19:45 k/o.  ...?

Edited by Dondeh

On 05/07/2019 at 18:23, Dondeh said:

And with the Morton game on BBC Scotland with a 19:05 k/o. The DAB game the following Friday would likely be on BT Sport or Sky with a 19:45 k/o.  ...?

Hope to be in the Betfred semi final that weekend i.e. the Morton game weekend.

😉

The Dabs are still tormented by their Monday misery at Dens. Hopefully Friday will become the new Monday.

Can't wait until that August 30th. It's been too long since we faced the filth in a league game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

The Dabs are still tormented by their Monday misery at Dens. Hopefully Friday will become the new Monday.

Can't wait until that August 30th. It's been too long since we faced the filth in a league game.

Not long enough for me to be honest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not long enough for me to be honest.

Would you honestly rather watch Dundee v Hamilton than Dundee v United?

19 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Would you honestly rather watch Dundee v Hamilton than Dundee v United?

In terms of atmosphere then the DAB game wins. I've been to more Dundee/Hamilton games at home and away over recent years though because I can't stomach giving the DAB's my cash. Used to go there but at today's prices and after listening to the smug b*****d's sh**e and their model club, we pay our bills nonsense I decided to spend the money on something else. TV has made that a wee bit easier. 

If they were shut down it would be ideal as I'd not have the guilt of not going to watch my team play in Dundee.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

In terms of atmosphere then the DAB game wins. I've been to more Dundee/Hamilton games at home and away over recent years though because I can't stomach giving the DAB's my cash. Used to go there but at today's prices and after listening to the smug b*****d's sh**e and their model club, we pay our bills nonsense I decided to spend the money on something else. TV has made that a wee bit easier. 

If they were shut down it would be ideal as I'd not have the guilt of not going to watch my team play in Dundee.

The best thing for us, the city and Scottish football would have been for us to have been successful in our bid to stop them starting up in the first place.

But it is what it is and unfortunately I think Dundee and United need each other for those box office derbies.

On 04/07/2019 at 22:21, Cobra said:

Anyone remember the first ever time Dundee were live on the telly?

I recall one game against St Johnstone that ended 0-0 20-odd years ago. Might have been our first game on Sky.

Not sure if 100% accurate, but I have a memory of us being on TV against Hearts at Tynecastle and it was live on BskyB, pretty sure it was a midweek game, possibly around late 80s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Rumour going about that United are keeping the shed for there own fans for the upcoming derby....

sad if true.

That's a shame but not surprising going by the crowds they were getting for their play off games. Lets hope they get off to a bad start to the season and struggle to sell their tickets and then come crawling to us!

2 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

Rumour going about that United are keeping the shed for there own fans for the upcoming derby....

sad if true.

The shed's their Derry so not really surprising. 

On 05/07/2019 at 15:31, chomp my root said:

He's Basqueing over there mate.

Awe, that's Baader than Mein, Hopfully.

And we're off...

• Funny 1

Think the fixture is better served when it’s more split fan wise...

And unfortunately might lead to fans in wrong ends.

3 minutes ago, andrak said:

Awe, that's Baader than Mein, Hopfully.

And we're off...

Al Quida sworn that we'd finished with these puns.

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Al Quida sworn that we'd finished with these puns.

I thought we had too, but I'll be watching most games on the TV this season with my mate Carlos. The Jack'll stop the leaks with his wee red hands gangin' aboot all over the place.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, andrak said:

I thought we had too, but I'll be watching most games on the TV this season with my mate Carlos. The Jack'll stop the leaks with his wee red hands gangin' aboot all over the place.

Hamas longer are you going keep this up, I Klan go for ages yet.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Hamas longer are you going keep this up, I Klan go for ages yet.

I'll stop when it doesn't likud any more or when UDA'na

• Funny 1

Mau Mau, lets not turn this into a competition. I'm sure we can come to AN Compromise.

• Funny 1