The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 0 Ayr (Home, 10th Aug 2019)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, barkblue said:

He was already talking some lads through the game yesterday and the amount of times he was pointing and shouting for the pass he wanted was a joy to see.

Long time since we've had a striker as capable of leading the line as that - probably when that lad Hemmings was playing for us! 😉 

Agree. Needs to be worked on in training. Don't know why Kenny Miller never got the service that he should have been able to suggest was needed. Seems to me Hemmings Nelson and the other forwards should be involved in trying to create the fast attacking moves that they know are needed. Practise on the training pitch. We have moved on from the Moussa /Haber limited abilities so let's get someone looking to make the passes that good strikers thrive on.

2 hours ago, CC33 said:

Thought it was a poor game but guess we have to accept teams sitting off us at dens.

Big win tho as could tell by reation of fans at the end - good to have a clean sheet also tho Ayr will be kicking themselves with the 1 or 2 chances they had , cant mind us testing there keeper alot but hey 3 points is 3 points

Apart from the goal, think we had 3 attempts on target all game. But as you say 3 points is 3 points - and at home too.

1 hour ago, Davedee77 said:

Where are the rumours of dorrans coming from?

Hopefully The Sun.

They've been first with Johnson and Hemmings 😀

Edited by Dondeh

3 hours ago, barkblue said:

He was already talking some lads through the game yesterday and the amount of times he was pointing and shouting for the pass he wanted was a joy to see.

Long time since we've had a striker as capable of leading the line as that - probably when that lad Hemmings was playing for us! 😉 

Noticed he gave Gowser a wee rollicking for not putting a pass where he wanted it. Gowser just took it, which was refreshing

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BCram said:

Agree. Needs to be worked on in training. Don't know why Kenny Miller never got the service that he should have been able to suggest was needed. Seems to me Hemmings Nelson and the other forwards should be involved in trying to create the fast attacking moves that they know are needed. Practise on the training pitch. We have moved on from the Moussa /Haber limited abilities so let's get someone looking to make the passes that good strikers thrive on.

Absolutely, we don't have big brutal holding players up front, with limited abilities, any more. Get Kane involved in training the team on the kind of balls he needs! 

Edited by eyeothedug
  • Like 1

Just now, Garageflower said:

Noticed he gave Gowser a wee rollicking for not putting a pass where he wanted it. Gowser just took it, which was refreshing

Unusual for Gowser :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Was that before or after he said anything? ;)  

McCall was always saying something. In fairness most managers are like that. Switching the dugouts means the away manager is now in the face of the assistant ref, who has to pass along the edge of the technical area. Of course that might give managers the chance to play mind games, but most lack the charm and guile required to manipulate the officials successfully and just end up antagonising them. Perhaps the ref's thinking went along these lines.

"FFS, there goes that McCall again. Well, there are some perks to being a ref, so wny not enjoy it now an again? Here we go."

"Hey, you! Yes, you Mr Moaning Pus. Shut it! See this card? It's yellow and it's got your name on it. Any more crap and you'll be taking the walk of shame with the Derry baying at you all the way up the tunnel. Got it?"

Edited by Rumple

The assistant referee's reaction when he sees Ian McCall making a desperate call for a non-penalty...

Qhr5USJ.gif

• Funny 2

Interesting to hear James say we were “overplaying” at times. I agree with this. Fast movement forward is what we need to strive for. Ayr looked very comfortable against us and could have been ahead before we scored.They passed well but were not quick to get up the park. If we can do that we will be there or thereabouts.

• Like 2

Having seen the 7 mins of highlights it looks like Ayr were the much better side. They were more composed in possession and this is something we need to get to. Some of our first touches were poor with Gowser being guilty once or twice og giving ball away very cheaply.

I was at the game and the highlights are a decent reflection.

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Having seen the 7 mins of highlights it looks like Ayr were the much better side. They were more composed in possession and this is something we need to get to. Some of our first touches were poor with Gowser being guilty once or twice og giving ball away very cheaply.

I was at the game and the highlights are a decent reflection.

Off topic forum for this chat 😉

16 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Any Ayr United fans peeking in to read our views on Saturday's game in this topic must be scratching their heads in confusion 🤔 😂

Apologies.🙈

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Apologies.🙈

Very confused as to why my original post you quoted has been hidden by the moderators plus the one I made replying to Billy Campbell saying he should try the off topic forum for any chat on the game which surely to goodness is 100 percent obviously a joke from me? Wtf?! 😂😂

• Like 1

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of messages when hiding some content, it's sometimes hard to give a full explanation as the topic progresses and I appreciate that this can sometimes be confusing when posts disappear without notice.

The topic was going horrifically off topic and as a result, pretty much the bulk of the last few pages have just been about totally unrelated matters. Obviously, we don't want to censor and will use a bit of common sense but I think, in this instance, it's best to intervene and put us back on track.

I'll make the effort to message all of those who have been impacted by this and please don't take any removal of posts to imply that you have said anything out of order. I'm quite happy to look into seeing if I can move posts to a new topic to provide a more appropriate place to discuss some issues.

Many thanks,

Harry

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

No objections to the moderating, but would just say that, after the dire season or so we all suffered, some of the most entertaining stuff is found in the occasionally bizarre off-topic meanderings.

:spock:   ....and I realise this post might also be moderated!

• Funny 1
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

16 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

I have it stated in my will that I am to be cremated at Dundee Crematorium but I have no plans to get cremated in the next couple of weeks. That being said reading some of the posts on this forum from people who do not like anyone saying anything bad about Dundee Football Club is making me lose the will to live. 

I will stick to my current regime of walking to and from Dens Park when there is a home game.

You gonna change your will so you are cremated at the new nou campy cremy?

Edited by Garageflower

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Once you've made a couple of your posts that'll stop, Gedee! 😂

That said HK...For me & my potential new readers, it could be an "untapped market"

I could initially lull them into a false sense of scurity, before revealing the Real Me :wacko:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Apologies from me too. I should know better.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89740cdbebf9ac3f8e5aa

22 minutes ago, dblair said:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89740cdbebf9ac3f8e5aa

Eh'm still thinkin' aboot it ... It's even possible eh might go intae a Big Huff :explode: