Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Where do We Go From Here

Cerulean

First off, you do NOT win a derby match 6-2 without deserving it so kudos to Dundee United for four wins out of four at the start of the Championship season, and well done on putting our tails FIRMLY between our legs!

I've seen us suffer many horsings at the hands of them down the years (1979 onwards)  but I don't think I've ever seen us capitulate in such a 'tight' game as that before. 

Let's focus on us in the first instance.Personally, I don't think a 4-4-2 did us any favours as the team, retrospectively, missed Finn Robertson sitting at the front of the defence. It was unfortunate that Johnson's goal was erroneously chalked off as that could have changed the dynamic of the first half but seven minutes of madness at the back changed all that. The manager, in his post-match interview, didn't feel that it changed anything but I certainly thought that it did!

Two set-pieces, which were two second-balls in our box, were dreadfully defended and, for a defence which has proved miserly since the start of the season, that was hard to take. The penalty was unfortunate as McDaid was tripped into fouling McMullan by Marshall. The fourth wasn't a corner but it still had to be defended.

At the start of the second half, the last thing we needed was a deflected goal so early and that seemed to really kill us; we totally controlled the second half but it was clear that we showed toothlessness in the attacking third.

There was only one thing I could take from tonight's RESULT and that was that Dundee United really are sh**e - all they did was take their chances!  😂😂😂

As I've said, I have seen many, many pumpings from them down the years, but tonight wasn't one of them.  McPake HAS to learn from this. 

It's still early days in the season and if we can learn how to break down teams we'll at least make the play-offs as United will clearly run away with league.

N.O.T.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Strachan is our only hope to come in as manager... which is very unrealistic  other than that we can only hope of finishing in the play offs
Shambles last night... you could see that penalty before the tackle was made (thats about as much as i want to talk about the game itself) what makes it worse is me limping today from aw the bruises on the back of my legs from last night.

Cant blame nelms in the fact they have backed managers to the hilt

3 hours ago, CC33 said:

Strachan is our only hope to come in as manager... which is very unrealistic  other than that we can only hope of finishing in the play offs
Shambles last night... you could see that penalty before the tackle was made (thats about as much as i want to talk about the game itself) what makes it worse is me limping today from aw the bruises on the back of my legs from last night.

Cant blame nelms in the fact they have backed managers to the hilt

You could see McDaid being tripped by McGee and falling into McMullen before it happened?

Have you got today's lottery numbers?

His signings aren't bad in my opinion. He hasn't got a bossing midfielder in which is to our detriment, but his strikers are good as are Marshall and McGhee.   This defeat will put him under pressure a bit, given the result and the opponents, irrespective of luck and decisions. Their unit was more competitive than ours. Individually, no better. Better organised by their manager. 

39 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

I was as scunnered as anybody else at halftime that we were 4-1 down, but to claim that they're sh**e after they've just put 6 past us is verging on delusion and the sort of posts that they'll pish themselves laughing at. 

They are sh*te though!!!

They just got incredibly lucky last night, that's all, it had nothing to do with them being better than us.

Adblocker Detected