Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Peterhead Sat 20th July 2019

5 minutes ago, gblue said:

We must be bad when some of our fans are saying Curran play well 😂

Thought he did, he held the ball up better than against Cove. Won some important challenges high up the pitch as well. 

Edited by OsloDee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Positives: Hamilton, Forster, Meekings, Robertson especially (the lad is just quality for someone so young, oozes class in his passing and always available, never hides etc..)  gowser was decent too. Another clean sheet which will do wonders for jack’s confidence between the sticks.

Negatives: well... far too slow on the ball all game, urgency lacking from a few.. Mcdaid doesn’t look great but it’s early days for him, missing that creative spark against a well organised side and the one up top just didn’t work, really could have done with Curran coming on earlier to give Nelson that help up there..

echo the sentiments of needing at least 4-5 new faces in there, 2 strikers, another winger and a creative player in midfield..

positives that we are top of the section despite not being overwhelming in the last two games.. we move on and hope we see some new blood added to the squad this week

DDYB  

Just now, WoodStein said:

Marginally better than the St.Mirren one, I suspect :) 

WS, i guess you could be right there, Stats for St Mirren show they had 22 attempts on goal against East Kilbride and still lost on Penalties, glad to say we didnt get Goodwin.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

25 years ago there was a huge gulf in class between the stronger teams and the teams in the lower leagues. That gap doesn't exist anymore and hard work alone can make life difficult for the likes of Dundee and St Johnstone especially at this time of year when players are lacking sharpness.

I would expect us to comfortably beat Peterhead in the Scottish Cup later in the season because we'd be more fluid and our better players would be harder for them to stop.

Aye but surely the opposition are lacking the same sharpness and we are working as hard as them therefore skill should prevail. I know its simplistic but...

As dissapointed tonight as I was delighted last week. Just knew from the first 5 mins that it was going to be a poor game. Really worrying that we're already relying on a 16yo boy for inspiration. If Mcallister hadn't have got injured then we would have lost that game. The general atmosphere in the Derry was really worrying as it wasn't good and was bordering on booing. We simply have to get 4 or 5 players. 

Hamilton - steady enough, clean sheets will be doing wonders for his confidence. Still to be convinced by him but hopeful. 

Marshall - plenty of effort but again still to be convinced. 

Meekings - played OK. Need to keep him fit. 

Forster - hmmmm. Played poor today. Distribution was woeful. Will get better imo. 

Kerr- thought he played decent. Crossing has improved but then again it couldn't have got any worse. Great engine on him. 

Byrne- quiet game. Missed Ness beside him. Rarely loses the ball and is another one who must stay fit. 

Robertson - keep forgetting he's only 16. Played well and was always looking for the right pass. Early days but looks a player. Needs to be managed though. 

Mcdaid -  was quiet today. Didn't get much service so will reserve judgement on him. 

Mulligan - felt sorry for the boy. Effort was there but was never going to be his day. On another day he/team might have performed better so at least he's getting experience. 

McGowan - thought he played well. We need him more than any other player at this moment in time. Heartbeat of the team. 

Nelson- clearly needs help. Got frustrated today and was lucky not to get booked. Will score plenty goals if giving the service. 

The most worrying aspect of today was my son has already said he's not wanting to go to the Inverness game. It was a brutal game so can't really blame him. We simply must get players in now as can't keep expecting 16yo boys to step up. I would expect 3 or 4 signings this week as need to bed them in before the league starts. 

28 minutes ago, charliedee said:

that was f**cking brutal...not much else to say.

A lot of extremely worried fans walking up the Provie Road after that DIRE, utterly inexcusable performance for the second game running, Zero goals scored against two part time teams, in 180 minutes played, only pass marks to young Finlay Robertson and Jack Hamilton, the rest of that pitiful lot, should look at themselves, in the mirror tonight and ask, did I do enough to earn my wages the past two games, answer NO and have I cheated the Dundee Supporters, with my pitiful displays, answer YES and to think, I and others are paying £20 more this season, than the last one, to watch that boring Crap, Ground Hog days all over again, Zero pace going forward from midfield yet again and that McDaid, never found a Dundee player, from his Laughable free kicks and struggles to get past players and get crosses in, total waste of a wage. To stay up and get to mid table, we require the minimum of 6 players, of better quality, than the ones signed up till now.

Adblock Detected