The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

'I'm Backing United To Go Up. In Fact They Should Cruise It'

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Neilson continues to get constant praise from pundits & others alike (I'm not sure if Arab fans are totally on board still) But, even allowing for a bit bias on my part, he has never really convinced me, that he is in the category of a top manager and this season I think will be the real test for him, as to whether he & his players (inc his star signing) are up to the task. As you rightly suggest an-dee, any slip-ups (shock defeats) & he will be under serious pressure ... Shame that:chaplin:

Gedee, when he tastes defeat in the first Derby of the season on the 30th Aug, he will then feel the heat ☠️

The Rangers couldn't cruise the league, nor Hibs or Hearts. United have struggled the last 3 years.

If they do manage to cruise the league this year then shame on the other 9 teams who will be out to ensure at the end of the season we are still laughing.

46 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gedee, when he tastes defeat in the first Derby of the season on the 30th Aug, he will then feel the heat ☠️

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

3 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

Let united be the favourites and we can quietly do our business in the background. Very good article that. Shankland obviously a massive signing for united but I think for us getting Shaun Byrne is just as big. Byrne has been playing in a different position than what he did for livi playing more further forward. I think he looks a really quality player with a bit of everything in his game. Very comfortable on the ball , doesn’t mind a tackle and a couple of really good passes in betfred. He will keep getting better imo. 

We need a couple more players to challenge for starting 11 then I will be happy.

Hi & Welcome Davedee77 ... Good Post and I go along with all of it, starting from your opening comment.

JMP is still on a learning curve I'd imagine. But to date I am very impreseed in, not only what he & his coaching staff (& players) have achieved ... But the quiet, slow & steady way, all of them are going about their business. Once we are more into the season & the "real stuff" starts we may see where we are at. As you say, we still need to strengthen up our team of players .... But it's going the right way me thinks.

Be focused tonight lads. Three Points would be nice :bouncy:

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Hi & Welcome Davedee77 ... Good Post and I go along with all of it, starting from your opening comment.

JPB is still on a learning curve I'd imagine. But to date I am very impreseed in, not only what he & his coaching staff (& players) have achieved ... But the quiet, slow & steady way, all of them are going about their business. Once we are more into the season & the "real stuff" starts we may see where we are at. As you say, we still need to strengthen up our team of players .... But it's going the right way me thinks.

Be focused tonight lads. Three Points would be nice :bouncy:

Followed by a hammering from ICT for the unwashed tomorrow . Carlsberg weekend a coming

DDYB 🇫🇷

👏🏻Happy👏🏻Clappers👏🏻Memberships👏🏻Available 👏🏻

Edited by DarkBlueKnight
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Followed by a hammering from ICT for the unwashed tomorrow . Carlsberg weekend a coming

DDYB 🇫🇷

👏🏻Happy👏🏻Clappers👏🏻Memberships👏🏻Available 👏🏻

That wid do nicely DBK ...

I noticed on the post you responded to, I typed JPB instead of JMP. No quite sure where that come from !!

The last thing I remember...Was me saying, eh could do with a wee nap (Noo been edited and corrected) :)

I don't think Leanne knows what she's talking about.

• Funny 4

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't think Leanne knows what she's talking about.

She (the writer) was doing ok until she added that daft bit about the Arabs 'cruising it'....not sure when the last case of cruising in the championship was recorded....other than Brechin, towards Div.1.

But it was probably before Friends crossed the Atlantic. :) 

• Funny 1

On 02/08/2019 at 12:27, 8utters said:

The Rangers couldn't cruise the league, nor Hibs or Hearts. United have struggled the last 3 years.

If they do manage to cruise the league this year then shame on the other 9 teams who will be out to ensure at the end of the season we are still laughing.

Hearts did cruise the league 

11 minutes ago, Densderry75 said:

Hearts did cruise the league 

Only if you consider a 26 point gap ‘cruising it’. 

8 hours ago, 8utters said:

Only if you consider a 26 point gap ‘cruising it’. 

Hearts had a one season jolly with a grand total of 91 points. The league was won on the 22nd March with their nearest challengers Hibs finishing on 70 points.  I don't know what your definition of 'cruising it' is, but I would suggest that Hearts 'romped it' that season. :)

To say pre-season, that club/team is gonna "cruise" a division like the championship, is no very professional (maybe even stupid)

I'll accept they got the ideal start with their Big Win & Four Goals by their smart signing. And for that they surely deserve credit :happyno:

But no fae me they're not.

Long, long season ahead.

Mon DFC lead the charge.

:wub: Dundee Fitba Club :wub:

On 02/08/2019 at 09:40, Dundeefc1783 said:

Not a bad article in fairness but don’t agree with the “They have the head coach to do it in Neilson” because don’t believe he is all the great to be honest. 

I did the league table thing at the end of the article. My prediction is ..... 

D2F9204A-BAE4-40EB-8CB9-6F0BC809D022.png

Dabs were calling for Robbies head few days ago.

We should have scored at least 4 or 5 against ICT but we wasted our chances.

2 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

Dabs were calling for Robbies head few days ago.

We should have scored at least 4 or 5 against ICT but we wasted our chances.

Spirit, after 30 minutes on Friday WE were calling for at least 13 heads.

• Funny 1

34 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Spirit, after 30 minutes on Friday WE were calling for at least 13 heads.

Aye I hope we are not going to have too much dab like hysteria every game or it’s a long season 😉

• Star Post 1

15 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Aye I hope we are not going to have too much dab like hysteria every game or it’s a long season 😉

DBK, I don't think we will (well hope no) ... I didn't see the highlights of their game.

But Shanklands appearing to knock in four goals easily, for me anyway, was hard to take ... Thankfully eh've learned how to control my emotions :rant:

18 minutes ago, Gedee said:

DBK, I don't think we will (well hope no) ... I didn't see the highlights of their game.

But Shanklands appearing to knock in four goals easily, for me anyway, was hard to take ... Thankfully eh've learned how to control my emotions :rant:

Gedee don’t you worry about shankland my friend. As someone put it elsewhere scoring theee former or more gets you no extra points. He will have plenty games where he doesn’t score

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

As someone put it elsewhere scoring theee former or more gets you no extra points.

Think, that "someone" you are referring to DBK ... Was myself (in a post a few days back):chaplin:

Guess I'm going through anither Dark Period. See this bipolar ..."Yes Nurse, more pills please" :wacko:

On 02/08/2019 at 11:17, Gedee said:

Dinnae usually follow that Boba ... (Obviously it is time eh did) ... "Experts" that ken whit they are talkin' aboot

They have been media darlings for years now, so it should not surprise us. Nelson is not great, his team is not great, let the pressure begin to mount on them, we don't care. It is going to be tough season and we will be playing against teams who are comfortable with having the ball in the air more often than on the ground. Let them and their over-rated coach think it is going to be easy and let that be their downfall. Do not think much of Conolly, but Reynolds is a good defender. Their goalie is class and I expect Shankland to struggle in spite of his four against ICT. Other than that they don't have much. Pawlett is rubbish, but if he rediscovers his form will be a threat.