The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Garageflower

Dundee V Peterhead Sat 20th July 2019

Rate this topic

Go for the jugular and get the win

Hamilton

McGhee, Meekings, Forster

Kerr, Byrne, McGowan, McDaid

May, Nelson, Cummings

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Funny 1

22 minute pre match interview on DEETV with Meekings (8 mins) and JMP (14 mins). A lot of it was nothing to do with the upcoming game, a lot about Strachan (perhaps not unexpected).

Imo JMP only lightened up right at the end when he talked about the impending birth of his next child and he may not be in the dugout. He was at last asked about team news late on in the interview (Q: injuries andĀ suspensions????), and there was an uneasy silence before he finally said 'Ness'. And will he be assessedĀ tomorrow.Ā 

9 hours ago, mitch said:

Iā€™m just off the phone to club shop and was told that you can only pay into the main stand and that a ticket is required for the BC and SE

Deffo PATG in Main Stand and Bobby Cox tomorrow.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

22 minute pre match interview on DEETV with Meekings (8 mins) and JMP (14 mins). A lot of it was nothing to do with the upcoming game, a lot about Strachan (perhaps not unexpected).

Imo JMP only lightened up right at the end when he talked about the impending birth of his next child and he may not be in the dugout. He was at last asked about team news late on in the interview (Q: injuries andĀ suspensions????), and there was an uneasy silence before he finally said 'Ness'. And will he be assessedĀ tomorrow.Ā 

I just wonder if JMP is a bit anxiousĀ about GS and DM looking over his shoulder, Ā heĀ is the boss and must be allowed to get on with things.

GS has been the centre of attraction for the last week and hopefully itā€™s theĀ team that will be in theĀ headlines with a win this weekend.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tommydfc said:

Deffo PATG in Main Stand and Bobby Cox tomorrow.

Thank goodness as I'm working until 1 & stay out of town.

My forecast is Dundee 4-0 Peterhead.Ā  We are overdue a good result against the bluetooners.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Mev said:

My forecast is Dundee 4-0 Peterhead.Ā  We are overdue a good result against the bluetooners.Ā 

I know we beat them 2-0 recently but our second goal was scored in injury time and it wasn't as good a result as the scoreline suggested.

Iā€™ll go 3-0Ā 

Another clean sheet for Jack (shut out king) Hamilton, a Meekings header, nelson volley and one in off Craig Curranā€™s a**e šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

6 minutes ago, Mev said:

I know we beat them 2-0 recently but our second goal was scored in injury time and it wasn't as good a result as the scoreline suggested.

Like Cove Rangers, a hard working side who will work their socks off to shut us down, far more space for us at Dens, the organisation of MeekingsĀ back in the side I would suggest 3-1 Dundee.Ā 

Glad this is at home as the wider pitch will suit us. Peterhead will be a well drilled unit and will make it hard for us as well as creating there own chances, but Iā€™m going for a 2 v 0 win with Nelson getting the first and young Cameron getting the second after coming on from the bench.

6 minutes ago, bjs said:

Glad this is at home as the wider pitch will suit us. Peterhead will be a well drilled unit and will make it hard for us as well as creating there own chances, but Iā€™m going for a 2 v 0 win with Nelson getting the first and young Cameron getting the second after coming on from the bench.

bjs, i going to stick my neck out and suggest that Nelson will be well marked today, leave space forĀ Curran toĀ double his Dundee account today.

3 nil Dundee. Mcgowan, Nelson and Mcghee.Ā 

JMP not in dugout today. At the hospital with his wife. All the best to both.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

JMP not in dugout today. At the hospital with his wife. All the best to both.

Needs to better plan his breeding. McPake out!

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Needs to better plan his breeding. McPake out!

Post match interview: So, will the new arrival kick start Ā your season ?.