Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Five Players Required.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

We need five players to bolster this poor squad.

A message for all concerned, if we are going to sign guys of a similar quality to today’s team, please don’t bother.

  • Wowzer 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Ralph not considered hopelessly out of his depth his time last year?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Was Ralph not considered hopelessly out of his depth his time last year?

He was the best of a bad bunch, today our team looked as bad as anything seen under the last three managers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Was Ralph not considered hopelessly out of his depth his time last year?

He was, on the strength of half an hour against Dunfermline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cobra said:

Was Ralph not considered hopelessly out of his depth his time last year?

Not so - this time last year at Stirling I thought Ralph definitely had something about him and looked a decent prospect. 

Having said that I also thought Elton looked a player as well. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Attilio said:

 

Having said that I also thought Elton looked a player as well. 😀

And he turned out to be a rocket .

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

We need five players to bolster this poor squad.

A message for all concerned, if we are going to sign guys of a similar quality to today’s team, please don’t bother.

While I wasn't there yesterday I can't help but feel this might be a bit of an overreaction. 

 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was very poor, yet we picked up 2 points. (What's our record for competitive clean sheets?)

And I have decided who I'll be booing all season...….McD……..the barsteward refs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

While I wasn't there yesterday I can't help but feel this might be a bit of an overreaction. 

 

It’s absolutely not, if we want to challenge we need a squad capable of doing so, this isn’t at the minute. 

The young lads have done well but if that was a championship side yesterday we would have been rolled over. 

Interested as to why it’s seen as an overreaction, pretty much the thoughts of all of the group I went with yesterday  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

It’s absolutely not, if we want to challenge we need a squad capable of doing so, this isn’t at the minute. 

The young lads have done well but if that was a championship side yesterday we would have been rolled over. 

Interested as to why it’s seen as an overreaction, pretty much the thoughts of all of the group I went with yesterday  

 

 

Have a look at some of the results yesterday, have a look at some throughout the League Cup campaign. Then dry your eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

While I wasn't there yesterday I can't help but feel this might be a bit of an overreaction. 

 

It’s absolutely not, if we want to challenge we need a squad capable of doing so, this isn’t at the minute. 

The young lads have done well but if that was a championship side yesterday we would have been rolled over. 

Interested as to why it’s seen as an overreaction, pretty much the thoughts of all of the group I went with yesterday  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Have a look at some of the results yesterday, have a look at some throughout the League Cup campaign. Then dry your eyes.

Dry my eyes....

Wow 

love to say I expected better......

 

A different opinion to you? 

How very dare I 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this was the squad we were going with then of course we should all be worried, but it isn’t, I said weeks ago we still needed 4/5 players and I stand by that...

1 more defender (if Davies goes)

2 creative players type players

2 strikers....

  • Like 6
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

if this was the squad we were going with then of course we should all be worried, but it isn’t, I said weeks ago we still needed 4/5 players and I stand by that...

1 more defender (if Davies goes)

2 creative players type players

2 strikers....

It’s a double edged thing for me. 

I like the way that Mcpake is seemingly taking his time and getting in players he sees as the right type. 

Just wish it would happen quicker 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, offshoredee said:

It’s a double edged thing for me. 

I like the way that Mcpake is seemingly taking his time and getting in players he sees as the right type. 

Just wish it would happen quicker 😂😂

That's what I've said on the transfer thread, I'm all for mcpake taking his time and not rushing into things but it's getting a bit on the desperate side now. We need players in now imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

It’s a double edged thing for me. 

I like the way that Mcpake is seemingly taking his time and getting in players he sees as the right type. 

Just wish it would happen quicker 😂😂

Agree.....guys like May have to make a decision sooner rather than later or the club has to move on...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

That's what I've said on the transfer thread, I'm all for mcpake taking his time and not rushing into things but it's getting a bit on the desperate side now. We need players in now imo

Ideally I’m sure he’d like to have them all in. I guess it’s an indication of the players we will be in for. 

The Dunfermline game isn’t far away tho, would like to think we’d have at least 2/3 by then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, offshoredee said:

Ideally I’m sure he’d like to have them all in. I guess it’s an indication of the players we will be in for. 

The Dunfermline game isn’t far away tho, would like to think we’d have at least 2/3 by then 

Preferably 2 strikers and a no10 type. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Preferably 2 strikers and a no10 type. 

Nelson needs someone up there with him I think-I’m not sure McGowan has the legs for a season of being the midfielder looking to support. 

Still like another wide option and a couple of strikers. 

Fingers crossed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Preferably 2 strikers and a no10 type. 

Nelson needs someone up there with him I think-I’m not sure McGowan has the legs for a season of being the midfielder looking to support. 

Still like another wide option and a couple of strikers. 

Fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.