The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Hillydfc

New Sports Scientist Appointment

Rate this topic

Basically swapped places with Ross Hughes it seems. 

Think theKillie boss let some of the staff go.

Feckin scientists now! What next?.................. a player maybe😂

• Funny 5

5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Basically swapped places with Ross Hughes it seems. 

Think theKillie boss let some of the staff go.

Think you are correct bud

5 minutes ago, sneddee said:

can he score goals? lol

I would think so ....

It's No Rocket Science ;)

• Funny 5
  • Star Post 1

15 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

FFS wull soon hae mair eggheads thin players.

Nah. Hughes left to joint Killie so just filling the vacancy . A key position for the right person imo. Having said that, going by  Curran's recent admission wtf was Hughes doing last season?.

2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Nah. Hughes left to joint Killie so just filling the vacancy . A key position for the right person imo. Having said that, going by  Curran's recent admission wtf was Hughes doing last season?.

Been away for a while, so  not up to date. Can you expand on the Curran bit a wee bit more please.

15 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Been away for a while, so  not up to date. Can you expand on the Curran bit a wee bit more please.

Basically said he wasn't fit but is now (supposedly ). Or could be him making an excuse for just being shi*

For those (maybe like me) who are no sure what a Sport Scientist does, I came across this brief description...

"Sports scientists assist sportspeople to achieve the best possible sporting performance, by applying knowledge and techniques from the areas of medicine, physiology, biomechanics (the study of human movement), nutrition, psychology and physiotherapy/massage"

(Oor Newest Appointment Cameron ... Also it seems, likes to build Small Rockets on his Day Off, which (when time allows)

he uses to reward his better players, with a quick trip around the Solar System...Small Healthy Packed Lunches provided:chaplin:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

For those (maybe like me) who are no sure what a Sport Scientist does, I came across this brief description...

"Sports scientists assist sportspeople to achieve the best possible sporting performance, by applying knowledge and techniques from the areas of medicine, physiology, biomechanics (the study of human movement), nutrition, psychology and physiotherapy/massage"

(Oor Newest Appointment Cameron ... Also it seems, likes to build Small Rockets on his Day Off, which (when time allows)

he uses to reward his better players, with a quick trip around the Solar System...Small Healthy Packed Lunches provided:chaplin:

Gedee, Given the quality of some of our previous players, they were better space cadets than football players.

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

15 hours ago, Dondeh said:

I don't think it's the responsibility of the sports scientist, or whatever title his job may be, to instruct a player to do anything he's recommended in his reports & assessment that the player needs to be doing in order to achieve the club's required standards.

That responsibility lies solely with the manager, surely.

We know who signed the player, and who would have been the recipient of those assessments/reports. That's where the buck stops, I think.

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

I don't think it's the responsibility of the sports scientist, or whatever title his job may be, to instruct a player to do anything he's recommended in his reports & assessment that the player needs to be doing in order to achieve the club's required standards.

That responsibility lies solely with the manager, surely.

We know who signed the player, and who would have been the recipient of those assessments/reports. That's where the buck stops, I think.

Yes fair point. If the scenario was Hughes went to McIntyre and said something like ....this player has been given the necessary dietary and fitness schedules by me and does not meet 1st team standard of fitness..... (unlike like the rest of the squad). 

3 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Gedee, Given the quality of some of our previous players, they were better space cadets than football players.

Sorry Huggs' ... That's something I feel, our New Sports Scientist can respond better to (maybe that was his motivation for coming here):chaplin:

• Funny 1