Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Manager: Aberdeen (Home, 18th Aug 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Aberdeen (Home, 18th Aug 2019)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Notso said:

Big mistake bringing on meekings for ness,  lost the midfield and invited them on to us 😪

Ness was totally shattered and I can understand McPakes thinking behind the substitution. If we had kept their goal out and won today I don't think anyone would be talking about substitutions.

It sucks, but I am a lot more optimistic about our future if this is the way we can play from now on.

I thought he set us up brilliantly and arguably not having Hemmings fit made for an easier selection.

Things fell apart a little after the first subbed and then a little more with each subsequent change and while on the day we and McPake were really good, I've removed a star because it's up to the manager to have a bench that's ready to compete and we're still not there yet. 

Like has been said elsewhere I HATE late changes that basically transmit that we've settled for the point and bringing Meetings on (although I appreciate there were one or two reasons why it made sense) resulted in two subsequent reshuffles of the team and in reality lost us the game. We lost shape for the equaliser and Forster was dicking about almost at right back for the winner. 

LOTS and LOTS to be positive about but also some things that need worked on. Huge step up from what we're used to from the dugout though. 

I’m real pleased with the progress that the team are achieving. We shouldn’t be overly critical of every decision made by the Manager. Making substitutions can be a fine art and much of it’s success can rely on so many things, luck included. We’re going in the right direction now.

48 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

I’m real pleased with the progress that the team are achieving. We shouldn’t be overly critical of every decision made by the Manager. Making substitutions can be a fine art and much of it’s success can rely on so many things, luck included. We’re going in the right direction now.

IMO, we learnt more from Sunday  in relation to the weakness we had in losing the heart of the midfield which allowed Aberdeen higher up the park, disappointing to lose however better there than 3 points in the league. Having Hemings back will make a big difference, hoping that we give young McP a start on Saturday to have a run at ICT and give him a chance to see what he has got. 

Adblock Detected