Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Inverness

Boba Fett

Probably best to step aside from the pre derby frenzy and start a thread on our next match against Icey Tea in a few days!

Hopefully we can rediscover the same level of performance we delivered against Aberdeen.

If we do, we’ll win comfortably.

Back four picking itself at the moment but it’ll be interesting to see what he does with midfield if he plays two up top (which I think he should on Saturday).

Hamilton

Kerr, Forster, McGhee, Marshall

Finiesta, Ness, Byrne, McDaid

Nelson Johnson 

3-1 Dundee.. Goals for all three strikers. Kano to come on when we’re cruising.

Dabs pumped at EEP and the Dee tap o the league by Saturday night.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

4-4-2 for me

Hamilton

Kerr                      Forster                    McGhee                 Marshall 

Todd               Ness                   Finnesta                     McDaid

Johnson              Hemmings 

The Keeper & back 4 picks itself  (  may I add following some harsh criticism of Hamilton I thought  he was excellent against Aberdeen and THATS what we all want from him  ! )

Moving on  I cant see how we can drop young Finn given his displays so far and although I thought Byrne was very good on Sunday unfortunately he would be the unlucky one to drop out as for me Ness showed me on Sunday  why the manager rates him so highly.

I'm Gowsers biggest fan but since coming in to the side I think both  McDaid & Todd have been excellent and you cant leave them out on current form so again McGowan would take a spot on the bench for this one .

Nelson can count himself pretty unlucky too but like Gowser he will start plenty matches over the course of this season and when he does its up to him to keep the jersey which he has the ability to do .For the moment though Johnson & Hemmings would get the nod for me in what has the potential to be a formidable threat .

This starting line up plus a bench with Byrne, Gowser, Meekings, McPake & Nelson all of whom are good players and all who can count themselves unlucky not to be starting but  ready to come on at any time is a nice problem to have for the manager to have.

10 minutes ago, DBDU said:

4-4-2 for me

Hamilton

Kerr                      Forster                    McGhee                 Marshall 

Todd               Ness                   Finnesta                     McDaid

Johnson              Hemmings 

The Keeper & back 4 picks itself  (  may I add following some harsh criticism of Hamilton I thought  he was excellent against Aberdeen and THATS what we all want from him  ! )

Moving on  I cant see how we can drop young Finn given his displays so far and although I thought Byrne was very good on Sunday unfortunately he would be the unlucky one to drop out as for me Ness showed me on Sunday  why the manager rates him so highly.

I'm Gowsers biggest fan but since coming in to the side I think both  McDaid & Todd have been excellent and you cant leave them out on current form so again McGowan would take a spot on the bench for this one .

Nelson can count himself pretty unlucky too but like Gowser he will start plenty matches over the course of this season and when he does its up to him to keep the jersey which he has the ability to do .For the moment though Johnson & Hemmings would get the nod for me in what has the potential to be a formidable threat .

This starting line up plus a bench with Byrne, Gowser, Meekings, McPake & Nelson all of whom are good players and all who can count themselves unlucky not to be starting but  ready to come on at any time is a nice problem to have for the manager to have.

This, would be surprised if it's much different. McPake said it was just tiredness but Ness did seem to take a bit of an impact before the sub and although he's played a fair number of games with the English calendar having so many (46 v our 36), he has missed a high proportion of games for the last few years so it may well be the case that the manager tries to protect him a bit. Could well be that he drops out and Byrne remains.

I think the whole playing 3 midfielders has been shown to be really difficult so far, we dominate possession but just struggle with that final bit of link up which Todd and McDaid do bring and have needed them to come on and change things.

Possibly though, McPake might fancy Byrne/Ness back in for the Derby and a 4-5-1 start like we played V Aberdeen; that will be a tough game and we need to get properly stuck into them and control the game with winning the 50/50s like we did on Sunday - really can't afford Shankland to be given the service and need a good team game and plenty of closing down. You always feel derbies are the sort of game where if you go too open or enter trying to be a bit ambitious in trying to be very attacking, it can really backfire. Everyone hyped up which is great but sometimes leads to individuals making good mistake.

Plenty of plans for the manager to think about and could see a few routes that could be successful.

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

This, would be surprised if it's much different. McPake said it was just tiredness but Ness did seem to take a bit of an impact before the sub and although he's played a fair number of games with the English calendar having so many (46 v our 36), he has missed a high proportion of games for the last few years so it may well be the case that the manager tries to protect him a bit. Could well be that he drops out and Byrne remains.

I think the whole playing 3 midfielders has been shown to be really difficult so far, we dominate possession but just struggle with that final bit of link up which Todd and McDaid do bring and have needed them to come on and change things.

Possibly though, McPake might fancy Byrne/Ness back in for the Derby and a 4-5-1 start like we played V Aberdeen; that will be a tough game and we need to get properly stuck into them and control the game with winning the 50/50s like we did on Sunday - really can't afford Shankland to be given the service and need a good team game and plenty of closing down. You always feel derbies are the sort of game where if you go too open or enter trying to be a bit ambitious in trying to be very attacking, it can really backfire. Everyone hyped up which is great but sometimes leads to individuals making good mistake.

Plenty of plans for the manager to think about and could see a few routes that could be successful.

Yep.

If Hemmings is fit, the only one I see JMP leaving out intentionally for the DAB game is Ness.

This is a home game, against one of the fancied promotion contenders. Strongest team possible please.

Adblock Detected