Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Cash Into The Club?

Now that the club has made it clear publicly it doesn't want the fans to buy back Dens, despite the clear wishes of the fans in the recent DFCSS poll, how does everyone feel about their suggestion that the fans' money should be used to help in the day to day running of the cub?

For me Dens buy back is still the main focus as it was the clear will of the fans but just wondering if others may have changed their view now that the club has shown its hand.

Should the fans be asked to throw money at the club. with no guarantee of any return, or should we have a clear target for one more fundraising effort co-ordinated by a focal point / central committee that could potentially see us own a significant asset?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The survey showed that DFCSS members felt when putting money in to the club, we should receive shares in return. Capital injection is common according to the balance sheet, so if the Society went down that route, I'd imagine we would get shares.

Still feel the Society should pursue Dens though. Clear wish of members is something we should keep working on.

I back any effort to get the ground back but first we need to know what would the likely cost be, if it's an unrealistic figure then we can consider other options.

Would the owners be willing to sell?

I think that would be a given mate, the figure that was bandied about was 850K which was a combination of what JB paid for the ground and other soft loans that he 'lost out on' when we went into admin 2. I really can't see this figure getting smaller and if it does increase significantly then an alternative permanent home will need to be found. Even if we get a McDiarmid Park situation then we're looking at finding cash to build stands etc. 

I can only see short term selfishness being the reason why the club don't want this to go ahead, I hope I'm wrong but they may well see this as a distraction from their vision which will probably be different from ours and shorter term. We all want success on the pitch but while the investment company could well be looking to make money in the short term (whether that's through player sales or turning us into a going concern and then selling on or whatever) us fans have a different set of goals.

If the club can convince a thousand of us to put 20 quid a month into the club for general use I would be amazed, if they ring fenced it and guaranteed it would be put towards a 'buy back Dens' fund they might have more success. If they don't want to do it then while they might disagree with a sympathetic body trying to do it in their stead, I don't see it as their place to object. They need to convince us that their vision is the correct one, if its that good, I'm sure we'll all fall into line, it strikes me that they're trying to get the Society to 'do their dirty work' as some kind of middle man. 

I think that would be a given mate, the figure that was bandied about was 850K which was a combination of what JB paid for the ground and other soft loans that he 'lost out on' when we went into admin 2. I really can't see this figure getting smaller and if it does increase significantly then an alternative permanent home will need to be found. Even if we get a McDiarmid Park situation then we're looking at finding cash to build stands etc. 

I can only see short term selfishness being the reason why the club don't want this to go ahead, I hope I'm wrong but they may well see this as a distraction from their vision which will probably be different from ours and shorter term. We all want success on the pitch but while the investment company could well be looking to make money in the short term (whether that's through player sales or turning us into a going concern and then selling on or whatever) us fans have a different set of goals.

If the club can convince a thousand of us to put 20 quid a month into the club for general use I would be amazed, if they ring fenced it and guaranteed it would be put towards a 'buy back Dens' fund they might have more success. If they don't want to do it then while they might disagree with a sympathetic body trying to do it in their stead, I don't see it as their place to object. They need to convince us that their vision is the correct one, if its that good, I'm sure we'll all fall into line, it strikes me that they're trying to get the Society to 'do their dirty work' as some kind of middle man. 

Agree with a lot of this chomp, especially the difference between asking people to give money to the club for general expenses, or for building up a Dens Buy Back fund. I'm willing to give the BOD the benefit of the doubt about their motives for not wanting to risk getting potential donations ring fenced in a ground buy back before the future of the current season is determined and perhaps more importantly they had just reported an £800k loss. It is early days. Things are much better than they were, however, next season will see the return of Hearts and either Rangers or Hibs, nobody seems to believe that whoever will finish 11th in the league will win the play off. Arguably next season's league will be more competitive so perhaps we should be cautious and not implement the ground buy back scheme, yet? 

Just had a thought about chomp's suggestion of £20 per month and 1000 fans to build up funds. It works out at £240k per year. If we did that for 4 years and bought shares as we went, would our shareholding not be greater than that of FPS?

At the end of the club's financial year on 31st May 2014 there were 59,890,500 shares of 1p each unissued.

In the past of couple years any new shares in Dundee Football Club have been issued at 1.35p each. Therefore the cost of the purchasing all the outstanding unissued shares would be £808,521.75 which would almost pay for the cost of buying back Dens Park from Sandeman Properties.

At the end of the club's financial year on 31st May 2014 there were 59,890,500 shares of 1p each unissued.

In the past of couple years any new shares in Dundee Football Club have been issued at 1.35p each. Therefore the cost of the purchasing all the outstanding unissued shares would be £808,521.75 which would almost pay for the cost of buying back Dens Park from Sandeman Properties.

would that make whoever bought the shares a majority shareholder?

Agree with a lot of this chomp, especially the difference between asking people to give money to the club for general expenses, or for building up a Dens Buy Back fund. I'm willing to give the BOD the benefit of the doubt about their motives for not wanting to risk getting potential donations ring fenced in a ground buy back before the future of the current season is determined and perhaps more importantly they had just reported an £800k loss. It is early days. Things are much better than they were, however, next season will see the return of Hearts and either Rangers or Hibs, nobody seems to believe that whoever will finish 11th in the league will win the play off. Arguably next season's league will be more competitive so perhaps we should be cautious and not implement the ground buy back scheme, yet? 

Fair enough just from the clubs point of view but I don't get why they seem to be objecting to an extremely sympathetic organisation trying to organise a buy back. It would have marginal effect on the clubs income if this was 'ring fenced' money for a specific cause. You could argue that people might use half time draw money for it but unless things are that bad at Dens we're talking small change in the grand scheme of things.

Just had a thought about chomp's suggestion of £20 per month and 1000 fans to build up funds. It works out at £240k per year. If we did that for 4 years and bought shares as we went, would our shareholding not be greater than that of FPS?

That would put DFCSS as the majority share holders, I don't think that would be popular.  :lol:

Adblock Detected