Jump to content
The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 0 Ayr (Home, 10th Aug 2019)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Oh well, sitting here with a large box of popcorn but some spoilsports turned the Feckin movie off!.🙄🍿

That popcorn got me into a fair bit of trouble this weekend, rev....and just when I was waiting for the main feature to 'turn up'. :o 

This 'sick note' phase isnae so much fun when ye cannae wander off topic!

.................

Just watched the DeeTV highlights, on 'good scoring opportunities', 4-1 or 5-1 would have been fair. Hemmings wasn't far away with 3-4 attempts, looks like he's maybe just a bit short of match practice. I appreciate we're in charge of the editing, though ;)

Any other DeeTV subscribers finding the audio way too low? I had my laptop audio at max, and DeeTV audio at max, and could only just hear the commentary, and hardly any crowd noise.

[edit: just watched the SPFL youtube highlights, more of Ayr with the ball in our half, but still one-sided on chances, but sound absolutely fine...so DeeTV mics the suspects again?]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

That popcorn got me into a fair bit of trouble this weekend, rev....and just when I was waiting for the main feature to 'turn up'. :o 

This 'sick note' phase isnae so much fun when ye cannae wander off topic!

.................

Just watched the DeeTV highlights, on 'good scoring opportunities', 4-1 or 5-1 would have been fair. Hemmings wasn't far away with 3-4 attempts, looks like he's maybe just a bit short of match practice. I appreciate we're in charge of the editing, though ;)

Any other DeeTV subscribers finding the audio way too low? I had my laptop audio at max, and DeeTV audio at max, and could only just hear the commentary, and hardly any crowd noise.

[edit: just watched the SPFL youtube highlights, more of Ayr with the ball in our half, but still one-sided on chances, but sound absolutely fine...so DeeTV mics the suspects again?]

Your right woody! I had no sound for most of the first half.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

so DeeTV mics the suspects again?]

Yes you are correct Wood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup had the same issue watching full match replay sadly. Although it wasn’t the commentary I was disappointed about missing, rather the atmosphere. Noticed there wasn’t any “zooming” through either which made it difficult to see certain incidents. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for FPS to invest the appropriate money to provide a good service to ensure they retain those still paying for the service, and to entice both new subscribers and lapsed subscribers like me?

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Having seen the 7 mins of highlights it looks like Ayr were the much better side. They were more composed in possession and this is something we need to get to. Some of our first touches were poor with Gowser being guilty once or twice og giving ball away very cheaply.

I was at the game and the highlights are a decent reflection.

I don’t agree Ayr were “much” the better side at all. For two thirds of the match they perhaps looked marginally the more likely to score. However, after Todd was on and our shape/balance was improved (I thought we were less narrow then and started to completely dominate) there was a progressive shift in our favour. Ayr (or should it be “wee Ayr boo hoo victim Ian McCall”) started to behave like desperate hammer throwers, kicking lumps out of us and conceding numerous free kicks with attendant bookings.

In the end we deserved the win, IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I don’t agree Ayr were “much” the better side at all. For two thirds of the match they perhaps looked marginally the more likely to score. However, after Todd was on and our shape/balance was improved (I thought we were less narrow then and started to completely dominate) there was a progressive shift in our favour. Ayr (or should it be “wee Ayr boo hoo victim Ian McCall”) started to behave like desperate hammer throwers, kicking lumps out of us and conceding numerous free kicks with attendant bookings.

In the end we deserved the win, IMO

Pretty much how I saw it but need to add a more clinical side than Ayr might have had us buried by the time the finger was pulled out.

Also having watched it back I still can't see the clear penalty Jobbie was so adamant they should've had. The man's a bit strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the game on Saturday I thought Ayr played a lot of good football and credit to McColl for that especially after losing his 2 best players. I hope McKay or someone is watching the opposition players at these games and not just how we are doing. I think it was the 10, 11 and 30 that were all very tidy and worth keeping a note of for the next window. We perhaps don't need a "name" like Dorrans, especially as he's hardly played for 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen a great deal written about Nelson. I think he might be the most underrated player at the club. Huge pressure on him to to break the deadlock with that header. Didn't panic, didn't snatch at it. Just guided it into the corner calm as you like. Also produced a fantastic cross in the last minute that should have killed the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not seen a great deal written about Nelson. I think he might be the most underrated player at the club. Huge pressure on him to to break the deadlock with that header. Didn't panic, didn't snatch at it. Just guided it into the corner calm as you like. Also produced a fantastic cross in the last minute that should have killed the game.

Big credit  to him as you say for his cool contribution in such a short period...

What a time to get a goal. And that won't do his confidence any harm Cobra.

He really comes over in his interviews ... As an open, honest and likeable lad.

Doesn't look the kind, that would be affected by the threat, of being left out in

some games. More likely pleased to be part of DFC Trio, that can score goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Pretty much how I saw it but need to add a more clinical side than Ayr might have had us buried by the time the finger was pulled out.

Also having watched it back I still can't see the clear penalty Jobbie was so adamant they should've had. The man's a bit strange.

Having now heard from McColl, it wasn't a hand ball he was on about but when an Ayr player fell over in the box just before McColl was booked.  He thought it was a blatant penalty.  I was seated in the main stand so had a similar view as McColl but from higher up.  It didn't look like a penalty to me.  I thought the referee got it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not seen a great deal written about Nelson. I think he might be the most underrated player at the club. Huge pressure on him to to break the deadlock with that header. Didn't panic, didn't snatch at it. Just guided it into the corner calm as you like. Also produced a fantastic cross in the last minute that should have killed the game.

That was a superb ball in that was begging to be tapped in. Should have scored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Pretty much how I saw it but need to add a more clinical side than Ayr might have had us buried by the time the finger was pulled out.

Also having watched it back I still can't see the clear penalty Jobbie was so adamant they should've had. The man's a bit strange.

That's how I saw it as well. For once I fully agree with BBC stats that said we just shaded it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mev said:

Having now heard from McColl, it wasn't a hand ball he was on about but when an Ayr player fell over in the box just before McColl was booked.  He thought it was a blatant penalty.  I was seated in the main stand so had a similar view as McColl but from higher up.  It didn't look like a penalty to me.  I thought the referee got it right. 

That’s definitely the incident- he ran onto the pitch in disgust at the decision hence the booking. From a similar position to you we thought it could have been given. Cammy seemed to get little if any of the ball and catch Forest. Not a stonewaller by any means though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valentke said:

That’s definitely the incident- he ran onto the pitch in disgust at the decision hence the booking. From a similar position to you we thought it could have been given. Cammy seemed to get little if any of the ball and catch Forest. Not a stonewaller by any means though. 

Prior to that, the Ayr players had been winning a lot of very soft fouls by going down with very little contact made.  I thought Forest was at it and thankfully the ref thought he had simply fallen over.  If that had been given as a penalty the Dundee players would have been raging.  The ref was giving a lot of very soft fouls to Ayr, yet let one go when Forest was barged over.  Ayr almost scored from that one so I don't think he favoured Dundee at all.  I think McColl's comments were uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.