The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

News: Dundee Announce 3500 Season Tickets Sold

Rate this topic

I can't get to many games due to staying in the north of Scotland so have decided not to purchase a season ticket.  If I stayed in Dundee and intended going to most, if not all of the home games, it would make sense for me to buy a season ticket.  However, I understand the reluctance to do so if fans thought they were going to go through another season of getting beat virtually every home game.   That would put some off going to Dens and a season ticket would then be a waste of money in some people's eyes.  The signing of Hemmings has probably helped dismiss such fears, hence the rise in ticket sales.  Hopefully there will be more.

Got a feeling there has been a bit of a "Ba's Up" with ticket sales this year as Bloke was in my seat on Saturday and he said he'd bought it but I showed him my season ticket and he moved!!-Went into Club Shop Today to get my ticket for the Aberdeen game and was told my seat was sold!!! Hopefully the guys will sort it out for the next round !! ;oD

10 hours ago, Donny O said:

Got a feeling there has been a bit of a "Ba's Up" with ticket sales this year as Bloke was in my seat on Saturday and he said he'd bought it but I showed him my season ticket and he moved!!-Went into Club Shop Today to get my ticket for the Aberdeen game and was told my seat was sold!!! Hopefully the guys will sort it out for the next round !! ;oD

Donny, same in the Derry, I bought a ticket only to find a season ticket holder arrive and tell me I was in her seat, there was no problem as other members of the family were not there. I gave her my ticket to allow her to speak to the club re the issue.

2 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Donny, same in the Derry, I bought a ticket only to find a season ticket holder arrive and tell me I was in her seat, there was no problem as other members of the family were not there. I gave her my ticket to allow her to speak to the club re the issue.

Hi Huggs66

Im in The Derry too. Will make enquires after the Aberdeen Game to try and sort this out a bit.I think the guy next to me has been allocated my seat in error?? Will find out.

2 hours ago, Donny O said:

Hi Huggs66

Im in The Derry too. Will make enquires after the Aberdeen Game to try and sort this out a bit.I think the guy next to me has been allocated my seat in error?? Will find out.

Ticket office tweeted yesterday there had been issues and have asked season ticket holders affected to get in touch.

could be possible that the q at shop last Sat had folk buying ticket for Ayr game then later in q someone buys same seat as a season ticket?

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Ticket office tweeted yesterday there had been issues and have asked season ticket holders affected to get in touch.

could be possible that the q at shop last Sat had folk buying ticket for Ayr game then later in q someone buys same seat as a season ticket?

Cheers,That I will do!!! No problem just now...ive got a ticket for the seat behind on Sunday but not wanting this to continue.Things like this always happen when new systems are introduced!

Feels to me that there's crossed wires between phone sales/internet sales and then what happening in the the shop itself. Maybe the new system isn't updating as quickly as it should?

Odd time to have implemented something like this.

The shop staff tweeted, maybe at the start of the week, that there was an issue and that some people were heading to the correct seat number but the wrong section which was causing a bit of confusion, I think this may have been in the Bobby Cox though but not 100% sure. I'll try and dig out the tweet.

Dundee FC TIcket Office.       13Aug

Hi  everyone Neil from the ticket office, There have been posts about tickets having been sold for season ticket seats. It appears that the ticket holders were sitting in the wrong section of the stand. If you would like me to check this out please email [email protected]

3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The shop staff tweeted, maybe at the start of the week, that there was an issue and that some people were heading to the correct seat number but the wrong section which was causing a bit of confusion, I think this may have been in the Bobby Cox though but not 100% sure. I'll try and dig out the tweet.

Dundee FC TIcket Office.       13Aug

Hi  everyone Neil from the ticket office, There have been posts about tickets having been sold for season ticket seats. It appears that the ticket holders were sitting in the wrong section of the stand. If you would like me to check this out please email [email protected]

Rev, the BC seat numbers run across the full width from north to south (1 - 154), and aren't repeated, so every seat in the BC has a unique Row letter (A-Y) / Seat number combination. The only 'seat confusion' is likely to someone reading the letter on the side of a stairway seat, and going into the row behind.

The Main Stand has sections D-G each start from seat number 1, so that must be what Neil's referring to.

image.png.47ca9eff88cb2e633f11b2d51cb6af45.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Rev, the BC seat numbers run across the full width from north to south (1 - 154), and aren't repeated, so every seat in the BC has a unique Row letter (A-Y) / Seat number combination. The only 'seat confusion' is likely to someone reading the letter on the side of a stairway seat, and going into the row behind.

The Main Stand has sections D-G each start from seat number 1, so that must be what Neil's referring to.

image.png.47ca9eff88cb2e633f11b2d51cb6af45.png

I kinda made the numbers bit up WoodStein after reading between the lines. There were definitely posts suggesting that there were ST seats wrongly being sold around the time that Neil tweeted, if I remember correctly I think that particular mix up was in the BC. It seems like there could be 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I kinda made the numbers bit up WoodStein after reading between the lines. There were definitely posts suggesting that there were ST seats wrongly being sold around the time that Neil tweeted, if I remember correctly I think that particular mix up was in the BC. It seems like there could be 1 or 2.

With the new system in place in a hurry, to fix whatever went wrong with the old one, and selling a few hundred STs at the same time as selling individual seats for the Ayr game, I'm not surprised there were a few issues.

I'd guess some fans might have bought tickets for the Ayr game earlier in the week, then people wanting to buy STs late in the week could have picked those seats...the system's probably designed to check the opposite....ie when someone's looking for a 1-game ticket, it'll not display the ones sold as STs.

Must be a small number though?

5 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Must be a small number though?

I'd guess so, I've seen a few gripes but not too many.

14 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'd guess so, I've seen a few gripes but not too many.

Rev, no gripes however I bought tickets (2) for the game from the shop at around 12 from the shop on Saturday, unfortunately a family turned up and indicated we were in their seats, thankfully only 4 of 6 family members were at the game and there were seats for all, however their ST’s had been in use prior to myself getting the tickets and from the activity of the stewards there were a few instances of this. 

Hopefully it is fixed for this weekend. 

5 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Rev, no gripes

Apologies, I wasn't intending this to be taken as something derogatory.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 23:24, Garageflower said:

Anyone know sales for the rest of the league and for the Prem?

Would be interested to see the Championship figures?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Apologies, I wasn't intending this to be taken as something derogatory.

Rev, not taken that way, highlighting what appears to be a basic error possibly that the system had not identified what were ST seats. The family were very understanding and I was happy to help re giving them my ticket to help them identify the issue at the office.

• Like 1