The Dark Blues
DBDU

Curran & Davies

Rate this topic

Davies will struggle to find another club given his injury record unless he's willing to take a drop in wage and/or go part time.

I'd be happy for Curran to stay tbh, but in reality he's 4th choice striker now which i'd not be willing to sit around doing if i was in his shoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Davies will struggle to find another club given his injury record unless he's willing to take a drop in wage and/or go part time.

I'd be happy for Curran to stay tbh, but in reality he's 4th choice striker now which i'd not be willing to sit around doing if i was in his shoes.

Agree about Davies. He's had injuries, his career is going downhill and we need to find a way to manage his departure from the club. I think we need to give him the chance to demonstrate that he is fit and able to play so a bounce game might be exactly what is needed to show to everyone what kind of player he can be. It seems likely from the comments that it may not go well for him and the reports that he would like to leave seem to be an indication that he has given up on trying to win his place in our team. On balance I'd think that getting him away from the club would be the best outcome for both him and the club.

As for Curran I'd keep him in the plans. He was looking like he could produce some worthwhile performances and did actually score a goal which was well received. He's admitted that he's in better condition this season than last season and I think he could find a place in the team when there are injuries or players missing through suspensions.

McPake confirms it. 

Curran wants home due to family reasons but McPake would like him to stay and sympathises with him stating he went through the same situation whilst at Coventry. Looks like we will try to get someone in before we let him leave. 

"Andrew wants away for family reasons too." 

:lol:

• Funny 1

So these Englishmen were as happy as Larry being in the Highland backwater that is Dingwall but now they're acting like homesick kids because they are based in Dundee. I'd rather they said nothing than spun lies. If Davies is so miserable then he's free to rip up his contract.

• Wowzer 1
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So these Englishmen were as happy as Larry being in the Highland backwater that is Dingwall but now they're acting like homesick kids because they are based in Dundee. I'd rather they said nothing than spun lies. If Davies is so miserable then he's free to rip up his contract.

THINK YOUR ABOVE COMMENT COBRA, IS A PRETTY FAIR SUMMARY OF HOW WE ALL PROBABLY SEE IT ...

(And as you say or suggest, even if there is a grain of truth there, it may have been better, just to stay quiet)

55 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Exactly how I see it. How they can say their home sick yet played for Ross County for a number of years is beyond the joke. Davies is an absolute c**t.

For what it was worth I actually thought Curran would be a decent player for us this year and really likes his work ethic, despite not scoring. 

• Wowzer 1

1 hour ago, Rosco said:

Exactly how I see it. How they can say their home sick yet played for Ross County for a number of years is beyond the joke. Davies is an absolute c**t.

For what it was worth I actually thought Curran would be a decent player for us this year and really likes his work ethic, despite not scoring. 

It doesn't say homesick. It says for family reasons. They may have had a change in circumstances that leads to them wanting to be closer to home. Did Davies not have a family bereavement which may make him want to move closer to home. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

19 minutes ago, GordonDarkBlue said:

It doesn't say homesick. It says for family reasons. They may have had a change in circumstances that leads to them wanting to be closer to home. Did Davies not have a family bereavement which may make him want to move closer to home. 

Your right. It does not say homesick. 

22 minutes ago, GordonDarkBlue said:

So two English guys who were happy for years working under McIntyre in a tiny Highland town and both were happy to sign long-term deals with Dundee a few months ago are both now desperate to leave for family reasons now that they're pal McIntyre has been sacked. Seems a tad unlikely that they've both simultaneously had a change in circumstances that means that they can't work in Tayside and DFC has to offer them a way out.

I said they are acting like homesick kids who need to urgently return to their family. I know they didn't use that particular word.

• Wowzer 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Wee bit harsh that, they could be at it but we don't know for sure. People's circumstances change.

As far as I can see these Englishmen have said nothing, it's DFC that have spoken to the press.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So two English guys who were happy for years working under McIntyre in a tiny Highland town and both were happy to sign long-term deals with Dundee a few months ago are both now desperate to leave for family reasons now that they're pal McIntyre has been sacked. Seems a tad unlikely that they've both simultaneously had a change in circumstances that means that they can't work in Tayside and DFC has to offer them a way out.

