The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

'I'm Backing United To Go Up. In Fact They Should Cruise It'

Rate this topic

Watching the Dabs v ICT highlights it was frightening how bad the visiting defence were.

They stood back and allowed cross after cross into their box, it reminded me of our lot last season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Watching the Dabs v ICT highlights it was frightening how bad the visiting defence were.

They stood back and allowed cross after cross into their box, it reminded me of our lot last season.

Got to agree .

Taking nothing away from the lad Shankland because he did everything you would want your striker to do . time his run , attack the right areas and get your effort on target .

I thought his 4th goal was excellent and id love to have had him driving our promotion charge this year , in fac6thad we pushed the boat out I don't think we would even be in this league but unfortunately I think that was a huge blunder on behalf of our BOD that the DABS will benefit from and another discussion in itself  .

In saying all that though the ICT defending was woeful , little or no challenge for any of the first three goals and as rightly pointed out allowing those balls to repeatedly come in to the area  was god awful as well . 

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

... in fact had we pushed the boat out I don't think we would even be in this league but unfortunately I think that was a huge blunder on behalf of our BOD that the DABS will benefit from and another discussion in itself  .

Whilst it would have been great to have got him on board last season, his form dipped after a great start IIRC.  Also, were we really in with a chance of getting him?  We read a lot about various numbers but how much truth was there in all of that?

I think Utd pulled a rabbit out of a hat to get him aboard and he may well be the difference between them and the rest of us.  

We'll see.

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

Got to agree .

Taking nothing away from the lad Shankland because he did everything you would want your striker to do . time his run , attack the right areas and get your effort on target .

I thought his 4th goal was excellent and id love to have had him driving our promotion charge this year , in fac6thad we pushed the boat out I don't think we would even be in this league but unfortunately I think that was a huge blunder on behalf of our BOD that the DABS will benefit from and another discussion in itself  .

In saying all that though the ICT defending was woeful , little or no challenge for any of the first three goals and as rightly pointed out allowing those balls to repeatedly come in to the area  was god awful as well . 

ICT gifted United the points with their laughable defending. The fourth goal came when Shankland was relaxed and confident after the easy hat-trick and the game was dead.

Most Dees would rather he was in our squad than theirs but he'll have plenty off-days this season. His finishing was piss-poor as the dabs were humiliated at home by East Fife.

22 hours ago, Cobra said:

ICT gifted United the points with their laughable defending. The fourth goal came when Shankland was relaxed and confident after the easy hat-trick and the game was dead.

Most Dees would rather he was in our squad than theirs but he'll have plenty off-days this season. His finishing was piss-poor as the dabs were humiliated at home by East Fife.

I think most forweards are confidence players so I don't see hwy that demishes the lads 4th goal which was a great goal .

Totally agree the defending was atrocious for his 1st 3 goals but he still had to get in the areas and find the target which is what he did and that's good forward play . 

Im not saying hes Messi but he is a very good forward player who wiill score a lot of goals this season .

As for the East Fife result we were held by Cove and Peterhead at Dens what really matters is when the real action starts .

Anyway who cares the DAB Slayer has returned so happy Days... all we need now is for Speronni to come back for one more season to end his days where he started and the final piece of the jigsaw will be in Place !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DBDU said:

I think most forweards are confidence players so I don't see hwy that demishes the lads 4th goal which was a great goal .

I agree. I just think from Dundee's perspective I'll be more concerned if he scores a great goal in the 89th minute when the pressure is on as the dabs desperately need a goal.