Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Cove Rangers V Dundee 17th July 2019

Dondeh

5 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Ooft, you can’t say that, that’s an Arab line. 

A deserved draw for Cove and a bonus point in the bag for us. A good evening on the road considering we’ve had far worse.  

You're right of course. Technically we drew tonight.

Still, it is a bit weird that a shoot-out win doesn't mean a win. Not sure that exists in any other competition.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Ooft, you can’t say that, that’s an Arab line. 

A deserved draw for Cove and a bonus point in the bag for us. A good evening on the road considering we’ve had far worse.  

Gents, there was also another bonus in that we have confused the feck out of Jim McInally the Peterheid Manager who I was directly sitting behind in the main stand,  as he doesn’t have a clue after tonight’s game which Dundee team his side will see This coming weekend. 🤣

1 hour ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

A bit gutted and probably a bit ahead of myself but wanted to end up one of the best 4 league winners so avoid the 4 teams playing in Europe in last 16!

Still within us to achieve that...two home wins & we'd be 1 point short of the maximum.

[edit:] Ross County, Partick, Dunfermline & Arbroath only ones with 6 points & still have hard games to play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents, there was also another bonus in that we have confused the feck out of Jim McInally the Peterheid Manager who I was directly sitting behind in the main stand,  as he doesn’t have a clue after tonight’s game which Dundee team his side will see This coming weekend. 🤣

I trust you added to Jim's confusion by mentioning a wee list of extra players we don't actually have.

How does he plan to cope with Berbatov?

....but he's no more confused than the typical Dundee fan is, right now! :)  

Just now, Aberdee said:

There was a bit of heated exchange at the end between PH and JMcP. Right in front of the stand. Certain it ended with McP calling him a dick. Anyone else catch that?

Oh dear!

What kind of reception did PH get from the 600?

It’s a reality check, nothing more, nothing less. After Saturday some thought the league was done and dusted, after tonight some have us on the brink of a disaster. Bottom line is that we are still a work in progress, we have a good starting eleven but we need 3/4 new players to give us strength in depth, esp in the attacking positions. I’m sure McPake is working away behind the scenes and will be doing everything he can to get the players, of the required quality, in to the club. If we can get through to the next round of the cup with this pool of players it will be job done.

Some folks also getting excited about Dunfermline tonight, couple of points there, they started last season well, like qos, but look where it got them, also they were at home to Albion rovers not home to to a decent top flight club. 

Saturday will give us a better indication of how good our first eleven is as ICT will be a tough team to beat in the league (and cup), I also expect Meekings to come back in and I’d expect McDaid to start also and we might even have a new signing or two into the squad.

• Like 5

Nothing new tonight-pushed out of our stride by a supposedly inferior team who worked hard and were physical.

Happens to us numerous times over the past few years-difference tonight is that we did not lose.

I thought with the big changeover of players we might have put that problem behind us-but it’ looks like it’s still there.

Do the senior players remaining contribute to that mindset/do they need to be moved on to??

Dont know the answer but At least that’s two clean sheets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mev said:

The BBC have finally updated the group and now have us top on 5 points and above Peterhead on goal difference.  No idea why it takes them longer than everyone else to update the table.

Staff cuts for years, resource issues...but they still have five twats talking about games on a Saturday on the radio.

Adblock Detected