I said they are acting like homesick kids who need to urgently return to their family. I know they didn't use that particular word.

I'm guessing you don't have kids Cobra.

• Wowzer 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Bang on Cobra. The fact Mcpake has come out and made a point of praising only Curran's attitude at training tells me Davies attitude is suspect. Even after we've paid his wages for months and had nothing back in return. I'm starting to think f**k him, take the hit and let him rot in the stands. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

15 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Some strong accusations there mate. I'm hoping that their for asking the manager to terminate their contracts is purely because they have a desire to be closer to family and nothing more serious. If JMcP agrees to let them go then we let them go and move on. Casting aspersions on them might just come back to bite you on the a**e. Life experience and it's emotional ups and downs immediately brings all different manner of scenarios to mind so I wouldn't personally be jumping to conclusions in this instance mate. Everyone has their own opinions though.

27 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Wee bit harsh that, they could be at it but we don't know for sure. People's circumstances change.

As far as I can see these Englishmen have said nothing, it's DFC that have spoken to the press.

Curran signed a contract until 2021 in June of last year at Tannadice. He then signed a new contract in January of this year with another team in the same street, again until 2021 so he's been committed to playing his football in the city long-term for a good while now.

If he has kids and has suddenly been separated from them then I would empathise with him but it seems incredibly unlikely that both of McIntyre's County disciplines are in the same situation needing to end their Dundee contracts early and at the same time for family reasons.

If Davies does want to leave Dens without wearing the jersey then he really should do the honourable thing and walk away from his contract.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

There might be more to it. Pretty sure that it was reported pre season that Davies had personal issues that had hindered his recovery from injury.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Curran signed a contract until 2021 in June of last year at Tannadice. He then signed a new contract in January of this year with a team in the same street, again until 2021 so he's been committed to playing his football in the city long-term for a good while now.

If he has kids and has suddenly been separated from him then I would empathise with him but it seems incredibly unlikely that both of McIntyre's County disciplines are in the same situation needing to end their Dundee contracts early and at the same time for family reasons.

If Davies does want to leave Dens without wearing the jersey then he really should do the honourable thing and walk away from his contract.

Ok, fair enough mate. I'd suggest that you maybe have a think about why this has been publicly announced and the possible reasons though. I can think of a lot of reasons, with your explanation being one of 10's of things going though my head. From the outside looking in it seems highly coincidental but without knowing the facts it wouldn't really be fair to second guess what's going on imo. I think we just let them go and move on to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Ok, fair enough mate. I'd suggest that you maybe have a think about why this has been publicly announced and the possible reasons though. I can think of a lot of reasons, with your explanation being one of 10's of things going though my head. From the outside looking in it seems highly coincidental but without knowing the facts it wouldn't really be fair to second guess what's going on imo. I think we just let them go and move on to be honest.

Even when we're doing relatively well and signing guys like Hemmings it seems some need to find a way to get their rant on. There's been some borderline deranged stuff getting tossed about in this thread.

• Wowzer 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Ok, fair enough mate. I'd suggest that you maybe have a think about why this has been publicly announced and possible reasons though. I can think of a lot of reasons, with your explanation being one of 10's of things going though my head. From the outside looking in it seems highly coincidental but without knowing the facts it wouldn't really be fair to second guess what's going on imo. I think we just let them go and move on to be honest.

Maybe the players themselves should tell the press why they no longer want to wear dark blue to stop the fans trying to fill in the blanks.

Perhaps I have been a bit harsh. I suppose I'm just pig sick of the whole Ross County nonsense. We had possibly the worst season ever after trying to sign every former County coach and player that we could and it just made things worse.

Hopefully we can get these two unhappy players out the door quickly and draw a line under that miserable part of our history.

• Like 1

Chomp is getting on his high horse so I think I'll leave others to debate this one.