Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Perspective Needed

Derry Drummer

So, home after the game. I came on here for 5 minutes and it was full of roasters who I've never seen for years or brand new. So I left. 

My taks on things. 

The team was set up correct. Match them. Get in their face. McPake was the only one I may have played. McGowan hasn't been good for a while so correct decision also. 

For 2/3rds of the game I believe Dundee were they better team and matched United all over the pitch. We defended well, passed great. We were first to every challenge and also we never gave up. I feel like going threw the goals and situation is needed to calm things down. 

Dundee Goal 1: Chopped off. Wrong decision. 

United Goal 1: A louping header played into box and similar to GMS cross a few year ago landed close to goal. A mix up between Hamilton and I think McDaid. Hardly shocking. 

DG1: Well played. Dominated United and pushed up Park. Didn't lose belief. Well played. 

UG2: He smashed it. Simple. He obviously aimed for the goal. Like every player does but he hit and hoped. It smashed underside of the bar. It happens. 

UG3: I think he slipped into him for the penalty. It was wet. Who would have thought. 

UG4: Good Goal from Butcher. 

UG5: Smashed from 40 yeards and Foster tried to defend it. Defend the way we would like players to. All in, in front. Try block it. McPake style. Didnt work, 

UG6: Good play front United. Took deflection which prob stopped and easy save from Hamilton. 

DG2: Open play. Well done Nelson. 

So some perspective. Do you agree. That game can not and will not be the yard stick we measure our season on. In McPake interview he said it wasn't good enough and we move onto the next game. Exactly. This isn't the cup. We aren't out. It's a set back. Even Ally McCoist says Dundee deserved a better scoreline. 

Be angry, be hurt, but don't throw the towel in. United fans were calling for Neilsons head 4 weeks ago. Now want a 2 year extension. This is football. We did show 1 thing. Shankland is only as good as his million chances. He didn't get that last night. Foster done great. So, somethings you play well and get pumped. 

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

What a load of rubbish. 

Forster played well- just wow

We got a complete doing that night and need to stop looking for excuses for why we got thrashed. 

For 2/3 of the game Dundee were the better team?? The game was finished after 40 mins FFS. 

McGowan has plenty of experience of playing well in the derby yet you say you would maybe play a young boy signed from Rangers who may or may not turn out to be a decent player. The problem is he's untested so no one knows yet. Even if he did play he wouldn't have made a difference with our tactics. 

The game was crying out for us to play 5 in midfield. The 2 up top doesn't work for us at the moment. 

United won every individual battle, our defence looked like it hadn't played together before. We continued to play long pointless balls up top which completely made the decision to play with 2 wide men crazy. 

We got a hiding, we move on but let's kid ourselves. 

36 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

So, home after the game. I came on here for 5 minutes and it was full of roasters who I've never seen for years or brand new. So I left. 

My taks on things. 

The team was set up correct. Match them. Get in their face. McPake was the only one I may have played. McGowan hasn't been good for a while so correct decision also. 

For 2/3rds of the game I believe Dundee were they better team and matched United all over the pitch. We defended well, passed great. We were first to every challenge and also we never gave up. I feel like going threw the goals and situation is needed to calm things down. 

United Goal 1: A louping header played into box and similar to GMS cross a few year ago landed close to goal. A mix up between Hamilton and I think McDaid. Hardly shocking. 

DG1: Well played. Dominated United and pushed up Park. Didn't lose belief. Well played. 

UG2: He smashed it. Simple. He obviously aimed for the goal. Like every player does but he hit and hoped. It smashed underside of the bar. It happens. 

UG3: I think he slipped into him for the penalty. It was wet. Who would have thought. 

UG5: Smashed from 40 yeards and Foster tried to defend it. Defend the way we would like players to. All in, in front. Try block it. McPake style. Didnt work, 

UG6: Good play front United. Took deflection which prob stopped and easy save from Hamilton. 

