The Dark Blues
DBDU

Curran & Davies

Rate this topic

I have never at any time thought Craig Curran was of the standard required for us and have said so since the day he signed .To be honest hearing others on here thinking he was baffled me but football is all about opinions I guess .

I was more than happy to be proven wrong and given his attitude I really hoped I would be  but unfortunately  nothing he showed ,ability wise , during his time at the club showed me anything other than my initial thoughts were correct . 

What I would say  though is this ,  by all accounts CC is a good, honest  guy  and that wouldn't surprise me because i think that comes across in the effort he puts in to each game .

If most of the other imposters from last season , particularly those that the utterly clueless Jim Mc brought to the club displayed the attitude amd commitment of Craig Curran then we may have had half a chance  . Craig Curran may not have been the standard required ability wise but at least he gave our club  everything he had in every single match he played  so I thank the guy for  that , I  wish him well and hopefully he finds himself a good club and goes on to be a success .

The boy Davies though is a completely different thing altogether .

Who  does this guy think he is if reports surfacing are true that he wants a move ?

He comes in to the club , gets handed a 2 year deal when some  people ( Myself being one of them )  questioned this signing let alone the length of the contract given his recent injuries and by all accounts he  was handed a very good salary .

He is then injured without playing a single competitive match ( Cant say this was surprise to me )  , sits on his a**e for months picking up a good wage for doing nowt and then just when he is fit enough to challenge for his place and perhaps give something back to the fans and the club who had looked after him he instead decides its no longer the place for him 🤣 .

Funny how he's been happy to take a good wage for all this time but the minute he's fit to play all of a sudden he doesn't want to be here …! 

My initial thought when told he wants away was one of disappointment as he could be a good asset if fit . Then I thought its maybe no bad thing as by all accounts he is one of the higher earners so that would free up a good wage .

My feelings now have changed . If at all possible I think we should make this mercenary see out his contract . Bang him with the youth team to train and play and if need be let this clown rot !   

This guy for me represents EXACTLY the type of player our last manger felt would get us out of the situation we faced and why we failed miserably .

What he has did here shows just how much lacking in character Davies is and the other duds that JMc brought to our club were in that same mould , zero heart , zero attitude , zero desire and zero character .

Edited by DBDU

Has anyone actually seen this rumoured Tele exclusive, that Curran & Davies have asked to be released or made available for transfer?

Still don't see anything in the online tele today, though there's an article all about JMcP's squad & his views on it.

2 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Has anyone actually seen this rumoured Tele exclusive, that Curran & Davies have asked to be released or made available for transfer?

Still don't see anything in the online tele today, though there's an article all about JMcP's squad & his views on it.

Front page news in the Arab news last night 

3 minutes ago, mitch said:

Front page news in the Arab news last night 

I never buy a printed Tele, but it's a bit bizarre that it's nowhere in the online version.

Maybe just a space-filler to sell a few papers to Arabs. Or they made it up.

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

I never buy a printed Tele, but it's a bit bizarre that it's nowhere in the online version.

Maybe just a space-filler to sell a few papers to Arabs. Or they made it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DBDU said:

I have never at any time thought Craig Curran was of the standard required for us and have said so since the day he signed .To be honest hearing others on here thinking he was baffled me but football is all about opinions I guess .

I was more than happy to be proven wrong and given his attitude I really hoped I would be  but unfortunately  nothing he showed ,ability wise , during his time at the club showed me anything other than my initial thoughts were correct . 

What I would say  though is this ,  by all accounts CC is a good, honest  guy  and that wouldn't surprise me because i think that comes across in the effort he puts in to each game .

If most of the other imposters from last season , particularly those that the utterly clueless Jim Mc brought to the club displayed the attitude amd commitment of Craig Curran then we may have had half a chance  . Craig Curran may not have been the standard required ability wise but at least he gave our club  everything he had in every single match he played  so I thank the guy for  that , I  wish him well and hopefully he finds himself a good club and goes on to be a success .

The boy Davies though is a completely different thing altogether .

Who  does this guy think he is if reports surfacing are true that he wants a move ?

He comes in to the club , gets handed a 2 year deal when some  people ( Myself being one of them )  questioned this signing let alone the length of the contract given his recent injuries and by all accounts he  was handed a very good salary .

He is then injured without playing a single competitive match ( Cant say this was surprise to me )  , sits on his a**e for months picking up a good wage for doing nowt and then just when he is fit enough to challenge for his place and perhaps give something back to the fans and the club who had looked after him he instead decides its no longer the place for him 🤣 .

Funny how he's been happy to take a good wage for all this time but the minute he's fit to play all of a sudden he doesn't want to be here …! 

My initial thought when told he wants away was one of disappointment as he could be a good asset if fit . Then I thought its maybe no bad thing as by all accounts he is one of the higher earners so that would free up a good wage .

My feelings now have changed . If at all possible I think we should make this mercenary see out his contract . Bang him with the youth team to train and play and if need be let this clown rot !   

This guy for me represents EXACTLY the type of player our last manger felt would get us out of the situation we faced and why we failed miserably .

What he has did here shows just how much lacking in character Davies is and the other duds that JMc brought to our club were in that same mould , zero heart , zero attitude , zero desire and zero character .

