The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Derry Drummer

Derby

Rate this topic

So the b*****ds are sacrificing cash to minimise the Dee support's influence on the atmosphere and to prevent a repeat of the euphoric scenes when McPake set them on course for relegation.

No way will our board get involve in tit-for-tat by denying them the Shankly.

• Like 1

As it stands there is no minimum requirement for a league game to give an away support. 

Only 50 hospitality comps for staff. 

22 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

It may be to do with their stand being out of commission. 

Was thinking the same.When was the last time we never got the shed,or when was the last time they even sold out the east stand/George fox for a derby?

It's been rumoured long before the work started at Tannadice. If the DSA are using unfounded rumours to try and grow their membership then they're even more abhorrent than I thought. 

41 minutes ago, Gedee said:

It looks like you Derry, & Rev ...

May have to don your orangy suits ye keep in reserve & warmly mingle with the Home Supporters ...

& Mind keep yir mooths shut and try & look sad when the Dark Blue Boys are ripping them apart:chaplin:

Gedee, many years ago when we played Aberdeen in league cup final and froze, i travelled to to the Game on an Aberdeen Supporters bus and sat in the Aberdeen end with the now Cove Rangers Chairman, i tortured them on they way down, they unfortunately returned the favour on the way home. 😂 I wil have to watch the first Derby on the Tele as it is the same day i return offshore. 

17 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gedee, many years ago when we played Aberdeen in league cup final and froze, i travelled to to the Game on an Aberdeen Supporters bus and sat in the Aberdeen end with the now Cove Rangers Chairman, i tortured them on they way down, they unfortunately returned the favour on the way home. 😂 I wil have to watch the first Derby on the Tele as it is the same day i return offshore. 

As Islay seems to be missing, I guess I better fill in for him, 

on the Old Saying, Front ... "Whit goes roond, comes roond"

But it usually taks a bit longer, than a wee trip back & forrit.

Dinnae be working too hard off shore noo Huggs. Ta Ta :bye:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

It looks like you Derry, & Rev ...

May have to don your orangy suits ye keep in reserve & warmly mingle with the Home Supporters ...

& Mind keep yir mooths shut and try & look sad when the Dark Blue Boys are ripping them apart:chaplin:

Never

18 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Never

Quite right DBK .... There is an obvious limit as to how far the hand of friendship can stretch :explode:

2 hours ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

It'll probably spook a handful of folk into buying a season ticket.

Got my season ticket today but nothing to do with the email. Was at least one more season ticket sold while I was in there

That email, poorly compiled as is it is, smacks to me of 'get your fees paid and get your season ticket or you'll have no chance of a Tannadice ticket'. I won't be giving those cnuts a single cent so of no concern to me.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

I do not know what all the fuss is about. 

The game is live on BT Sport. 

If United have reduced the number of tickets for Dundee supporters then we should play them at their own game. Do not purchase any tickets and watch the game on BT Sport. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Got my season ticket today but nothing to do with the email. Was at least one more season ticket sold while I was in there

That email, poorly compiled as is it is, smacks to me of 'get your fees paid and get your season ticket or you'll have no chance of a Tannadice ticket'. I won't be giving those cnuts a single cent so of no concern to me.

Well done that man

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gedee said:

As Islay seems to be missing, I guess I better fill in for him, 

on the Old Saying, Front ... "Whit goes roond, comes roond"

But it usually taks a bit longer, than a wee trip back & forrit.

Dinnae be working too hard off shore noo Huggs. Ta Ta :bye:

Thanks for the smiley Hugg .

And thanks for the like Islay.

(Hope all's well with both of you):chaplin:

I was out with a load of Dees and Dabs yesterday, and some of the Dabs are on their Federation committee. The new owner has said he wants the DaBs to have their traditional home end back so it is not just v Dees that this will happen, no away team will get the Shed is my understanding.

8 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I was out with a load of Dees and Dabs yesterday, and some of the Dabs are on their Federation committee. The new owner has said he wants the DaBs to have their traditional home end back so it is not just v Dees that this will happen, no away team will get the Shed is my understanding.

But the shed has never been the "home end" in any big game at tannadice for years. f**k them anyway, whoever is lucky enough to get a ticket will witness them getting a doing from us. Fact

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

That's fine if they're going to make the traditional away end available to Dees.

Remember the 'glory' days when both sets of fans were in the Shed end. 

How no-one died in there still remains a mystery 😟 

• Like 1

If true, good luck to the police segregating between the Shed and The Fair Play stands.

They'll need it.

They're practically on top of each other and will be absolute mayhem. 

United probably haven't even considered this with their arrogance of reserving 10 thousand seats for home fans in a fixture where there's traditionally been between 6000 and 8000 of their fans in the 24 years of giving us the Shed.

Not a chance they'll sell out the home end tickets either. 

Just seems daft all round all so they can get an end back that their support stood in traditionally for about 2 to 3 decades of their history which they gave up for the big domestic games against us, Aberdeen and The Old Firm the past quarter a century. 

• Star Post 1

They've got clowns in charge who are just looking for cheap wins to keep the fans onside. It's like Melville saying we'd re-sign Robertson or GDS talking about us his big plans for DFC.

We'll see a splurge of cash spent over the road and some silly decisions made and then it'll all go quiet as the money men go into hiding.

• Star Post 1

47 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

But the shed has never been the "home end" in any big game at tannadice for years. f**k them anyway, whoever is lucky enough to get a ticket will witness them getting a doing from us. Fact

Maybe you are too young to remember but it was their home end for many a decade.

PS I am just the messenger.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Posted this week's ago. They've got Carling pumping a bit of money into the club and they're renaming the stand Carling.