The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Lovejoy

Jim Goodwin-lucky Escape?.

Rate this topic

His St Mirren side 3-0 down at home to Dunfermline at h/t on his competitive debut as manager.😮

Dunfermline looking good.. perhaps they are made to look good by a horrendous St Mirren..

3-2 now … Poor defending from the Pars

Full time 2 -3 . Fight back came too late.

Presumably MacKay at least, would have been there?. 

4 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Full time 2 -3 . Fight back came too late.

Presumably MacKay at least, would have been there?. 

I'm guessing we'd have had one or two watching. I'd imagine Dave Mackay will only be on his Jack Jones when we're playing and he's watching the following weeks opponents at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'm guessing we'd have had one or two watching. I'd imagine Dave Mackay will only be on his Jack Jones when we're playing and he's watching the following weeks opponents at the same time.

Yep, as it's a 'day off'. Would anticipate both JMP and MacKay at the game.

Our game at their joint is now looking a bit more difficult. 

26 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Our game at their joint is now looking a bit more difficult. 

It was always going to be difficult. Can't imagine a more difficult first game of the season.

Live on TV too.

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

It was always going to be difficult. Can't imagine a more difficult first game of the season.

Live on TV too.

The early games are always a bit of a gamble, all the teams are trying to suss out the others. I think its too early to worry about it, but its what football fans do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Live on TV too.

Going to East End Park on first day of the season is a more difficult trip than say Celtic Park, Tannadice, Caledonian Stadium, Tynecastle or Ibrox?

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Going to East End Park on first day of the season is a more difficult trip than say Celtic Park, Tannadice, Caledonian Stadium, Tynecastle or Ibrox?

PB -  I'd imagine Dondeh meant THIS season so Celtic Park, Tynecastle and Ibrox would be non-starters.  That said, EEP wouldn't be top of my list of difficult 1st games

11 hours ago, chomp my root said:

The early games are always a bit of a gamble, all the teams are trying to suss out the others. I think its too early to worry about it, but its what football fans do.

Funnily enough, we started off with a defeat at Dumfries and were pretty awful when we won the league last time round. It was 4-3 but 2 of the goals were a youngster in the QotS goal struggling a bit and we were pretty comfortably beat then stuttered through a couple of cup ties against Forfar. There was no point where we actually looked good until a 3-0 win over Hamilton in November but we'd been quietly going about our business and getting points on the board by stealth.

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

PB -  I'd imagine Dondeh meant THIS season so Celtic Park, Tynecastle and Ibrox would be non-starters.  That said, EEP wouldn't be top of my list of difficult 1st games

Last time I checked none of those grounds are on our schedule this season, but hey ho 🙄 

Edited by Dondeh

Our record at East End is pretty horrendous, we couldn’t even win with Caniggia.

Dunfermline usually start season well and fall away.

Away win it is then 😀

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

Last time I checked none of those grounds are on our schedule this season, but hey ho 🙄 

Yep...that was the point I was making! 🤔

• Like 1

Back on topic, sort of, I wouldn't judge McPake after 1 competitive game so I wont do it with Goodwin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Yep...that was the point I was making! 🤔

I know HKB.  Cheers 👍

• Thanks 1

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:50, HK Blues said:

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:03, Dondeh said:

This season wasn't mentioned.

Pretty sure we're scheduled to go to Tannadice and Caledonian Stadium so once again you're talking nonsense.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

This season wasn't mentioned.

Pretty sure we're scheduled to go to Tannadice and Caledonian Stadium so once again you're talking nonsense.

Well, we are going to EEP on the 1st day of this season so I'd say it was clear enough 

5 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Well, we are going to EEP on the 1st day of this season so I'd say it was clear enough 

Yeah. And EEP much tougher than Parkhead, Ibrox and Tynecastle 🤣🤣