Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Whats Still Required ?

TC86

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Should be looking for 5/6:-

Goalkeeper, a full back, attacking midfielder, Left footed winger, Two strikers. Maybe even centre back regardless if the mythical Davies is spotted or not.

Think our starting 11 is decent, definitely title contenders but the lack of depth is frightening. Sure some of the kids are highly rated but its a big ask to have 16/17/18 years as cover for a full season even if they were all super doper wonderkids. I don't doubt though the kids will play their part.

The first month of the league campaign is massive, it is not only about the points on the board, it is about building our confidence and putting doubt in the minds of what are likely to be the title rivals. At this time the Dab’s have a head start, they have changed very little and are buoyed by the adding of Shankland whilst we are still to gel as a unit, I for one am glad that this game is 8 games away. Lots of positives to take from the pre season games and some of these are being able to identify what the issues are and still have time to fix these. Happy to see 1 maybe 2 youngsters as a max on the bench, we are 3 or 4 senior players short which includes a striker and a natural left sided mid fielder. On the goalkeeping front I think that JH has his opportunity to prove himself until the next transfer window, he is not the main priority, particularly with the defence and midfield that are now sitting in front of him. It bodes well for the new season and we have a first team 11 that is the strongest we have seen for at least 2 seasons. A work in progress

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

The first month of the league campaign is massive, it is not only about the points on the board, it is about building our confidence and putting doubt in the minds of what are likely to be the title rivals. At this time the Dab’s have a head start, they have changed very little and are buoyed by the adding of Shankland whilst we are still to gel as a unit, I for one am glad that this game is 8 games away. Lots of positives to take from the pre season games and some of these are being able to identify what the issues are and still have time to fix these. Happy to see 1 maybe 2 youngsters as a max on the bench, we are 3 or 4 senior players short which includes a striker and a natural left sided mid fielder. On the goalkeeping front I think that JH has his opportunity to prove himself until the next transfer window, he is not the main priority, particularly with the defence and midfield that are now sitting in front of him. It bodes well for the new season and we have a first team 11 that is the strongest we have seen for at least 2 seasons. A work in progress

100% ^^^^^^^ Never mind title rivals we need to see that the players that we have can win games at Dens. That's a must this year and our supporters need to be reassured that this season will be better. Winning at Dens is what matters IMO.

• Like 1

I'm happy with our progress so far and I'm confident we will have another couple in for the first league game. Any normal season before the Betfred cup and the middle of July is in the middle of pre season so not sure why we are expected to get all our business done in time for that, with still a good bit before the league starts

Key was to get a competitive side signed as early as possible Now we have time to improve the squad before league business

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

Very much agree. The scum have a full team, time together, manager, a big signing etc, so it is clear they should be favourites for the league (as they have been every season bar one they have been doon, and still very much doon). We are indeed a work in progress and will be a big ask it win the league regardless of what shape we are in. But there is plenty of positives through preseason, we have faced decent opposition (bar Brechin) and done well in all them by all accounts. The kids are very promising which is great for the future, the wee passage of play late on v Blackpool was genuine off the seat stuff - Cunningham, Cameron & Mulligan playing quick, sharp 1-2s ending with Mulligan driving 40/50 yards at their defence. Glorious.

Maybe this season is a bit early to win the league outright, Yinited overall look poor but they have the continuity and don't lose many goals, but there is no reason we shouldn't get the play offs and if we don't go up it should not be seen as a disaster. Keep the core squad together, add a bit more quality and the kids will have another year under their belt. For me I 100% want to win the league and get back straight away but we are work in progress so the fans should be disheartened if we don't. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pepe said:

Very much agree. The scum have a full team, time together, manager, a big signing etc, so it is clear they should be favourites for the league (as they have been every season bar one they have been doon, and still very much doon). We are indeed a work in progress and will be a big ask it win the league regardless of what shape we are in. But there is plenty of positives through preseason, we have faced decent opposition (bar Brechin) and done well in all them by all accounts. The kids are very promising which is great for the future, the wee passage of play late on v Blackpool was genuine off the seat stuff - Cunningham, Cameron & Mulligan playing quick, sharp 1-2s ending with Mulligan driving 40/50 yards at their defence. Glorious.

Maybe this season is a bit early to win the league outright, Yinited overall look poor but they have the continuity and don't lose many goals, but there is no reason we shouldn't get the play offs and if we don't go up it should not be seen as a disaster. Keep the core squad together, add a bit more quality and the kids will have another year under their belt. For me I 100% want to win the league and get back straight away but we are work in progress so the fans should be disheartened if we don't. 

As I keep saying,when in the last few weeks have the freaks doon the road become a force to be reckoned with as a lot on here are making out.Mates of mine are dabs and even they say they are sh**e,so I’ll take their word for it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mitch said:

As I keep saying,when in the last few weeks have the freaks doon the road become a force to be reckoned with as a lot on here are making out.Mates of mine are dabs and even they say they are sh**e,so I’ll take their word for it

Surprised to hear Mitch, you've got mates, who describe themselves as sh**e ... But there again, if they support "that heap" whit can they expect? ;) 

• Funny 1

38 minutes ago, mitch said:

Whilst the Dab’s Are a little in front in terms of a team gel, lets not forget they got beat by St Mirren, we lost to St Mirren in our last game with 10 men and with a side that is poor in comparison to what we are building now so there is nothing to be despondent about. If we can bring in an experienced striker I think that we will be the side to beat, once we get going. Our 4 cup games will test every part of our game with the game against ICT being a real test for us. Raith, Peterhead and Cove will be tough games however would expect us to win these based on hard graft rather than flair. 

I've been telling any Dab I meet that they are tied on favourites for the league,hopefully it gets their expectation sky high,and they all think it's going to be easy.Then the grenades start dropping in their deluded dayglo bunker,sand and sh**e everywhere.....................

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

50 minutes ago, mitch said:

They may very well be sh**e but it would be utterly stupid to disregard them at this stage. For what I did see off them on TV admittedly, they were sh**e. My pals that go to the dump really don't like the football as it is stinking but say its effective for picking up points in the Championship at least. They have the bigger squad, more experience, continuity of the squad that is why they are favourites.

For what it is worth, I think the top 4 will be Dundee, Them, Partick and Caley (in no particular order) and we should not underestimate any of them or any team in this league as we all should know how much a b*****d of a league it is.

• Like 2

We should be aiming to go straight back up, the longer you are in this league the worse it becomes, with parachute payments drying up..

Think with another 4 or 5 similar signings we will be in with a right chance of winning this league, they are a bang average side with a poor manager that the media love to big up.

Massive season coming up, have to give ourselves a chance, will know how big a chance with the signings in next couple of weeks.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 1

Adblock Detected