The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Five Players Required.

Rate this topic

We need five players to bolster this poor squad.

A message for all concerned, if we are going to sign guys of a similar quality to today’s team, please don’t bother.

• Wowzer 1
  • Star Post 1

Was Ralph not considered hopelessly out of his depth his time last year?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He was the best of a bad bunch, today our team looked as bad as anything seen under the last three managers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He was, on the strength of half an hour against Dunfermline.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not so - this time last year at Stirling I thought Ralph definitely had something about him and looked a decent prospect. 

Having said that I also thought Elton looked a player as well. 😀

2 hours ago, Attilio said:

Having said that I also thought Elton looked a player as well. 😀

And he turned out to be a rocket .

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

We need five players to bolster this poor squad.

A message for all concerned, if we are going to sign guys of a similar quality to today’s team, please don’t bother.

While I wasn't there yesterday I can't help but feel this might be a bit of an overreaction. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Star Post 1

Yesterday was very poor, yet we picked up 2 points. (What's our record for competitive clean sheets?)

And I have decided who I'll be booing all season...….McD……..the barsteward refs!

35 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

While I wasn't there yesterday I can't help but feel this might be a bit of an overreaction. 

It’s absolutely not, if we want to challenge we need a squad capable of doing so, this isn’t at the minute. 

The young lads have done well but if that was a championship side yesterday we would have been rolled over. 

Interested as to why it’s seen as an overreaction, pretty much the thoughts of all of the group I went with yesterday  

5 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

It’s absolutely not, if we want to challenge we need a squad capable of doing so, this isn’t at the minute. 

The young lads have done well but if that was a championship side yesterday we would have been rolled over. 

Interested as to why it’s seen as an overreaction, pretty much the thoughts of all of the group I went with yesterday  

Have a look at some of the results yesterday, have a look at some throughout the League Cup campaign. Then dry your eyes.

35 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Have a look at some of the results yesterday, have a look at some throughout the League Cup campaign. Then dry your eyes.

Dry my eyes....

Wow 

love to say I expected better......

A different opinion to you? 

How very dare I 😂

if this was the squad we were going with then of course we should all be worried, but it isn’t, I said weeks ago we still needed 4/5 players and I stand by that...

1 more defender (if Davies goes)

2 creative players type players

2 strikers....

• Like 6
  • Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

if this was the squad we were going with then of course we should all be worried, but it isn’t, I said weeks ago we still needed 4/5 players and I stand by that...

1 more defender (if Davies goes)

2 creative players type players

2 strikers....

It’s a double edged thing for me. 

I like the way that Mcpake is seemingly taking his time and getting in players he sees as the right type. 

Just wish it would happen quicker 😂😂

Just now, offshoredee said:

I like the way that Mcpake is seemingly taking his time and getting in players he sees as the right type. 

That's what I've said on the transfer thread, I'm all for mcpake taking his time and not rushing into things but it's getting a bit on the desperate side now. We need players in now imo

4 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Agree.....guys like May have to make a decision sooner rather than later or the club has to move on...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

That's what I've said on the transfer thread, I'm all for mcpake taking his time and not rushing into things but it's getting a bit on the desperate side now. We need players in now imo

Ideally I’m sure he’d like to have them all in. I guess it’s an indication of the players we will be in for. 

The Dunfermline game isn’t far away tho, would like to think we’d have at least 2/3 by then 

Just now, offshoredee said:

Ideally I’m sure he’d like to have them all in. I guess it’s an indication of the players we will be in for. 

The Dunfermline game isn’t far away tho, would like to think we’d have at least 2/3 by then 

Preferably 2 strikers and a no10 type. 

8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Nelson needs someone up there with him I think-I’m not sure McGowan has the legs for a season of being the midfielder looking to support. 

Still like another wide option and a couple of strikers. 

Fingers crossed

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Nelson needs someone up there with him I think-I’m not sure McGowan has the legs for a season of being the midfielder looking to support. 

Still like another wide option and a couple of strikers. 

Fingers crossed