Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Man of the Match: Ayr (Home, 10th Aug 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Who was your man of the match against Ayr United?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match against Ayr United?

• Hamilton
    • Kerr
    • McGhee
    • Forster
    • Marshall
    • Ness
    • Robertson
    • McDaid
    • McGowan
    • Hemmings
    • Johnson
    • Todd
    • Byrne
    • Nelson

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Went for Robertson, McDaid and Cammy did well and Hamilton had a great save but Robertson shaded it for me. Was impressed with how he got up and took no sh*t from their big centre half after two late challenges by their players late in the 2nd half plus the fact that Robertson also played 75 minutes for the U18's just last night.

Surely that can’t be right about him playing last night?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Went for Robertson, McDaid and Cammy did well and Hamilton had a great save but Robertson shaded it for me. Was impressed with how he got up and took no sh*t from their big centre half after two late challenges by their players late in the 2nd half plus the fact that Robertson also played 75 minutes for the U18's just last night.

Wonder who authorised him playing 75mins with such an important game the following day. Unacceptable, actually thought Robertson didn’t play particularly well today compared to previous games. 

Went for McDaid.

I haven't been too impressed with him so far, but today he was excellent.

He was always looking for the ball, ran himself into the ground and was putting the tackles in (which he has been reluctant to do). 

Maybe playing against his old team inspired him, but he seems to be getting better with each game.

A wee note on Hemmings, looks to be a much more accomplished player than the one who left us, hardly put a foot wrong, really impressed - the goals will flow when he gets settled.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Wonder who authorised him playing 75mins with such an important game the following day. Unacceptable, actually thought Robertson didn’t play particularly well today compared to previous games. 

He had a couple of misplaced passes but I thought he was brilliant confidence wise for a 16yr old 

6 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Unacceptable, really?. Players train on Friday's and play bounce games, practice games or against the youths and still play on the Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He had a couple of misplaced passes but I thought he was brilliant confidence wise for a 16yr old 

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a fantastic player with a great future. Just didn’t think he played as well as previous games. Possibly conditions played a part in that too. Really rate the guy though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Wonder who authorised him playing 75mins with such an important game the following day. 

Indeed.

Plus numerous comments from JMP on Roberston, saying that he needs to be 'protected'. Implying that he will not feature in every game and needs additions to the squad in that position.  

5 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Unacceptable, really?. Players train on Friday's and play bounce games, practice games or against the youths and still play on the Saturday.

I do think it is unacceptable for a player to be playing in a competitive u18 game the previous night with less than 24 hours recovery personally. I know for a fact this is not common practise. Also a competitive football game is much different from training, usually light training the day before a match. 

6 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Indeed.

Plus numerous comments from JMP on Roberston, saying that he needs to be 'protected'. Implying that he will not feature in every game and needs additions to the squad in that position.  

I thought from McPake’s comments that Robertson would have been on the bench for today’s game but fair play for his performance today in tough conditions and apparently playing 75 mins the previous day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rosco said:

I do think it is unacceptable for a player to be playing in a competitive u18 game the previous night with less than 24 hours recovery personally. I know for a fact this is not common practise. Also a competitive football game is much different from training, usually light training the day before a match. 

Who says anything about it being competitive though?. We've scrapped the reserves so these players will still need to get games, if Fin or anyone else had a run out then I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not sure if you do know for a fact because players playing the day before a match does happen. It's common for a manager to play his team for the Saturday against reserve or youth teams as part of his preparation. I'm surprised that you think it's a big deal considering Fin played as well as anyone today and for the full 90 minutes. I'm not surprised that a teenager can play football two days on the trot.

Adblock Detected