So some perspective. Do you agree. That game can not and will not be the yard stick we measure our season on. In McPake interview he said it wasn't good enough and we move onto the next game. Exactly. This isn't the cup. We aren't out. It's a set back. Even Ally McCoist says Dundee deserved a better scoreline. 

Be angry, be hurt, but don't throw the towel in. United fans were calling for Neilsons head 4 weeks ago. Now want a 2 year extension. This is football. We did show 1 thing. Shankland is only as good as his million chances. He didn't get that last night. Foster done great. So, somethings you play well and get pumped. 

I disagree with pretty much all of this mate.

No point in trying to polish a t**d - we were hammered at the Sticklebrick yet again.

Agree we need to try and put it behind us and move on though. Easier said than done, for me.

Wins needed every week... somehow 

3 minutes ago, Valentke said:

The “natural order” topic has vanished.

So to add some perspective to that topic:

The 21st century has seen 11 Dee wins, 12 Dab wins and 11 draws.

John removed it due to a wee bit of squabbling and apparently things were getting, or potentially getting, out of hand. I was long bedded by that point and missed that. Topic hidden for the time being.

Two of there wins go down in the fokelore and we get the poker rammed up us again,mind that time we gave youse 6!!!!!!!Its a shameful display from a pro team at your biggest rivals ground,you make your own luck ,we were naive like a bairns gemme and got hammered.

1 hour ago, Derry Drummer said:

My taks on things. 

PM your dealers number please mate 👌

Terrible result which our play didn't deserve. Doesn't hide that it was a humping but we've got a lot still to play for and have to put this behind us and move on to the next game. A run if results is possible with the fixtures we've got coming up and will get us back on track!! If we were completely outplayed I'd be more worried but we weren't. We'll beat them this season that's for sure.

Mon the Dee!!

36 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

John removed it due to a wee bit of squabbling and apparently things were getting, or potentially getting, out of hand. I was long bedded by that point and missed that. Topic hidden for the time being.

I know you started it Rev (the topic, no' the squabbling & shi*e throwing!), but by 1am when I read it, it seemed largely a lot of anger-venting, and a few guys getting a wee bit overly-irritated with each other. 

It probably served its purpose in gathering up all that in one place, and maybe no great loss for it to have lived a short life.

Out of curiosity, when you started it, I guessed you had in mind Craig Levein's notorious post-derby (Embra) tv interview when he declared that 'natural order' had been restored in the city....but the Hibees certainly made him swallow that the next couple of derbies.

Can our ex-Hibee manager do the same to their ex-Jambo manager by November? 

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Out of curiosity, when you started it, I guessed you had in mind Craig Levein's notorious post-derby (Embra) tv interview when he declared that 'natural order' had been restored in the city....but the Hibees certainly made him swallow that the next couple of derbies.

Didn't have that in mind but the quote came to me from somewhere. I was just scunnered with the result and was being brutally honest. Bar the over spends by the Marrs and Stephen Thompson, where we signed superstars we couldn't afford and won all, or most, of the derbies and when Tommo spent a lot of money on a lot of sh**e and they got relegated we've mostly been the city's underdogs in my lifetime. We can say this and we can say that but the stats don't lie, they won more derbies when we were good and they've won more derbies when they were good. The bragging rights of the 50's and 60's are long gone and we need to start living in the here and now and dealing with the fact that we'd just taken another sore one.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Didn't have that in mind but the quote came to me from somewhere. I was just scunnered with the result and was being brutally honest. Bar the over spends by the Marrs and Stephen Thompson, where we signed superstars we couldn't afford and won all, or most, of the derbies and when Tommo spent a lot of money on a lot of sh**e and they got relegated we've mostly been the city's underdogs in my lifetime. We can say this and we can say that but the stats don't lie, they won more derbies when we were good and they've won more derbies when they were good. The bragging rights of the 50's and 60's are long gone and we need to start living in the here and now and dealing with the fact that we'd just taken another sore one.

To be fair just prior to the Bonetti era Jocky’s side had s good wee spell against them. Can remember Boyack and Atrero ripping them apart at Dens 

Adblocker Detected