The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

If I'm not mistaken the Scottish season officially starts on Tuesday night as Sarajevo host Celtic.

I'm guessing it's in Dundee's interests for Celtic to fail to reach the group stages as we don't want the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, etc getting £300k or whatever it is.

17 hours ago, Cobra said:

If I'm not mistaken the Scottish season officially starts on Tuesday night as Sarajevo host Celtic.

I'm guessing it's in Dundee's interests for Celtic to fail to reach the group stages as we don't want the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, etc getting £300k or whatever it is.

Aye, for a change it's potentially to the benefit of our club for our country's top team to exit europe asap....but when we're in the top league, we're (mostly) all for them progressing in order to feed our youth development funds. 

There's definitely something extremely illogical about that situation. :spock:  

Personally, I always like to see our clubs do as well as possible in europe, though our tangy neighbours made that a very difficult philosophy for me in those dark years around the mid-late 80's. 

I think we would still get the payment as it is for last year's Premier league teams. 

• Like 1

As ever, stick the payment and I hope they get absolutely pumped. 

• Like 2

It's goalless under the Rock in Gibraltar as Rangers face the mighty St Joseph's. Kamara started, Stewart on the bench.

3 hours ago, bob1962 said:

I think we would still get the payment as it is for last year's Premier league teams. 

Hmmm. Are you 100% sure about that?

4-0 Rangers. Tie over. 15 minutes to play. 

Rangers through to the next round.

Celtic have kicked off in Bosnia.

I'm still not entirely sure whether it's in Dundee's interests for Celtic to make the group stages. I might have a dig around old reports unless someone can say for certain on here what the score is.

Goal for Sarajevo. My coupon is looking bust already.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Hmmm. Are you 100% sure about that?

I think bob1962 may be right about that Cobra, I think I remember a discussion on this from the season after we relegated the arabs & they received a share of the payout. 

• Like 1

Killie's European DVD isn't going to be very long by the looks of things. 2-0 down at home to Welsh team Connah's Quay (3-2 on aggregate).

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Killie's European DVD isn't going to be very long by the looks of things. 2-0 down at home to Welsh team Connah's Quay (3-2 on aggregate).

And down to 10 men. Aberdeen's scraping thru also not good for Scottish football.

4 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

And down to 10 men. Aberdeen's scraping thru also not good for Scottish football.

What I don't understand is why Killie fans have been booing their team all second half, even when they were on course to go through.

If you are playing badly boos ringing in your eyes isn't going to make you play any better

Killie oot. Beaten at home by semi-pro Welsh outfit Connahs Quay. What a shocker.

10 hours ago, Double Blue said:

As Peter Houston said last night, if Aberdeen were in mid-season, as RoPS are, they'd have "wiped the floor" with them. However, they won both legs, were never behind, and over the 2 legs a combined 56-13 in attempts, 20-3 in corners....a big 'scrape' :P  

The Huns, though, fly the (wrong) flag for us, with a double-figures win....and now have the opportunity to show if they really have made any 'Progres' under Gerrard.

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

What I don't understand is why Killie fans have been booing their team all second half, even when they were on course to go through.

If you are playing badly boos ringing in your eyes isn't going to make you play any better

That kind of blue sky thinking will never catch on.