The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Dondeh

Cove Rangers V Dundee 17th July 2019

Rate this topic

If the attitude is right, can't see anything other than 2 wins on the bounce.

Interesting pre match 10 minute interview with JMP on DEETV today. Not one of the assembled 'journos' asked about the availability of the team/squad for Wednesday in terms of aftermath of the Raith game:-

Same/different?

Injuries etc etc ?.   

Edited by Dondeh

• Like 1

According to Official, we only have 200 tickets left. Don't know how many we had. Warning not to travel as there will be none on the night.

I'd imagine Forster and Curran will get a runout and possibly one of the young lads.

3 hours ago, Dondeh said:

If the attitude is right, can't see anything other than 2 wins on the bounce.

Interesting pre match 10 minute interview with JMP on DEETV today. Not one of the assembled 'journos' asked about the availability of the team/squad for Wednesday in terms of aftermath of the Raith game:-

Same/different?

Injuries etc etc ?.   

Don't think there were any 'journos' there.

24/7 Scotland do these videos for Dee Tv and I'd assume the questions are managed.

2 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

According to Official, we only have 200 tickets left. Don't know how many we had. Warning not to travel as there will be none on the night.

We were given 800.

Gents, I am gutted, I stay in Cove , a mile from the ground and I mobilise back offshore on Wednesday, missing the game. 🤮🤮🤮

10 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents, I am gutted, I stay in Cove , a mile from the ground and I mobilise back offshore on Wednesday, missing the game. 🤮🤮🤮

Sore one mate. 

13 hours ago, Garageflower said:

Don't think there were any 'journos' there.

24/7 Scotland do these videos for Dee Tv and I'd assume the questions are managed.

Although 24/7 have a contract to produce the DeeTV content, these pre-match interviews are the standard weekly (thursday for weekend games) pre-match press interviews, which usually involve DCT, local radio, BBC, STV. Their voice recorders are on the table....only 2 this week (think the orange one is local radio?), so likely some of the regulars were on holiday.

The questions are generally fairly tame, certainly not 'pushy' in the slightest, more like a friendly chat.

I've no idea if questions are managed in advance, or at least any 'taboo' topic is made clear to attendees, but I'm fairly sure NM would be likely to have made it clear what he wasn't prepared to discuss! 

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've seen the pre-match press conference discussed a few times and thought I'd explain what happens.

On a week day, usual a Thursday we invite the press in to speak to the manager and a player.

This press conference is split into two rooms, one the written press and one the broadcast press.

For DEETV we set up a camera and film the broadcast one and put the full thing on for subscribers. The questions asked are normally from STV, BBC, Radio Tay, Wave and 24/7 Scotland (who are a freelance company).

24/7 Scotland are nothing to do with the club at all and don't produce any content for us, on occasion we have helped each other out with footage if there have been issues on either side as they also film the full conference.

The journalists are free to ask anything they want although on rare occasion, they are told prior to the presser starting that certain subjects won't be discuss, usually this just is forewarning that they will get a 'no comment' answer to those questions.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, tommydfc said:

Hi all,

I've seen the pre-match press conference discussed a few times and thought I'd explain what happens.

On a week day, usual a Thursday we invite the press in to speak to the manager and a player.

This press conference is split into two rooms, one the written press and one the broadcast press.

For DEETV we set up a camera and film the broadcast one and put the full thing on for subscribers. The questions asked are normally from STV, BBC, Radio Tay, Wave and 24/7 Scotland (who are a freelance company).

24/7 Scotland are nothing to do with the club at all and don't produce any content for us, on occasion we have helped each other out with footage if there have been issues on either side as they also film the full conference.

The journalists are free to ask anything they want although on rare occasion, they are told prior to the presser starting that certain subjects won't be discuss, usually this just is forewarning that they will get a 'no comment' answer to those questions.

So whats up with Andrew Davies then, from an availabilty perspective, not why he is absent of course.

47 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

So whats up with Andrew Davies then, from an availabilty perspective, not why he is absent of course.

"No Comment"   :)  

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, tommydfc said:

Hi all,

Oh and Tommy,

I sent an email to [email protected] last week but have not heard back. Does amyone monitor that mailbox?

17 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Saw you at Dens at the Blackpool game if you are the same Cape Huggs from Cove that I'm thinking of ? 

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

He trained this morning.

34 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Oh and Tommy,

I sent an email to [email protected] last week but have not heard back. Does amyone monitor that mailbox?

Don't think that one is in use. [email protected] is the best one to use.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chrisbp said:

Saw you at Dens at the Blackpool game if you are the same Cape Huggs from Cove that I'm thinking of ? 

Yip, the same one. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tommydfc said:

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know Tommy.

3 hours ago, tommydfc said:

He trained this morning.

Don't think that one is in use. [email protected] is the best one to use.

Cheers, I sent a thank you to the generic email address last season after my missus took a turn and the stewards, paramedics and club doctor were brilliant. I didn't get anything back and was a little surprised. On a positive note, it was the game Ayr tore us a new one and I missed most of their goals. :lol2:

49 tickets left at close of business today. Gutted that I'm working until 7pm or would've been there.