The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

There seems to be a connection between players/coaching staff and fans not seen for a few years....

The team isn’t perfect, but definitely on the right track.

Connected, that's exactly how I feel and, as you say, for the first time in a number of years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

I think that it will take several games before the team start to gel. In the meantime I suggest that the Dundee supporters should not expect miracles. 

That’s one thing you can’t label at the fans

46 years without a trophy....

We do however demand players giving 100 percent, and managers having an inkling of what they are doing though.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

That’s one thing you can’t label at the fans

46 years without a trophy....

We do however demand players giving 100 percent, and managers having an inkling of what they are doing though.

What about the BBC Alba trophy that we won in November 2009. 

4 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Whilst it was a half decent day out it wasn't exactly a major trophy. The Scottish cup is the main one, the League cup second choice, although it's been devalued since they removed the European place and anything else failing to generate too much interest.

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Whilst it was a half decent day out it wasn't exactly a major trophy. The Scottish cup is the main one, the League cup second choice, although it's been devalued since they removed the European place and anything else failing to generate too much interest.

A friend of mine who was a Glasgow Dee and lived on Islay travelled to Perth for the Alba cup final. He had to spend two nights in a travel lodge in Perth thanks the game taking place on a Sunday afternoon and the Calmac winter timetable being in operation.

The first sailing departing from Islay on a Sunday afternoon during the winter timetable at that time was 15.30 (3.30pm) with the Sunday newspapers on sale after 4pm. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo

24 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

You will be counting the Tennents Sixes next..

• Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

11 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Won it twice

The Alba cup wasn't a patch on the Centenary cup imo.

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The Alba cup wasn't a patch on the Centenary cup imo.

I had a phone call from a BBC Alba reporter based in Oban shortly after we won the Alba cup. 

If we are along just one side of the dump and with tv cameras then we should make a helluva din as for once we will all be together despite a wee gap between Jerry Kerr and Fair Play. Could be better atmosphere than normal.

• Like 1

I totally get people not wanting to go to that shithole but I’ve two lads desperate to go. Friday night scramble from the west but I need to see the hemmings binoculars and mcpake bicep salute to the dees as we hopefully wipe the floor with the mongrels. Hope can get tix ok

i just need to look at it in a positive way ,yes cash to them but another step on the path to denying them promotion again and sending them to admin oblivion

Edited by DarkBlueKnight
  • Like 4

On 10/08/2019 at 23:12, sneddee said:

always stay to the very end to applaud the players off

Find it really strange when we win and the first thought is to get out the ground ASAP by fans. 

Team deserved the appreciation from the fans at the final whistle. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigG said:

Find it really strange when we win and the first thought is to get out the ground ASAP by fans. 

Team deserved the appreciation from the fans at the final whistle. 

It’s nothing compared to the NBA. My son i went to a game that was decided in the last seconds- we stood to applaud at the end and when we looked around there was pretty much nobody left. It was robotic the way the whistle blew and the fans left immediately in silence ......the home team won as well!?!?!? 

In general football has the best atmosphere by far imo. 

• Like 1

Anybody know who the crowd were at the end of the Bobby Cox? Seemed to create some noise and fair play to them. Think they were tourists but sung the Andy Nelson song for a while during the game. 

53 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Anybody know who the crowd were at the end of the Bobby Cox? Seemed to create some noise and fair play to them. Think they were tourists but sung the Andy Nelson song for a while during the game. 

53 minutes ago, Rosco said:

A squad of young lads and lassies from Germany