And your post has zero empathy. This man is a professional football player who depends on playing every week to make a living.  Since he signed for Dundee he has had a bone in his foot broken... twice!  These were both very serious injuries which he could do nothing about. He has now experienced a regime change within the club and he may have the impression that he is not going to fit in with the new boss. He has possibly realised that the only way he can rescue his career is with another club.  I hope he can and I would take this opportunity to wish him and his family the very best of luck however things turn out.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, cookie said:

And your post has zero empathy. This man is a professional football player who depends on playing every week to make a living.  Since he signed for Dundee he has had a bone in his foot broken... twice!  These were both very serious injuries which he could do nothing about. He has now experienced a regime change within the club and he may have the impression that he is not going to fit in with the new boss. He has possibly realised that the only way he can rescue his career is with another club.  I hope he can and I would take this opportunity to wish him and his family the very best of luck however things turn out.

Well  how will he know if hes not going to be good enough to start if he isn't prepared to at least attempt to force himself in to contention ? 

Im pretty sure if once fit if he is training well and showing up well In bounce games then eventually his time will come , we aren't exactly over provided with central defenders after all . 

JMcP was in the paper  last week saying he wants to get a bounce game organised for him so id say that would suggest he does want to get him fit and that he IS in his plans once he gets there . 

Id give any player sympathy if injured but I wont be giving sympathy if after months off , before then  even attempting to force his way in to the side he just decides he will then take off having pocketed s healthy wage with zero return !

Edited by DBDU

I can see the Davies situation from both sides here. Football can often cloud people's judgement when they see a player being payed decent money and apparently sitting twiddling his thumbs. The facts are that Davies has been injured at his place of work and maybe feels that his employer has a duty of care. It's unpalatable for many though, including me, that he's got himself fit before asking to leave, with a pay-off being sought after too if the rumours are to be believed.

Hopefully Davies goes without too much compensation, seeing as he's not kicked a competitive ball in anger, and we use his wage to finance a more committed replacement.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's unpalatable for many though, including me, that he's got himself fit before asking to leave, with a pay-off being sought after too if the rumours are to be believed.

He's had a nightmare seven months with injuries and the gaffer that brought him to Dens has been sacked. If he doesn't have any kind of relationship with the new management team and they haven't given him any indication that they rate him then I can understand why would be keen to start afresh elsewhere.

It's quite hard to judge the situation when we don't have all the facts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's quite hard to judge the situation when we don't have all the facts.

No but it is! It’s not rocket science, he’s a prick, end of!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

Surely if they have asked to leave then we don't have to pay them anything? A bit like the Kenny Miller situation. 

If they have asked to leave then asked for a pay off then they are taking the absolute piss out of us. 

• Star Post 2

2 hours ago, steven dee said:

Surely if they have asked to leave then we don't have to pay them anything? A bit like the Kenny Miller situation. 

If they have asked to leave then asked for a pay off then they are taking the absolute piss out of us. 

The both of them are asking for a pay off from their Contracts, what a DISASTER McInflop has turned out to be for our Club. Hope he Never works again.

• Like 1

If they find new clubs then off they pop, no payoff. Davies unfortunately is damaged goods and I doubt he will find a club.

He is likely to take the pay off and retire, especially at his age.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

The both of them are asking for a pay off from their Contracts, what a DISASTER McInflop has turned out to be for our Club. Hope he Never works again.

It is wasn't for the fact getting them out the door will hopefully mean someone else signing, I'd be tempted to play hardball with them. 

If any of us walked into work tomorrow and asked to leave AND get paid we'd be laughed out the door so why should footballers be any different? 

If they are that desperate to leave offer them a couple months wages, take it or get out on the training field and start doing the job you've been paid to do. 

• Star Post 2

1 minute ago, steven dee said:

It is wasn't for the fact getting them out the door will hopefully mean someone else signing, I'd be tempted to play hardball with them. 

If any of us walked into work tomorrow and asked to leave AND get paid we'd be laughed out the door so why should footballers be any different? 

If they are that desperate to leave offer them a couple months wages, take it or get out on the training field and start doing the job you've been paid to do. 

Exactly how I feel, but they have Contracts, so at the moment, they think the Ball is in their court and are holding the Aces, sad but true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DBDU said:

At least Curran gave it his all .. 

It may have looked like that but he's admitted he wasn't in 'shape'. Said it before, imo he cheated his team mates and the club. Get rid ASAP.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

He is likely to take the pay off and retire, especially at his age.

Give him hee haw and make him train with the bairns. Once he makes up an injury or goes on strike, sack him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dondeh said:

It may have looked like that but he's admitted he wasn't in 'shape'. Said it before, imo he cheated his team mates and the club. Get rid ASAP.  

yeah you're right actually I forgot about that  but at least he LOOKED as though he was trying🤣 … Davies hasn't struck a blow and just when he's FINALLY  in a position to do so is   saying he just  doesn't fancy it anymore so will take a hefty payout instead and be on his way .. good work if you can get it 👍

Just reading this now in the Tele.

Curran recovered from injury, said he wants away then apparently couldn't feature against Ayr because he wasn't feeling well. Sounds like a piss-take to me.

As for Davies I can't believe he'd have the brass neck to ask for a pay-off after receiving seven months wages and not being able to make himself available for selection once.

• Like 4