The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Man of the Match: Ayr (Home, 10th Aug 2019)

Rate this topic

Who was your man of the match against Ayr United?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match against Ayr United?

• Hamilton
    • Kerr
    • McGhee
    • Forster
    • Marshall
    • Ness
    • Robertson
    • McDaid
    • McGowan
    • Hemmings
    • Johnson
    • Todd
    • Byrne
    • Nelson

Who was your man of the match for today's game against Ayr?

I thought it was a great response from Cammy after all the stick he got last week. Some great defensive work and he was at his lively best pushing forward.

• Like 6

Another vote for McDaid.  Only creative spark throughout most of the game although Robertson did well again and continues to look 'not out of place'.

Very encouraging display from McDaid.

Hats off to the keeper as well. He saved us with a couple of important saves so maybe he can be our number one this season after all. Has to cut out the errors though.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Very encouraging display from McDaid.

Hats off to the keeper as well. He saved us with a couple of important saves so maybe he can be our number one this season after all. Has to cut out the errors though.

That Ayr corner in the last minute of injury time had me keeching it but fair do's to Hamilton he claimed it and took it clean as you like.

• Like 1

McDaid for me.....didnt always came off for him but he kept trying, definately not one for hiding.

Honourable mention for Marshall, especially when Todd came on.

Starting front 2...not enough quality service, these 2 (and Nelson) will take chances all day but we need to make more.

• Like 1

Went for McDaid, put in a good shift up and down the park and always looking to create something.

6 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

That Ayr corner in the last minute of injury time had me keeching it but fair do's to Hamilton he claimed it and took it clean as you like.

Yeah that was a nice take that really took the pressure off at a key moment.

Arguably the world's best keeper Manuel Neuer showed shocking judgement last week to gift Dortmund a goal so maybe we should cut Jack a little slack. It's an unforgiving position. When a forward has an off-day nobody bats an eye.

Went for Robertson, McDaid and Cammy did well and Hamilton had a great save but Robertson shaded it for me. Was impressed with how he got up and took no sh*t from their big centre half after two late challenges by their players late in the 2nd half plus the fact that Robertson also played 75 minutes for the U18's just last night.

• Wowzer 1

Can't argue with McDaid...... but I will. :lol: He was our only real creative player going forward but I thought Forster was a bit of an unsung hero, think he won every header. I've gone for him.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Went for Robertson, McDaid and Cammy did well and Hamilton had a great save but Robertson shaded it for me. Was impressed with how he got up and took no sh*t from their big centre half after two late challenges by their players late in the 2nd half plus the fact that Robertson also played 75 minutes for the U18's just last night.

Surely that can’t be right about him playing last night?

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Wonder who authorised him playing 75mins with such an important game the following day. Unacceptable, actually thought Robertson didn’t play particularly well today compared to previous games. 

Went for McDaid.

I haven't been too impressed with him so far, but today he was excellent.

He was always looking for the ball, ran himself into the ground and was putting the tackles in (which he has been reluctant to do). 

Maybe playing against his old team inspired him, but he seems to be getting better with each game.

A wee note on Hemmings, looks to be a much more accomplished player than the one who left us, hardly put a foot wrong, really impressed - the goals will flow when he gets settled.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BigG said:

V Dunipace under 19s so we were told by a Dunipace player. Seemed a bit bizarre. 

6 minutes ago, BigG said:

The coaches daughter was with us at today's game mate.

5 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Wonder who authorised him playing 75mins with such an important game the following day. Unacceptable, actually thought Robertson didn’t play particularly well today compared to previous games. 

He had a couple of misplaced passes but I thought he was brilliant confidence wise for a 16yr old 

6 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Unacceptable, really?. Players train on Friday's and play bounce games, practice games or against the youths and still play on the Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He had a couple of misplaced passes but I thought he was brilliant confidence wise for a 16yr old 

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a fantastic player with a great future. Just didn’t think he played as well as previous games. Possibly conditions played a part in that too. Really rate the guy though. 

• Like 1