The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Derry Drummer

Derby

Rate this topic

I thought Marshall and byrne were our best players last night both kept going. It’s a horrible result but there’s still plenty time to put it good. It was never a 6-2 game and if we had got the first goal then who knows.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Apart from impeding Hamilton and scoring an og I thought he did ok.

Tripped McDaid too that made him fall into McMullen for their pen. Think that sums the night up as he did a power of good things too. Everything that went wrong led to a goal!!!

26 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I attempted to tackle this last night. I'm not being harsh on Dundee but being realistic. Whatever people believe the DAB's have had the upper hand in this fixture for a lot longer than people make out. I think they've won something like 79 derbies to our 49, with 30 of their wins prior to 1980. We won around 26 prior to 1980. So even in their supposed poor spell they won more competitive derbies than our much vaunted sides of the same period. Post 1980 and they've more than doubled our derby win rate.

*All figures are rough calculations and taken from Wiki.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_derby

Jim McClean brought about this 'You must never get beat by Dundee' during his time at the dump and it seems to have stuck with them.

It is about time we made this happen at Dens tbh.

Thoughts on the game : result never bothered me in the slightest.

It might be my 'love' for the game dwindling but as soon as their third went in, I scrubbed the result and never gave a flying f**k. It could have ended up 10, I literally could not care. 

First goal was a shitshow. Our goal that never was, was legitimate. Our equaliser was gash. Their second was piss poor. I walked back into the stand just as McDaid lost his footing to give away a penalty. I then walked to the pub as Shanky converted it. 

Can't really complain about a lot, we were more than in the game but there are certain players on the park - who have been here long enough - stealing a f**cking wage. It's called football. Get the ball on the f**cking deck and at least try to keep it on the f**cking deck. Stop just f**cking punting it and hoping for the best. 

• Sad 1

Actually feeling more deflated today believe it or not. Just can’t get my head around the fact that sh*t always comes our way regardless of who’s in charge or what’s going on behind the scenes. United fans in general are smug, arrogant ar*eholes. Always have been since my days at primary school, so surely karma (if a real thing) should favour us more than them but can count on the one hand how many times we have been lucky compared to them who seem to get the luck 90% of the time against us. Fair enough people can say you make your own luck which is possibly true but having watched so many Derby’s over the years, I can’t say they have made their own luck every time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Who got injured?

Legend, head knocks to 2 key players last night Ness / McGee, valiant effort from both to stay on, however probably took the performance edge from  them both and understandably so.

I missed the 2nd half in disgust, a benefit of being offshore, however suggestion was that Meekings & Gowser came on and steadied the ship, is the lesson learned that we should have made the changes earlier (Hindsight is wonderful)

I unfortunately watched it till the bitter end, thanks to whoever put the link up for the streaming website (genuine btw 😂). Then bang on full time the texts started flooding in from my shitebag united mates, the ones you don’t hear a peep from before, or during the game, they wait till the whistle blows. Jokes on them though, they wake up tomorrow and are still Arab c**ts

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Ness and McGee with head knocks. Ness had to go off for about a couple of minutes with a head knock and came back on with a bandage around his head.

It was McGee who had the bandage.

• Like 1

We are getting ripped to pieces over on P+B. Its painful tbh

13 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We are getting ripped to pieces over on P+B. Its painful tbh

Won’t be going near the championship forum on there for at least a month

• Like 1

Strange game thought we were miles the better team for the 1st 35 mins should have been 1 up early then that 7 min collapse.. 2 nd half was a non event 

We lost a few challenges in the air in our box early on (went wide/over) but when Utd scored the first … a disgrace the defending … free bloody header … I just knew we were going to lose as we just were not showing any capability in defence … I would probably have brought on Meekings for Forster there and then... agree with JMP that we could not defend the box or get a head to a ball in the air.

I just hope they come out raging and start to show what they can do....

• Like 2