Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Balls

Napper

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
16 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Back on topic(ish) - what about the plastic Mitres that we used at school. When you got hit in the pus with one of them you stayed hit in the pus.

If it was cold and you got hit on the leg with a mitre that was  a real stinger. The mitres at Kirkton were like sandpaper. How pros now can't get past the front post with a corner using the balloons  they use now is  beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Parcbara said:

If it was cold and you got hit on the leg with a mitre that was  a real stinger. The mitres at Kirkton were like sandpaper. How pros now can't get past the front post with a corner using the balloons  they use now is  beyond me.

We did field at Riverside in the winter and a wallop from a Mouldmaster just added to the pain of a skinny wee laddie fae Charleston

They never seemed to be fully inflated either.

8 hours ago, Parcbara said:

It also seemed worse if it caught you through the nylon shorts we used to wear for PE at school, it hurt yer supposed mates as well as they always seemed doubled up when it happened. 😂

13 minutes ago, GSD said:

Dubbin and wintergreen,jotters for shinnies,cheengin ootside in January,cotton taps that weighed a ton when soaked.................😁

Now .... That eh can easily relate to GSD:chaplin:

Eh wis a bit short in the "skill department" but eh had a guid left fut & speed on meh side, so they stuck me on the left wing.

But in those days eh carried very little weight or/& muscle (skin & bone really) So if the rain came on & ptich really got heavy,

THEN BASICALLY EH COULNDNAE MOVE :wacko:

Certainly brings back fun memories. EVERTHING IN THEM DAYS, WAS  EITHER, HOME-MADE... OR BOUGHT, TO LAST FOREVER.

There wis never nae light-weight stuff aroond meh mither & dads hoose Being the youngest at that time eh got the hand-me doons.

Eh mind, asking meh mum if eh could get fitba boots for skale team (Tough times for near awebody then...it wisnae gonna happen)

Meh Grannie (Auntie) heard aboot meh plight & thought she were doin a guid turn, by buying me...A Pair o' Tackity Boots oot Coopy.

Wi' them on, I really couldnae move, whitever the weather wis like !!   Money wid hae been better spent on decent swimming trunks.

In them days, if/when money was short, it was either a case o' goin' swimmin' naked or wear the home-knitted kind yir granny made.

In truth it didnae make any difference whether you went public swimming naked or wore the wooly ains...Result ended up the same.

Once in watter got intae the Wooly Trunks, there was only one place in the watter they were gonna end up. BOTTOM O' THE POOL:jawdrop:

(Apologies for going off-topic):chaplin:

Adblock Detected