The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Sensible

1st League Game

Rate this topic

At Dunfermline 

£20 to get in...

I know it’s been done to death, but reasonable pricing from the Pars.

• Like 2

I see the official site is advertising tickets, hopefully PATG as well?

10 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

At Dunfermline 

£20 to get in...

I suppose we could charge the same but then we'd need to cut our cloth accordingly

16 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

At Dunfermline 

£20 to get in...

Tenner for a Bridie though.😁

16 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I suppose we could charge the same but then we'd need to cut our cloth accordingly

If we had better recruitment these past 3 years we could have passed on savings to the fans, rather than pay off all the misfits.

9 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

If we had better recruitment these past 3 years we could have passed on savings to the fans, rather than pay off all the misfits.

All payoffs were covered by investment and transferred into shares. So doubt it. 

8 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

All payoffs were covered by investment and transferred into shares. So doubt it. 

Money still comes out the club whatever way you dress it up....

20 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

If I understand correctly,  losses are being covered by the owners so I doubt they would be willing to pass any savings on to the fans - it's not like we are making a profit.   

1 minute ago, HK Blues said:

If I understand correctly,  losses are being covered by the owners so I doubt they would be willing to pass any savings on to the fans - it's not like we are making a profit.   

No but having pay offs won’t help those losses.

23 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

No but having pay offs won’t help those losses.

Clearly - but I doubt that if the pay-offs weren't required the BoD would be willing to add to their losses by reducing ticket prices.  Quite simply, for a whole host of reasons we run at a loss and I doubt that any BoD would be reducing income in such a situation.  

11 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Clearly - but I doubt that if the pay-offs weren't required the BoD would be willing to add to their losses by reducing ticket prices.  Quite simply, for a whole host of reasons we run at a loss and I doubt that any BoD would be reducing income in such a situation.  

I just fear for the crowds this season if we don’t get out the blocks fast, season ticket sales are reportedly down, and with the club asking £24 to watch championship football, it’s imperative we make a fast start to keep punters interested.

I know it’s only £4 from our gate price to Dunfermline, but when it gets to a certain price (esp if we are playing poorly) then walk up punters will vote with there feet.

Just to add that I think Keyes has done a good job in my eyes, but I would hate to see sub 4000 crowds at Dens this season which is entirely possible.

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

I just fear for the crowds this season if we don’t get out the blocks fast, season ticket sales are reportedly down, and with the club asking £24 to watch championship football, it’s imperative we make a fast start to keep punters interested.

I know it’s only £4 from our gate price to Dunfermline, but when it gets to a certain price (esp if we are playing poorly) then walk up punters will vote with there feet.

Just to add that I think Keyes has done a good job in my eyes, but I would hate to see sub 4000 crowds at Dens this season which is entirely possible.

Sadly Mr S., the lower the crowds fall the higher the ticket prices may become.

Whilst we don't necessarily need a good start to appease the punters, it certainly helps.  We have already seen the signs based on the last 2 games that we remain a demanding bunch despite only being 3 competitive games in, undefeated and no goals conceded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

I'd be surprised if our crowds were not sub 4000 to be honest. The average will be boosted by the derbies, but for run of the mill games, 3500 is highly possible in my opinion unless we are neck and neck with United chasing for the title. I only get back to Dundee a few times a year but paying £24 to watch Arbroath and the likes does not really appeal.

33 minutes ago, ChinaDee said:

I'd be surprised if our crowds were not sub 4000 to be honest. The average will be boosted by the derbies, but for run of the mill games, 3500 is highly possible in my opinion unless we are neck and neck with United chasing for the title. I only get back to Dundee a few times a year but paying £24 to watch Arbroath and the likes does not really appeal.

I realise that it costs money to run a football club, especially if it is not well run (continual pay-offs), but I do not think John Nelms is in touch with the reality of fans financial position hence the unrealistic asking price of £24. 

45 minutes ago, ChinaDee said:

If we are top of the league or thereabouts and playing well, then the admission fee becomes less of an issue for me....

Last thing we need is being mid table struggling to win at home and playing relatively negative football like Saturday, then crowds will take a hit....

Think every game bar the derby is run of the mill hence we need a quick start to get the punters on side quickly.

6 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

If we are top of the league or thereabouts and playing well, then the admission fee becomes less of an issue for me....

Last thing we need is being mid table struggling to win at home and playing relatively negative football like Saturday, then crowds will take a hit....

Think every game bar the derby is run of the mill hence we need a quick start to get the punters on side quickly.

We have a new manager, a new team, an incomplete squad. It's probably going to be a real struggle to stay in touch at the top between now and Christmas.

• Star Post 2

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

We have a new manager, a new team, an incomplete squad. It's probably going to be a real struggle to stay in touch at the top between now and Christmas.

Really? Most fans I know expect at the very least a promotion challenge...

4/5 players in and that’s the bare minimum for me.

25 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Really? Most fans I know expect at the very least a promotion challenge...

4/5 players in and that’s the bare minimum for me.

I was hopeful about a promotion challenge but I'm starting to think we'll struggle to win games in the months ahead.

Dave McKay said we've got to try and work out how to deal with teams like Cove and Peterhead. If we're going to toil against the likes of Arbroath and Alloa and the rest of the league is full of half-decent players, settled teams and experienced managers, you can see how this might turn out to be a very difficult season.

• Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I was hopeful about a promotion challenge but I'm starting to think we'll struggle to win games in the months ahead.

Dave McKay said we've got to try and work out how to deal with teams like Cove and Peterhead. If we're going to toil against the likes of Arbroath and Alloa and the rest of the league is full of half-decent players, settled teams and experienced managers, you can see how this might turn out to be a very difficult season.

Every team in this league probably bar Alloa and Arbroath probably think they have a chance of going up automatically...

United are 1/3 not to win the league, which shows you despite having heavy investment the bookies think it’s less than likely they will win it...

It will be tough, but we have to be in the mix.

27 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Every team in this league probably bar Alloa and Arbroath probably think they have a chance of going up automatically...

United are 1/3 not to win the league, which shows you despite having heavy investment the bookies think it’s less than likely they will win it...

It will be tough, but we have to be in the mix.

I don't think the bookies have a clue what's going to happen. They're just setting the odds to ensure they don't lose money.

They've got us at 4/1 which is pretty atrocious value. Our manager has yet to manage a league game and we don't seem to have the players or gameplan to create chances with 10 days until the first game.

• Like 1